• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Brawl Power Ranking [Updated Ranking! Winter 2012-2013 Season (MK Legal)]

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
This.

We have enough TVs for ourselves already and we can completely run brawl by ourselves. All we need is a venue to play at ;)
No.

LOL

As said before, this isn't an issue. I don't know how much you know about running things beyond basic multi-event things but the number of tvs isn't the end all to why things get 'messy' (or whatever you wanna call it)

It's barely an issue even the way there are barely enough tvs for simply melee events at tournaments. I've only seen this room once, and it's roomy, but there are outlet shortages and it's shared with the whole school. AKA not just smash. Overlapping players in both games along with playing both games events at the same time being the only way to get it all done in one day makes it difficult to navigate everyone, let alone the fact that there are always delays with just one event due to communication things, players late/missing/taking long, etc. I won't go into it more.

There is a LOOOOOOT more to trying to get a multiple event tournament with multiple games done in one day than just TV numbers. That has almost nothing to do with it really.

There is a reason 2 games is best on 2 days. 1 game takes a day unless you spread each single event over multiple days. This goes for every size tournament (whether it's pools to brackets or game to game) and this applies to most 'tournament' or 'eventful' gatherings. Not just smash LOL

Unless of course there's only like 5 people XD

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
No.

LOL

As said before, this isn't an issue. I don't know how much you know about running things beyond basic multi-event things but the number of tvs isn't the end all to why things get 'messy' (or whatever you wanna call it)

It's barely an issue even the way there are barely enough tvs for simply melee events at tournaments. I've only seen this room once, and it's roomy, but there are outlet shortages and it's shared with the whole school. AKA not just smash. Overlapping players in both games along with playing both games events at the same time being the only way to get it all done in one day makes it difficult to navigate everyone, let alone the fact that there are always delays with just one event due to communication things, players late/missing/taking long, etc. I won't go into it more.

There is a LOOOOOOT more to trying to get a multiple event tournament with multiple games done in one day than just TV numbers. That has almost nothing to do with it really.

There is a reason 2 games is best on 2 days. 1 game takes a day unless you spread each single event over multiple days. This goes for every size tournament (whether it's pools to brackets or game to game) and this applies to most 'tournament' or 'eventful' gatherings. Not just smash LOL

Unless of course there's only like 5 people XD
james i can see your point...but i think what ben means is to do a separate event from melee on the same day..but with a different host and maybe venue....or even if it was on the same venue it could still be 2 different events and as long as their is a different host for each event it shouldnt be too much of a problem except for the crowd of people...lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol

Go to a different venue entirely...disallow anybody playing both games...different host...same tournament.

That could work. Good luck, different organizer ;)

LOL

I know what you and ben are pointing out. It being pointed out doesn't change anything unless the rest of it is pointed out and changed too. If you know what I mean. ;)

Edit: Btw, smash this weekend? I'll be in Van from Saturday around 4pm to Monday morning. Melee, Brawl, 64 and Dota all ready to be played. Me and AJ gonna be hopping around/bringin people over for smashy. I want to smash vincy! :)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
This.

We have enough TVs for ourselves already and we can completely run brawl by ourselves. All we need is a venue to play at ;)
The main problem is that Jordan can't make it, so we're out on quite a few TVs, otherwise Jack probably would've tried to run both on the same day :/

We could always do something at that Home Video place, Jordan asked and they said they were fine with us coming over for smashfests and/or tourneys O:

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
ok..yea im gonna be honest to say im upset im not on pr...from 4th to not on at all sucks...and i can beat half the people on it..i just didnt get the chance to play any of them at pheonix...lol!! but whatever..doesnt really matter anymore...good job everyone... :D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
There was only one big one that the Islanders came out for (Phoenix Brawl), but there have been a lot of smaller tourneys that most of the mainlanders showed up to. The smaller ones give us an idea of where the mainlanders stand, but the Islanders are only able to make it out every once in a while...

