• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
funny thing about brawl wavedash, i kinda see the invincibility part.. its like spotdodge while wave dashing.

anyone up for this weekend smashfest? i might skip it if theres not enough people, busy with school work.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
funny thing about brawl wavedash, i kinda see the invincibility part.. its like spotdodge while wave dashing.

anyone up for this weekend smashfest? i might skip it if theres not enough people, busy with school work.
Well I'll be going even if I'm the only person there. :lick:

I think that player was actually spot dodging while wavedashing. Here's the same hack played by another player http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vBV8CCLJsfM

ya ill probably come to sat's smashfest. maybe with WD brawl???? :O
Lol f* that.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
Where is this taking place. I'm new here so I don't know where people hold tournaments. I heard about one in UBC near the Faculty of Engineering lecture building but I'm not very sure.

unityole

Smash Lord
Where is this taking place. I'm new here so I don't know where people hold tournaments. I heard about one in UBC near the Faculty of Engineering lecture building but I'm not very sure.
this is taking place at SFU weekends, weekly.
for more info just talk to me via msn, probably fastest way to get to me. jack_tuboogee [at] hotmail.com

and hey, welcome to BC smash community =O

unityole

Smash Lord
Ah, i'll definitly add you to get more info. I want to bring my friend along too.
that works. i just saw you added me on msn, but msn playing tricks on me and apparently i can speak to u cause u're not on the allow list :/ wth.

i delete the contact and added u again. i'll speak to u next time u're online

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Got the no tripping + directional air dodging hack working on Brawl. I'll bring it this Sat :D Now all we need is to get rid of auto sweetspotting, implement l-cancel, and perhaps more hitstun

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
I was at a tennis tournament last weekend and we drove near SFU. it is a ****ing lie when people say that it is close to UBC. that **** is far. for me to bus there would take a good amount of time, and I have been told that for some reason, I can't just ride the brentwood station 25 bus all the way out to the station and cab from there? how this does not work, I don't know. someone please explain.

I really want to go this Sat, but it would probably only be myself and one friend who is OK. if anyone is planning on coming out from the westside that would be able to give two people a ride and we would chip in for gas, this would be much appreciated.

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
or would it be possible, if I were to bus out, for someone to pick me up from Duthie and Halifax? it's only like 3.5km of driving from there to SFU, but it would save me having to double back and then take two more buses.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
or instead of going to bible study, bring bible study to sfu >.>
This is something I've failed to understand. You guys always ditch SFU early to do "bible study". Bible study could simply be rescheduled to some other time or day. The bible's not going anywhere people. Paying money to enter melee events and then leaving because you need to go to bible study. I know about bible study, I did it for years, I'm down with it. Just, the whole premise of what I explained above, confuses me. You guys talk about it like it's some annual event that you MUST be in attendance for, or your full time job that you can't possibly miss a day of. It's bible study, for crying out loud. It's an event that can be postponed and you can even discuss things on a forum or via MSN if you wanna discuss different passages. Seriously, I really miss having you guys stay for tournaments. On top of that, Manuel's just avoiding the inevitable **** that WILL BE my falcon on his fox. ;)

EDIT: Find a nice quiet room while at SFU, and do bible study there. Not too hard. Meet up with the other bible study members on sunday when you see them at church... every week... probably more. >.>

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
When you like your imaginary friend upstairs more then life itself you don't really have much of a choice...

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
SFU burnaby. Applied Sciene building. Take the 145 bus from "Production Way Univeristy" skytrain station to the very end of it's route. Then just walk in the direction the bus is facing when it drops you off down the stairs and follow the path off to the right. Should end up right infront of the Applied Sciences building. My MSN is adambrown87@hotmail.com and my number is 778-892-2554. I'll help u get there and explain better if necessary. No johns.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Sure. You've asked for an MM with just about every single person whos picked up a gamecube controller and you don't wanna MM me for a measly few bucks?

Thats okay you can avoid me in MM's but not in tournaments.

Top Bottom