• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Mike2

Smash Ace
I'll definitely be getting 3ds smash. I was planning on getting a 3ds and Wii U this year anyway. A lot of 3ds games look very interesting to me. I think the whole mobile/convenience thing might be more my style too. Plus I really want to support nintendo. And quite honestly I'm impatient and am not going to go 6 months knowing that I could be playing the new smash haha.

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Hero Ike confirmed. GG Marth.

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
why couldn't it be chrom :<
Because Ike is more badass and interesting.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Also:

I WASTED MY LIIIIIIIIIIFE

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Well, I can play with two types of controllers now. That's... something.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
YEHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
well if you wanna make the trek up here, i'd be down in the evenings. got a roomate that plays as well so we can at least do a small rotation

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
First you're up, then you're down; pick a direction, man!

Seriously though, up where?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I can still host too, if people want to play. Also, I still have someone's TV and they need to take it back.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I live up by techridge now. text if you want the exact address =P
Techridge? You may be closer to me than any other host so far.

I can still host too, if people want to play. Also, I still have someone's TV and they need to take it back.
NIKKU, you're staying in Austin!? I don't believe that I have any T.V.s floating around. Four CRTs, two flatscreens, all accounted for.
Also... I still have your remote. ^^;

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Who's going to best but to play some smash 4? I think there's one in San Antonio that will have it.
Are you implying that there won't be an austin location with it??? O_O

edit: checked myself, there's one in cedar park. Will definitely be there on the 14th, possible on the 11th as well.

Last edited:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Are you implying that there won't be an austin location with it??? O_O

edit: checked myself, there's one in cedar park. Will definitely be there on the 14th, possible on the 11th as well.
I'm going on the 14th. Wish I could go both days.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I have only one thing to say about the smash invitational tournament... **** THAT FAT **** KIRBY HAD THAT

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Hungrybox was going in on that last stock. Sudden death robbed him hard.

Mike2

Smash Ace
I made up my mind that I wanted zero to win since the players were announced. How are you not going to invite at least 2-3 brawl players to fill up the 16?? But melee players who don't even actively play smash anymore got in? That's a blatant FU to the brawl community. Especially after how much we helped them get into EVO. Remember all that #oneunit stuff? Guarantee the gameplay would have looked better too if you got players who were used to the engine. There's a reason Zero looked noticeably better than everyone else. Zero winning was karmic justice IMO.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I made up my mind that I wanted zero to win since the players were announced. How are you not going to invite at least 2-3 brawl players to fill up the 16?? But melee players who don't even actively play smash anymore got in? That's a blatant FU to the brawl community. Especially after how much we helped them get into EVO. Remember all that #oneunit stuff? Guarantee the gameplay would have looked better too if you got players who were used to the engine. There's a reason Zero looked noticeably better than everyone else. Zero winning was karmic justice IMO.
I didn't know a single one of the players other than vaguely knowing who Ken is. i was just rooting for the kirby player despite him looking incredibly d**chy cause he was wrecking ****.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Pac Man and Palutena actually look pretty neat.
Watching video of the tournament now.

1. Seeing people using Olimar's new recovery is going to give me a heart attack.

2. Olimar can't Fsmash off ledges anymore. :<

3. Oli's UpB can be canceled.

4. Pikmin are still morons.

5. Meter resets on death and isn't actually a guaranteed kill? Guess Little Mac won't be broken.

Last edited:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Moved to Austin for school back in August and now I'm looking to get back into Smash. Do y'all have any upcoming tournaments or smashfests?

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Moved to Austin for school back in August and now I'm looking to get back into Smash. Do y'all have any upcoming tournaments or smashfests?
No upcoming austin tournaments that im aware of until SmashU is out, but we do have a couple different hosts for smashfests. I'm kinda hosting a halfassed one today, but might do another on saturday, depending on how things go at best buy.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I like how 90% of my facebook feed predicted Zero vs Hungrybox in GFs with zero winning.

the hardest reads

**** that match tho, jesus christ.

VentureJ

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I've loved Smash for quite a while, but I'm relatively new to Austin and the competitive scene here. Are you guys able to confirm if Brawl or Melee is more popular/prevalent in this area? Where I used to live, Melee was the dominant game, but I am definitely looking forward to moving on to play more competitive Brawl (and Smash4 when that comes out)!

Any insight would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
As far as the people that pay attention to this thread goes, I believe we're more brawl-oriented than melee.

VentureJ

Smash Rookie
I'm happy to hear that, actually. Do you guys know of any good places to keep an eye on Austin-based Brawl tournaments/gatherings?

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
@VenturejTournaments for brawl aren't as popular in the Texas region as they are up North unfortunately, but I think we have all wanted to play this summer. We will post here when the next smashfest is. Also all of our info is on the front page if you want to know more.

@Nick I'm pretty sure it's Collins'.

Anyone go the best buy stores? I wish I could, but my Saturday is taken and I couldn't get out of class in time this week. I hope someone does go and gives us some info, but be sure to go very early. A lot of stores were getting 150+

Top Bottom