• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

dieslow

Smash Ace
watch out clouderz, ur **** has consequences kid.

(BAN OF MK)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197057

brawl with no MK =

Snake/D3/Wario/Pika/Marth/Falco/Olimar/Rob/Lucario/DK/Diddy/ZSS + more viable in high level O_O

D3 beats snake, Olimar beats D3, Snake beats Olimar, etc. brawl would be a lot more interesting IMO with more counterpick chars out there kind of like what melee has (but like 2x dumbed down)

What u guys think?

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
not just a dream bwuahaha. SBR is currently deciding weather or not MK is banworthy. Brawl would be so much more with all the extra tourney viable characters/counterpick characters, instead of just using MK the whole way, who's way too OP >.>>!!!!!

unityole

Smash Lord
not just a dream bwuahaha. SBR is currently deciding weather or not MK is banworthy. Brawl would be so much more with all the extra tourney viable characters/counterpick characters, instead of just using MK the whole way, who's way too OP >.>>!!!!!
imo MK has auto z/l cancel so it auto wins

then again anyone can choose to play mk so in the end, it'll be mk vs mk which is a fact to not bann mk.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
i enforce a rule too: no asking people to MM and then pu$sying out when u get the chance to play, HORRIBLE.
You speak the truth; let's get our MM's recorded. Note though, I have much less money now then when I made those offers -- can we find a way to balance the Pikachu match?
Hi there. :p
Gary I live on Gage pretty much with Toby. We need to smash.
MM all new ppl here? T_T=)

MANUEl i was nevER NOT GOOD AT SMASH :chuckle::chuckle:
ahah jkjk
Well booshka, maybe you need to change your msn name and learn to play real smash now =P.
Manly, Yakal and I have played plenty, in melee and Barlw. In melee we were pretty even but I didn't play for the 6 previous months so either he's improved a ton and it'll be close or he's still the same and will get *****, just like he got owned in our only ever Brawl mm. >:]

I accept yakal, as we've said we'd mm next time we met and that has been over 2 months ago haha
Also
I accept all and every mm from everyone and challenge all and everyone to mms.

DOIT
My post wasn't directed at you, it was just the feather that tipped the seesaw of anger in my heart.
for the record i was about to head out to sfu today but it started to rain pretty bad

also i have midterms next week :(
I have midterms this week =[
hey everyone,

if you live near UBC and would be up for some small melee smashfests on the weekends with 6-10 people on a few tv's then please send me a message. not trying to compete with the SFU smashfests, just trying to provide a closer option for local smashers.

Marshall
I stay at Gage quite often and I'm at UBC all day mon-thurs, and until noon on Fri. Smash we could.
WTF manuel, Tony's the one always askin ppl for MM's, not me.

EDIT: You better start showing up to SFU's. I was looking forward to beating you today as tony was unable to provide enough of a challenge ;)
Haha Adam, it's both of you, trust me. "Start showing up to SFU's"? I've missed one, friend. But sure, I'll try to make it out this Saturday =P.
yeah well...whats the difference from MM'ing me now?
YAY CLOUDERZ
watch out clouderz, ur **** has consequences kid.

(BAN OF MK)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197057

brawl with no MK =

Snake/D3/Wario/Pika/Marth/Falco/Olimar/Rob/Lucario/DK/Diddy/ZSS + more viable in high level O_O

D3 beats snake, Olimar beats D3, Snake beats Olimar, etc. brawl would be a lot more interesting IMO with more counterpick chars out there kind of like what melee has (but like 2x dumbed down)

What u guys think?
LOL "your **** has consequences kid."
Yup. Fox dittos are way better than MK dittos.
Agreed!!
at least it isn't as boring to watch
But of course.
play melee : D
Wisest words you've spoken.

booshk

Smash Lord
LOl whats my msn name got to do with anything :O

fo sho man let's play :) :) :)

so.. something happening this saturdya? very far away? T_T

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Well I'm ****ing random so I ****ing hate it and if I ever get MK then **** you I'm being MK ****it!

that was my ANGER today.

Edit: I haven't played smash since August :(

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman

Ok Manuel, this Friday, is after skool kool?

Doesn't Toby live at Marine?

