• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
**** anime.

Pokemon, YuGiOh, and late-night Adult Swim anime only.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I wasn't thinking about it but it isn't a bad idea.

A thread for strategies and tips regarding Falco's doubles game...I like it.

Can we please change the name of this ****ing thread already. Maybe something that's not the bakery...or German...

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
PROFANITY NEEDS TO BE ALLOWED ON THIS ****ING WEBSITE.

and no. lol.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
The Bakery sounds like a legit title. I've always liked it. The german does need to go, though.

Also, Falco is bad in doubles. There's nothing else to it.

swordsaint

Smash Master
falcos not bad in doubles providing you remember he plays differently.

i've had success with falco in doubles. falco is a support character, not the lead character.

his cgs are great in doubles when your teammate can reliably defend you, the cg with a team partner is even more devastating for obvious reasons.

falcos lasers are great interruptions when not spammed.

falcos jab is great for team combos.

phantasm is another good interrupter to get your teammate out of combos and grabs and the like, but its also good if you can land it on both enemies, which can often happen.

the idea is that falcos defensive, he camps but doesn't spam. He walls enemies in to his teammates zones and provides combos for his heavy hitting teammate.

I personally recommend wario as a falco teammate. They juts compliment each other well imo.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I'm teaming with M@ster R@ven (really good FL MK) this weekend for a tournament. The teams there are gonna be ridiculous >_> (Se!br!k - Metaknight/EMVEEDEE - Snake, Ch@z - Marth/ES@M - Pikachu, V!nn!e - Game and Watch/N!ckR!ddle - ZSS).

It's omnigays, buckets, and thunders all day errday. Any tips?

Choice

Smash Champion
well, you know how to deal with omni gay and bucket right? thunder in doubles isn't really something i'm familiar with past when i played pikachu

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
For Falco's going to big tourneys pretty soon, we should have a Pika hit list and whoever beats a certain pika with Falco, that player should get payed $5 or more by other Falco's what do you guys think?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
For Falco's going to big tourneys pretty soon, we should have a Pika hit list and whoever beats a certain pika with Falco, that player should get payed $5 or more by other Falco's what do you guys think?
No.

I had a dream I went to Genesis 2.
Long story short: I didn't have enough money (needed $32.50 - had $25), I borrowed some from my friend, then by the time I got back to the desk they said it already started. In the room behind them was Atomsk and ADHD playing Diddy Kong Racing.

I remember every detail of the dream lol. It was absolutely ****ing insane trippin.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
Does sound crazy at first but hell, this does sound fun?? Srsly though I don't know how the payout would work but I love the idea.

As for falco in doubles, I think that the reason people don't think he works as well is that he can't operate with the same strategies as he does in singles. For most characters, you just need to do your thing whilst being aware of your team mate and your other opponent.. but with falco it gets more complicated.

Lasers are mostly a bad thing. This is the largest mental barrier, but it's about time people stopped thinking about lasers as being falco's best asset - especially in teams. He's a high-tier character without them being central to every single strategy. Falco's jab has already been mentioned, and his IAP for interrupting opponents' combos; camping is a very bad idea in doubles unless your team mate is small and you can time lasers to affect only the opposition. It should also be mentioned that his vertical air game compliments almost every single ground-based or horizontal air-based character (his jump speed and height seem almost designed to bait airdodges and punish those that are missed).

His weaknesses - mostly in terms of finishing and being ironically cg'd - are what you would look for in terms of a partner. There are a few who compliment falco well for these reasons; however I feel that in team-play it is more important as to the player you are teaming with rather than the character. If they insist upon using a ridiculously tall character, well, I guess you're just going to have to fight your laser instincts or choose another character. Preferably the former, frankly, since it constitutes manning-up (in the context).

Also, the bakery is far too classic to be changed to anything less than epic imo

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah bringing that raisin bread. That's the bread I carry around on my belt when I go to certain tournaments.

Vlade

Social Outcast
On the topic of bread, I'd like to hear ideas for good subs to get at subway, I have a couple I get all the time but I'd like to do some experimenting since having the same thing every time can get boring.

My favourite is Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki with Old English cheese, not toasted, lettuce, cucumber, olives, pickles and sweet onion sauce. I really like it but I'd like to try other peoples' favourites next time I have subway.

:starman:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Jimmy Johns is too good but they may not have them down in Australia where Vlade is at that and Quiznos. Vlade, have you ever tried to breakfast food at Subway? It makes me cry of awesomeness.

swordsaint

Smash Master
subway i don't think has breakfast food down here, I've never seen it anyway.

Australia doesn't hae a lot of what america does.

does like small sizes at fast foods are like our normal/large

and your large are like a million times bigger

@ vlade - My subway is pretty average, chicken fillet, white bread, toasted with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and carrot, ranch dressing.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Chicken Teriyaki, Italian Herbs & Cheese bread, american cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and sweet onion. Simple enough?

Also, I need to learn to stop being so impatient with Falco >_> My impatience costs me matches, unfortunately. You guys will see what I mean when the sets get uploaded from the tournament yesterday.

Choice

Smash Champion
italian herbs and cheese, oven roasted chicken breast, your choice of cheese, vegetables = everything, southwest chipotle or whatever its called.

Top Bottom