• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Sure. You've asked for an MM with just about every single person whos picked up a gamecube controller and you don't wanna MM me for a measly few bucks?

Thats okay you can avoid me in MM's but not in tournaments.
The point is...

... they don't owe me money ;) lol

also, I look forward to CRUSHING you in our next tournament bracket set =)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Where is this taking place. I'm new here so I don't know where people hold tournaments. I heard about one in UBC near the Faculty of Engineering lecture building but I'm not very sure.
Yeah I heard that they do that too. Do you attend UBC? If so, send me a private message and I can get you my number; I'm at UBC pretty much all the time, and I semi-live at Gage.
or we can stop kidding ourselves and play melee?
Agreed
Or just play melee....
Agreed
or we can stop going to bible study at 3:30 so manuel can play?
Yeah, it might make sense to start later? But we're not the only ones in the study; there are other people's schedules to accommodate. Smash is a game.
or instead of going to bible study, bring bible study to sfu >.>
I would, too. But it's kinda hard for people to make it out to SFU, and to impose that just cuz me and Keith want to play smash would be beyond selfish.
I was at a tennis tournament last weekend and we drove near SFU. it is a ****ing lie when people say that it is close to UBC. that **** is far. for me to bus there would take a good amount of time, and I have been told that for some reason, I can't just ride the brentwood station 25 bus all the way out to the station and cab from there? how this does not work, I don't know. someone please explain.

I really want to go this Sat, but it would probably only be myself and one friend who is OK. if anyone is planning on coming out from the westside that would be able to give two people a ride and we would chip in for gas, this would be much appreciated.
No one really comes out from that direction, to the best of my ability. I can't see why you wouldn't just do the following:

99 B-Line to Broadway Station
Walk to Commercial Drive station (the one with yellow signs)
Take the Millenium Line to "Production Way - University"
Walk down the stairs, and take the 145 SFU bus, get off at last stop
Call someone to get you.

On a Saturday morning, B-Line to Broadway should be max 40 minutes. Skytrain ride should be 10-15 minutes, maybe less. 145 bus ride should be 10-15 minutes. Tada!
This is something I've failed to understand. You guys always ditch SFU early to do "bible study". Bible study could simply be rescheduled to some other time or day. The bible's not going anywhere people. Paying money to enter melee events and then leaving because you need to go to bible study. I know about bible study, I did it for years, I'm down with it. Just, the whole premise of what I explained above, confuses me. You guys talk about it like it's some annual event that you MUST be in attendance for, or your full time job that you can't possibly miss a day of. It's bible study, for crying out loud. It's an event that can be postponed and you can even discuss things on a forum or via MSN if you wanna discuss different passages. Seriously, I really miss having you guys stay for tournaments. On top of that, Manuel's just avoiding the inevitable **** that WILL BE my falcon on his fox. ;)

EDIT: Find a nice quiet room while at SFU, and do bible study there. Not too hard. Meet up with the other bible study members on sunday when you see them at church... every week... probably more. >.>
You speak from emotion, not for logic. Nice to know you miss me, though. It's more like there are others who perhaps wouldn't want to bus an hour to get to SFU. Keith leads the study, he kinda needs to be there. How are we gonna show people who come that we care for them if they have to go out of their way to accommodate us? In regards to distance-fellowship, it is obviously not the same. Besides being impersonal, it lacks the community aspect which is why we meet in the first place. I would be for changing the time, though, but for whatever reason Keith's not wanting to do that. And that's fine. I might be going to a different one soon anyway =O.
When you like your imaginary friend upstairs more then life itself you don't really have much of a choice...
When your uninformed human interpretation gets in the way of a genuine approach to what could be the most important thing in your life, you don't really have much choice but to echo pre-constructed complaints from past infidels.
In case you forgot, it's winner stays in after each round ;)

Money match?
I don't think you quite understood what he said =P.
BUT ETERNAL DAMNATION WAITS FOR NO ONE!!! Yah! I went there!
=P self-imposed ****ation. Either way, whether I go to bible study or not I don't fear said ****ation. After all, is it by good works that you're saved?

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
To Manli: Bus' and public transit in general scares me. In all seriousness to a degree. I also know that

with doing new things such as going on the skytrain and busing to places I have never been to, I am

inevitably going to get lost or miss my stop. Therefore, I am trying to make things as simple as possible,

at least for the first time doing this. My plan is to take the Brentwood 25 that runs literally thirty seconds

away from my house, and ride it all the way out to Brentwood Station. From Brentwood Station, I would

take the 136 along to Duthie and Halifax which is only about 5 min car ride from SFU. If someone could

just pick me up from there it would make a simple, albeit lengthy, journey.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
To Manli: Bus' and public transit in general scares me. In all seriousness to a degree. I also know that

with doing new things such as going on the skytrain and busing to places I have never been to, I am

inevitably going to get lost or miss my stop. Therefore, I am trying to make things as simple as possible,

at least for the first time doing this. My plan is to take the Brentwood 25 that runs literally thirty seconds

away from my house, and ride it all the way out to Brentwood Station. From Brentwood Station, I would

take the 136 along to Duthie and Halifax which is only about 5 min car ride from SFU. If someone could

just pick me up from there it would make a simple, albeit lengthy, journey.
I would be inclined to agree with you. However, let me tell you that taking the 136 somewhere is dangerous business, since I have never in my life heard of that bus number. Let's make things simpler.

