• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

M@v

Subarashii!
So I say at Apex we do that Falco pic like pound 4 was supposed to. It will be an awesome pic because I will be in it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Dang theres gonna be so many falcos at VC.

dehf
sk92
keitaro
bleachigo
kid
bloodcross

and probably more
Who said SK was coming to Viridian???

Also Zen please come to Viridian. I want the placings to be like this:

1st: DEHF
2nd: Keitaro
3rd: Zen

:p

But really you gotta make it. I want NJ to see this Falco.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
...I'm making a new account. I'm going to be "The Legendary" (I'll honestly do this next month)

I'm not going to VC7 because of ladyfriend johns.

Edit:

...and I hate not being able to go to tourneys all the time so I'd figure I would just stop going. I'm not making any money, unless NJ started paying out top 8 or something (then I'd have something to work for), so I'm wasting a lot of money coming to these. At the rate that I go to tourneys I don't think I'll ever get known for being good. I might go to Apex 2, but by then I'll just be another random.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Because tournaments are definitely not for fun and practice. They are the real deal. It's do or die. Kind of like war. Thanks Bush!

@Keitaro you wish a Falco is gonna get first. blah blah blah MK MK blah blah MK blah

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol, that was disturbing.

@ Bleach: It's understandable if you can't make much tournies anymore but is it really killing your funds at 1 tourney a month? Also it'll suck if you can't make it to Viridian cause alot of Falcos are gonna be migrating there that day. Imma hurt this so-called lady friend.

@ Blood: Don't worry :D As long as someone takes out ADHD (NinjaLink) I think Falco may have this.

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
Who said SK was coming to Viridian???

Also Zen please come to Viridian. I want the placings to be like this:

1st: DEHF
2nd: Keitaro
3rd: Zen

:p

But really you gotta make it. I want NJ to see this Falco.
I really wish I could Keit. As long as my parents exist im forever bound to the atmosphere of local Yonkers. I lied to them about Gaunt last time.

Besides, NJ has seen my Falco 3 stock Shadow and make him ragequit. It was back in Poly but it was still legendary LMAO

its up to DEHF and you my dood

Orion*

Smash Researcher
...and I hate not being able to go to tourneys all the time so I'd figure I would just stop going. I'm not making any money, unless NJ started paying out top 8 or something (then I'd have something to work for), so I'm wasting a lot of money coming to these. At the rate that I go to tourneys I don't think I'll ever get known for being good. I might go to Apex 2, but by then I'll just be another random.
99% of this community fails at making me money. we just play for our own reasons, regardless of if that reason is you think the game is fun, or you have friends, you like challenges ect, whatever.
if your only reasons to play was to make money you practically doomed yourself from the start. get a job

i want you to come to stuff, and i think your fine offline (on swf i almost debate blocking you, rofl), but if moneys your only reason i understand why you wouldnt want to keep going to tournaments

Denzi

Smash Master
Alright guys, I've got a tourney on Saturday and some advice would be helpful. I just spent a few hours with a friend learning the Diddy match-up, and I know how to fight Marth/Pika, so I'm only really worried about MK (ICs aren't a problem for me).

Any hints/tips/general strategies?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
99% of this community fails at making me money. we just play for our own reasons, regardless of if that reason is you think the game is fun, or you have friends, you like challenges ect, whatever.
if your only reasons to play was to make money you practically doomed yourself from the start. get a job

i want you to come to stuff, and i think your fine offline (on swf i almost debate blocking you, rofl), but if moneys your only reason i understand why you wouldnt want to keep going to tournaments
Money would just help me come to tourneys. I play for the fun of it all and to prove I'm actually good at this game. The people are godly too.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Alright guys, I've got a tourney on Saturday and some advice would be helpful. I just spent a few hours with a friend learning the Diddy match-up, and I know how to fight Marth/Pika, so I'm only really worried about MK (ICs aren't a problem for me).

Any hints/tips/general strategies?
It's probably too late, but don't short hop too close to metaknight. He's got way too many ways to punish a short hop happy falco. Stay grounded when you're up close and use ftilt, grab and jab. If he fairs your shield at killing %, usmash OoS

BSP

Smash Legend
I know falco has two things to beat the nado, laser and reflector. I might not be using lasers enough vs. MK.

I was watching TP4 yestarday and heard about Falco having two jabs to grab on MK, is this true?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Money would just help me come to tourneys. I play for the fun of it all and to prove I'm actually good at this game. The people are godly too.
i thought it was your parents and not $ that was stopping you :dizzy:

at least thats what happened when i was talking to you at dooms (lonnnng time ago). maybe try and get a job at your school or get some odd jobs? we need our NJ falcos to step it up :]

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Good luck at VC to all who are going.

I'm heading off to VG Bootcamp in Indianapolis next weekend, should be fun :)

I just won $50 for 1st place at a small tournament at a local college. There were like 20 or 25 people--a lot of newbies but some people who showed promise--hopefully I can addict them further to the Smash drug, bwahahahahahaa. Fun times with some cool people though :)

I'd post it in the tournament results thread but there was no thread here for it >_< haha, oh well.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Nice work MetalMusicMan, I won my first tourney last week too :) Was nice walking away with $90 extra in my pocket at the end of the day (came second in doubles too)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
i thought it was your parents and not $ that was stopping you :dizzy:

at least thats what happened when i was talking to you at dooms (lonnnng time ago). maybe try and get a job at your school or get some odd jobs? we need our NJ falcos to step it up :]
Oh yeah that too, I just forgot about them since they've been out for vacation for the last week.

I'm trying to see if I can land a job at a Walmart, it'd be weird though because that place is mad weird or something. I need to get working papers first, I keep "forgetting" though.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I recently got a part time job at a cafe and am now saving up for my first out of state tourney :D
Noice! I try to go OOS at least once every 2 months. It's super fun, and will be a good way to burn your money, haha.

I've placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at other larger local tournaments last year that have results, but the one I just won is just nice because it pays for my VG Bootcamp trip, hahaha.

Top Bottom