• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
You b*tch for no reason, rushan. You dwell on things for waaay too long, just let it go.
naw it was partially my fault for not making thread earlier than the UBC tourney, i'll keep that in mind in the future.

but truth to be told, even if i were to make the thread, the same day but before the UBCs i doubt that they'll even think about changing their date. also i said nothing in their thread about SFU smashfest, i only posted in BC thread asking if regulars are up for some smash.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Rofl. Brawl community and Melee community are the same? Smash community is the same to the smash community, but Brawl community and the Melee community could be comparable to the SC2 and the SC3 communities.

As far as I knew, most people in the "SFU community" weren't going to the UBC tournament anyway, as to disagreeing with the rules. So, if people going to the SFU smashfest weren't planning on going to the UBC one anyway, it really doesn't matter. Besides, Vancity was needing an organized weekly or biweekly smashfest anyway.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
It has stopped, you just wont let it die.
I meant making events the same date as other events. I've brought it up before. Kelowna tournament and one of the recent large GameClucks are examples. Both had people interested in going. Both had a tournament made at SFU for the same day following their announcement.

But yeah fine, I'll drop it this time.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Or you can look at the 2007 awards on the first page of this thread and notice it is John(who doesn't even really play the game) for 2007.:ohwell:

Edit: I also shall make it easyer haha.
I present the Award to Mr. John Mach
John was strictly active at pro level for 06-07. That's why he got it for 07 keith...

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I support Jack for MVS btw. Just because he doesn't play Melee or Brawl doesn't mean that he won't **** us any less hard at SSB. And then there's the whole most active organizer throughout the year, and not only, Jack is SUPER awesome.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
so i plan to go to next Smashfest this time, which is tomorrow? (Oct 4th) And i totally forgot where it is since hte last time i went was a long time ago :( is there a map i can follow?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
so i plan to go to next Smashfest this time, which is tomorrow? (Oct 4th) And i totally forgot where it is since hte last time i went was a long time ago :( is there a map i can follow?
Take bus until they kick everyone off. Look for big stairs downhill. Don't see big stairs? YOU'RE GOING WRONG WAY!!! Go down stairs and stay to right until you see building. GO IN BUILDING AND ONTO SECOND FLOOR!!! USE SPIRAL STAIRS!!! Go to side of hall with leetle gurlz room and walk until you make it to a wall, possibly covered in a giant spider web, at least it was last I recall. They may have taken it down, I don't know what it was for or how long ago I saw it. Then go left and look for door wedged open with toilet paper roll or backpack or rubber ducky or whatever's handy.

No, I don't know where to find map.

unityole

Smash Lord
call me at 604 722 7798 when you get to SFU and lost i'll come find u

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
um yeah, yakal gets pwned by noobs like me in melee even after i dont play the game in over half a year, id say move to the ec to learn melee

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
why make fun of me? Manuel makes me rofl, just the way he acts lol
Oh Clouderz. You're too kind.
so.. is he like never coming back
Booshk, be good at smash. He's coming back in like 8 months. :]
You too, James. Melee MM
This is the last straw.

I enforce a new rule (with the help of one Troy McCool):

YOU MAY NOT ASK FOR A MONEY MATCH WITH A NEW FORUM MEMBER UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED THEM IN PERSON. OR UNLESS THEY'RE BEING REALLY C0CKY.

It is disgusting the way more experienced players jump on the new ones, as if their main motive is to make money off other players, instead of having fun with them. People don't want to come in to a community where the first thing that happens is a 6'6" tall man asking them to give him money. This scares away new players. I'd have thought this is obvious, but people haven't caught on. It's been a trend in this thread, trust me.

Please =]

booshk

Smash Lord
MM all new ppl here? T_T=)

MANUEl i was nevER NOT GOOD AT SMASH :chuckle::chuckle:
ahah jkjk

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Manly, Yakal and I have played plenty, in melee and Barlw. In melee we were pretty even but I didn't play for the 6 previous months so either he's improved a ton and it'll be close or he's still the same and will get *****, just like he got owned in our only ever Brawl mm. >:]

I accept yakal, as we've said we'd mm next time we met and that has been over 2 months ago haha
Also
I accept all and every mm from everyone and challenge all and everyone to mms.

DOIT

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
hey everyone,

if you live near UBC and would be up for some small melee smashfests on the weekends with 6-10 people on a few tv's then please send me a message. not trying to compete with the SFU smashfests, just trying to provide a closer option for local smashers.

Marshall

unityole

Smash Lord
hey everyone,

if you live near UBC and would be up for some small melee smashfests on the weekends with 6-10 people on a few tv's then please send me a message. not trying to compete with the SFU smashfests, just trying to provide a closer option for local smashers.

Marshall

NOooooO JOHNS
if u guys have players that want to do tons 64 i'll go, doubt it though

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Oh Clouderz. You're too kind.

Booshk, be good at smash. He's coming back in like 8 months. :]

This is the last straw.

I enforce a new rule (with the help of one Troy McCool):

YOU MAY NOT ASK FOR A MONEY MATCH WITH A NEW FORUM MEMBER UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED THEM IN PERSON. OR UNLESS THEY'RE BEING REALLY C0CKY.

It is disgusting the way more experienced players jump on the new ones, as if their main motive is to make money off other players, instead of having fun with them. People don't want to come in to a community where the first thing that happens is a 6'6" tall man asking them to give him money. This scares away new players. I'd have thought this is obvious, but people haven't caught on. It's been a trend in this thread, trust me.

Please =]
WTF manuel, Tony's the one always askin ppl for MM's, not me.

EDIT: You better start showing up to SFU's. I was looking forward to beating you today as tony was unable to provide enough of a challenge ;)

Clouderz

Smash Ace
the only person here that has MM'd me in brawl is james...i mean cmon...JAMES?? (btw we'll have more MM's at sfu ^_^ whenever your coming)

what about you tony, ****it, yakal? ;_;

Top Bottom