How about you take the 25 Brentwood bus all the way to Brentwood Station, I meet you there, we grab some food, and then we skytrain over to SFU?

dieslow

Smash Ace
did somebody say money match???

ill do $10 for $5 MM's with anyone who wants my moneyz. $20 for $10 too.

Get in line quick. Money is limited ;_;

unityole

Smash Lord
To Manli: Bus' and public transit in general scares me. In all seriousness to a degree. I also know that with doing new things such as going on the skytrain and busing to places I have never been to, I am inevitably going to get lost or miss my stop.

From Brentwood Station, I would take the 136 along to Duthie and Halifax which is only about 5 min car ride from SFU. If someone could just pick me up from there it would make a simple, albeit lengthy, journey.
when asking for a ride, first thing you wanna do is to make it simple for the driver, not for yourself. To ask someone for help and give you a ride, you making them do more work trying to find you? i seriously never heard of a place called Duthie and Halifax, even if it's only 5 mins drive to SFU and to be honest, a lot of places are 5 minutes drive away from SFU.

skytrain is basically the source of everything. EVEN if you are lost and don't know which way to go but AT a skytrain station, we can easily help you out through phone. but if you're at a bus stop or an intersection of two streets of some unknown place, we can't help even if we want to.

Manli is being polite and very patient, we all know its hard to keep the community going especially new players, cause most of them just get pwned and lose interest. Manli is willing to help YOU and meet YOU at brentwood station, plz just go with that.

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
Thanks alot Manli, I definitley like the sound of this plan. I really appreciate your help here and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. What time does the smash begin? Just name a time when it would work for me to meet you at Brentwood Station. My cell is 604.928.6903, could I get yours?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Is the tournament tommorow? October 17, 2008? Will there be brawl to play? It's raining alot.
1) It's not a tournament so much as it is a smash fest.
2) October 17, 2008 is today.
3) I hear Dan(that's his name, right?) is bringing barlw with hacks so I'm not too sure what's happening with that...
4) Rain sucks sh*t.

we usually only play melee
CS?

... CS!?!

unityole

Smash Lord
supertramp and other new players, go to the SFU weekly smashfest thread, 1st post has pretty much everything. we begins at around 11 30 or noonish. so be there around that time it's fine, you can be late, its not a tournament so its okay.

but note that manli is the early bird he'll get here around 11 ish.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone bring an extra gamecube controller for me, please? I don't have a gamecube controller nor a Wiifi controller. Anyway, see everyone there.

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
I dunno Rusty I guess you'll just have to ask me when I'm there tomorrow :D

I'm bringing hacked brawl which contains (sit down):
1) no tripping
2) Melee directional Air Dodging
3) 64 shield canceling (or zcancel)

Also on rampage's request I'm bringing sfii and sfiii >.> I thought I was done with competitive sf.

And to make things clear, I play all 3 games yet don't excel in any of them. Don't think of me as someone who only plays brawl >.> I'm not playing cpu in the corner lols

edit:

Every hacked brawl match that can be replaysaved will be replaysaved for youtube spreading the word out purposes.

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
wait, you played 3rd strike competitively?? I'm just starting up. Been playing for a few weeks now. This should be fun :)
I played SFII competitively but SFIII a lot but not competitively. Still, I'm no pushover in sfiii I just gotta get back into it. I forget like 40% of the combos I used XD

edit:

look look a Brawl crombo using wavedashing!!! who's that skilled ganon player? :O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O lol jk this video was just for fun. Can probably DI away easily.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=G2p7zyUqpHE

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Wait, you can hack Brawl to make replays over 3 minutes? I'm interested in this. Link please?

Also, if you need a GCN controller, Toys R Us has 'em for $24.97. Well, not really. They're selling their leftover GameCubes for $24.97. So buy, get the controller, use the GCN as a lunchbox or something.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
See, I'm glad Yakal got destroyed by Rusty since it made me look better on video.
He didn't get destroyed, it was just a 2 stock. Besides, we all know Yakal is better than me and he exce-HAHAHAHAHA!!! HE'S SO TERRIBLE!!!

Edit: I WILL NEVER MM YOU

use the GCN as a lunchbox or something.
I'll have to consider doing that...

Top Bottom