• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
i'm pretty neutral. Gsp vs shields is going to be a snoozefest, i'm pretty sure. Shields isn't a very exciting fighter to watch, and GSP's last 3 wins have been decisions.

Mike2

Smash Ace
I just don't see the appeal of a group of sweaty men rubbing on each other trying to get balls away from each other. You can say that for all sports. lol It's a fight and they always start on the feet. If all you notice is "sweaty dudes grappling" as you put it, then I don't know what to tell you. lol

i'm pretty neutral. Gsp vs shields is going to be a snoozefest, i'm pretty sure. Shields isn't a very exciting fighter to watch, and GSP's last 3 wins have been decisions.
Shields def. isn't super exciting but what he is is really good. He's on a ridiculous win streak. Same as GSP. So what interests me is who's going to be better and pull out the W. I don't think GSP will be wanting any part of Shields on the ground(where Shields has the best chance of winning) so I think he'll keep it standing and tool him on the feet. GSP is good enough to do that. That seems like the most obvious gameplan but maybe he'll throw a curve ball.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
I don't really want to argue about this :D I just don't see the appeal of it is all. That goes for boxing too.

Oh, and baseball isn't about sweaty dudes rubbing against each other. And that's my favorite sport.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
Wait... Nike, how can you be trollin' on Zigs? Your team got emBEARassed. The Hornets put up a fight to a superior team.

Also, that's pretty damn impressive work there... I can't imagine how many minutes you spent.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Awesome stuff Nike.

For the record, baseball is a sport more about chilling in the outfield and having a conversation while the pitcher, batter, and catcher do all the work.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Cheater. You were sober.
It's no fun playing drunk when your opponent is sober.

Two handicaps: drunkenness and Mike3 lol

I don't remember specifics but I remember Mike3 always getting eliminated super early and me being like, "Wtf????" That is if my drunken memory serves me right. And there's a good chance it doesn't but that's what I remember. lol

Mike2

Smash Ace
I don't think GSP will be wanting any part of Shields on the ground(where Shields has the best chance of winning) so I think he'll keep it standing and tool him on the feet.
Yup.

Yup. lol

rest of the card was amazing tho

IG88

Smash Cadet
Nick, my head hurts too much to even do anything about you right now lol. Apparently i had a heat stroke last night

IG88

Smash Cadet
it was at night, but that's what the lifeguard/medical people told me after i blacked out and hit the ground twice

Top Bottom