:005:

Clouderz

Smash Ace
cool PR i guess, can i be a panelist?

cya at the next big tourney

STEP IT UP EL DUO DE LA HISTORIAAAAAAAAAAA

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
cool PR i guess, can i be a panelist?
We're leaning towards making another Islander a panelist, so we don't end up with like, 4 mainlanders and 1 islander. We'll think about it though.

EDIT: Phoenix 2. I'll get the thread up soon, but I want to get a better idea of what the ruleset is going to be first.

breez

Smash Ace
up two, im slowly making my way up.
Breez. I am gonna take you down next tourney ;D
Haha I hope so - you better train harder than me then ;)

Playing against you was really fun but I get the sense that you weren't playing at the top of your game in our set. See ya next tourny :)

ok..yea im gonna be honest to say im upset im not on pr...from 4th to not on at all sucks...and i can beat half the people on it..i just didnt get the chance to play any of them at pheonix...lol!! but whatever..doesnt really matter anymore...good job everyone... :D
You were debated about being put on but recently it doesn't seem like you've preformed enough in the last few tournies to be on the list right now. Prove yourself next tourny and you can easily be on it - like you said, you can beat half the people on the list: Go and do it and we will gladly put you in your rightful place :)

I certainly think you can do it :D
Lol I'm still not on the PR! :O haha I thought I would be for sure :p

Oh well guess I will have to **** next tournament ;)
You/Blue_yoshi was probably the most discussed rank placement. FWIW I leaned slightly closer to putting you on 10th spot, but we didn't think it would be fair to Blue_yoshi because he has placed better than you OVERALL.

Come out with a good tourny placing next time and you will be on the PR for sure.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
I am megaman!
im blue and cyan!
the creation of Dr light
or Right if your from japan(also known as Rockman)
my megabuster can cut your mustard ahh i love mustard emputee POW POW

I AM ALSO KNOWN AS THE BLUE BOMBER
I CAN SHOOT THE LEGS OF JEFFREY DAHMER

Kill a ROBOT FISH
Kill a ROBOT FROG

and then i ride OFF ON MAH ROBOT DOG

IIIIIIIIIIIII AM MEGA MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
I GOT A MUTHA'FUKKIN GUN FO' A HANDDDD
put together by Dr Right
or Light
if your american
i ate ALL MY MEGA-BRAN
i live in 2d and ITS MAH DUTY TO DESTROY
THE MASTER BOTS (pow pow)

I am also known as the blue bomba'
I am voting for Ba-rockman-obama

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
You were debated about being put on but recently it doesn't seem like you've preformed enough in the last few tournies to be on the list right now. Prove yourself next tourny and you can easily be on it - like you said, you can beat half the people on the list: Go and do it and we will gladly put you in your rightful place :)

I certainly think you can do it :D
hehe...when is next tourney?? btw i will play really gay next time...haha only tornados! :p jk

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
alright, tpain is gonna like lay it down,

kinda weird that im not on the PR honestly, in terms of the number of MMs ive done with the Money Matching Mexican and a few tourney matches we played at both Jacks tourney at SFU and Phoenix, and a bunch of other times, i think i should be at least 8-9.

i know i can play better or even with pretty much everyone on that list, excluding the top people.

So i just like to know the reasoning for not putting me on this list asides from simply tournament ranking?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
lol... Tournament rankings = PR. The other criteria is what determines spots after tournament placing is considered. At least that's how most PR's work.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
holy ****??

9???

i much better then some people in pr..

ok mm i really don't care about the pr

MM???

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
To the people not happy with their placement on the PR (or lack thereof...); you need to have good tournament results to get a good ranking. If somebody's above you, it's because they have proven that they can outperform you in a tournament setting, and at the end of the day, that's the most important factor. If you want to increase your ranking, the best way to do that is to beat ranked players IN TOURNAMENT SETS.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
if your as good as you say you are
you should be able to prove it in tourney
simple as that

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
no!! lets do it now best of 5 against each player on pr!! haha
lol I agree and make it Money Matches to make sure the person is trying. NO JOHNS!

Also Vincent and I are gonna go into the hyperbolic time chamber and **** you guys next tourney we go to!

Oh and play Ben, Brian, Bryan, and whoever else wants to play us :p

Top Bottom