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
I stay at Gage quite often and I'm at UBC all day mon-thurs, and until noon on Fri. Smash we could.

well, if you live close to the university, then saturday works for 5 people yetsofar. Does this saturday work for you? I'm thinking of having like a 3 tv melee fest at my house.

dealwithit

Smash Rookie
new to the forums, but a long time smasher here. 20 yo from Surrey and I go to kwantlen, studying in accounting. i usually play brawl, but im open to ssb and melee (though im better in brawl).

are there tournaments in the lower mainland often (ill wade through this thread and tourney forum later)? i'd probably get pwned, but i'd come out atleast :)

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
we have smashfests weekly on saturdays at SFU in burnaby mountain. mostly melee. myself and dieslow live in surrey so if you wanna have some friendlies, let one of us know since we're close to you

FalseFalco

Smash Master
@ Rusty Shacklefurd

Marth Fox is even
Falco Fox is even
If you still play peach (cort) Peach Fox is like 45:55

@ Chocolate Thunda

That's the best name ever

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I do not understand though, cant a very technically precise fox start an infinite from a shine a good amount of the time?

not on normal maps

all ground infinites have DI's you can do

he has mad combos yes, but his drillshine "infinites" are more like "chaingrabs" once you add in smash DI

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
@ Rusty Shacklefurd

Marth Fox is even
Falco Fox is even
Falco/Fox is in Falco's favour on every level that isn't FD. If Fox gets a grab there it should equal a stock or 70%.

Marth/Fox is even on most stages...I think Marth has the advantage on FD, and his range helps him on Yoshis too.

Fox ***** Peach. Honestly, its not even close. If you struggle with lcancels, or constantly nair/bair...OR run into a side-step campy Peach - then thats a different story.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Fox has a myriad of counter picks vs. Marth, but it's relatively even. Marth really needs to win game 1.
Fox ***** the hell out of Peach, D-air + Shine + Up-Smash = Peach loses

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lmao.

If you mean Hitsu then mehh...I hear he's amazing. But anyone else and I don't know what to tell you. Dair beats Peach as a character. Its everything Fox needs and then some.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Harder than it sounds on a really good Peach..
I dunno, if the fox doesn't spam forward smash xD it's really easy. Most of the Peach mains I've talked to in the states are learning Falco or something JUST for Fox (Wife and Xelic, Cort goes Marth, even Vidjo has a Marth)

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
i learned to play mk in 10 mins, ask tony
Ha! Last Saturday I played a bit of barlw 3-for-alls after my several month boycott and I was terrible. Then I picked up MK and by around the fifth match, the two guys I was playing against had to play as Pit and DK AND team up on me the entire match to beat me, and I still got them both to their last stocks and over 100% damage. Srsly, MK too good and it ain't that hard to pick him up, which is why I don't want him banned because it's the only character I can beat anyone with:chuckle:.
@ Rusty Shacklefurd

Marth Fox is even
Falco Fox is even
But this is B.C., land of the Fox ditto.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
LOl whats my msn name got to do with anything :O

fo sho man let's play :) :) :)

so.. something happening this saturdya? very far away? T_T
SFU tournament... not too far?

Ok Manuel, this Friday, is after skool kool?

Doesn't Toby live at Marine?
Hmm, I'm supposed to visit my elementary school. But sure I can play for an hour or 2. I'm off at 12. 7SEVEN8 3TWENTYTWO 5261. Toby lives at gage now.

well, if you live close to the university, then saturday works for 5 people yetsofar. Does this saturday work for you? I'm thinking of having like a 3 tv melee fest at my house.
I don't live close the university; I normally go home for weekends. But there's a tournament at SFU this weekend anyway; try to make it out! If not we can always smash another time.
Falco/Fox is in Falco's favour on every level that isn't FD. If Fox gets a grab there it should equal a stock or 70%.

Marth/Fox is even on most stages...I think Marth has the advantage on FD, and his range helps him on Yoshis too.

Fox ***** Peach. Honestly, its not even close. If you struggle with lcancels, or constantly nair/bair...OR run into a side-step campy Peach - then thats a different story.
Nah man, Falco doesn't really have the advantage like you make it sound. Ask Eggz, SW, etc. Better yet, ask me. I personally think it's pretty even, but some better players will tell you it's Fox's favor these days.
Harder than it sounds on a really good Peach..
Absolutely true. That is, dair= get chaingrabbed or dsmashed. A good peach will SDI the dair like 80%+ of the time...
lmao.

If you mean Hitsu then mehh...I hear he's amazing. But anyone else and I don't know what to tell you. Dair beats Peach as a character. Its everything Fox needs and then some.
Not just Hitsugaya. Most good peaches will **** your butt if you go around trying to dair them.
XIF is learning Falco too, almost forgot him
Falco is getting good again, only cuz everyone forgot how to play against him. Fox is still too ****.

Top Bottom