• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

Ghostype

Smash Champion
UMBC - freakachoo I think

DOSV - I've basically all but dropped Peach (unless it's teams), I'll edit the list though for everyone else

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
i say that yall have a very very epic match for the title and thqat you just dont give that $hit up

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
UMBC - freakachoo I think
I found him.

Me to Eddie Chen at UMBC: "By the way, would you happen to be or know a player at UMBC who goes under the name freakachoo? I heard about him at the last smashfest on Wilkens Avenue."

Eddie's reply: "haha yeah man that's rob he's 2nd best on campus with pikachu. You should play this guy Steve who goes here and used to be number seven in the world... he's sick with luigi and all the upper chars."

He also said: "I've gone to the tourneys at Otakon and at Nod3 in Ellicott City, Nod3 is good enough for me cuz Azen and Chillin come by and kick my and everyone elses *****...haha...I don't really go on smashboards anymore but my name is 4lB47RO55 or something like that."

I'm going to play Eddie and the rest of them tomorrow afternoon. Apparently there are some players I have yet to play here at UMBC. :)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yawn, I'm in BF? Huh. I guess I can be down with that. Oh and Aberdeen's Finest vs. BR in a crew match! Yeah... >_>

Either way I want to play everyone in BF and BR. So yeah, everyone come to the 25th smashfest. ^_^

Oh and if you want you can throw GW into my secondaries.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yes, yes it is. ^_^

By the way, Jasona I sorta just volunteered you for a crew match.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
lol Ichor watch yourself. Undr plays gay ICs and Peach (if you make him).

UMBC - freakachoo needs to come with you to Catonsville. I need to play his Pikachu again........ And this Steve fella.

DOSV - Why quit Ness?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's the other way around. I play first as Young Link or Peach. Depending on how good I think you are. If you are really good, I might use IC. If not, I'll stick with Young Link or even Game&Watch. ^_^ And if you're Samus, I might pick Samus up out of pure temptation.

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
Capt. Falcon > Ness, Marth > Ness, Fox > Ness
I'm also qutting Falco too. I just wanted to limit the amount of characters I use to 6. Ness and Falco just didn't make the cut. So now it's like this

Main: Samus
Secondaries: Pikachu, Pichu
working on: Capt. Falcon, Marth, Fox

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
Good look bowserTree. I ll look out for that but you have seen the skills that i have and they have improved so ill be fine. I want some really good comp.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
UMBC - freakachoo needs to come with you to Catonsville. I need to play his Pikachu again........ And this Steve fella.
There are several strong players: Eddie, Fred, another dude I played, prolly some others I don't know yet (like Rob), and Steve. I played with three of them today for two hours; Eddie and Fred are good enough to 3 stock me (doesn't say much, lol) with their main characters (fox, sheik and falco). Darned shine... :p Anyway, I won a couple singles and 4 man melees when they were just messing around, but when serious they are some tough players. They laid some mad combos on me. They play on M/W/F from 3:30pm till dinner. I mentioned your fests to them today, but I'll tell them they're invited on Wednesday and try my best to convince them to come join in on the fun.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Capt. Falcon > Ness, Marth > Ness, Fox > Ness
I'm also qutting Falco too. I just wanted to limit the amount of characters I use to 6. Ness and Falco just didn't make the cut. So now it's like this

Main: Samus
Secondaries: Pikachu, Pichu
working on: Capt. Falcon, Marth, Fox
Good call. And I only remember one match with his Pikachu, I two stocked it with Peach. HIS Peach ***** my Falcon though (this is all at the last Nod3).

Undr - You played Young Link in almost all our matches. ;_;

UMBC - See if they'll come to Catonsville.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Man I can't wait to come up to one of these.

Let's get some mms set up *insert location here*'s Finest.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ranma: umm... >_> But I didn't go G&W on you... Yeah... >_< Actually man I only did that because I wanted some practice. That's all. ^_^

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Undr - lol I'm gonna practice my Pikachu or something next time you practice Young Link on me.

Redd - We've already got a MM going for whenever we play, let's handle that first. >_>

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
OK. so to ask boewser tree how was his Y.Link compared to mine sir. I want to know if he is good or not cause i might be able to learn or teach in either case.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well, I just started playing as Young Link a few days before his fest... So your's is more the likely much better then mine.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Cool, my biggest issue at this point is just knowing how many frames of lag he has between certain moves. I often ruin combos due to this. I need to grab Jasona's old controller which is 100x better then my best. >_< Once I get use to that we'll practice against one another. ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
>_> Why? Is that bad? (Listens to Hova because he's probably the best I played agianst at Ranma's.)

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
lmao @ undr taking advice from ichor
What's wrong with that? >_>

Not to put him out there, but he's probably one of the best Y. Link players you'll probably get to play, just because Y. Link isn't an often played character. Though, that's just my opinion, a really annoying guy to fight. <_<

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Caveman was really fun to fight. He owned my IC at GS:2. I wish I had known more about Young Link when that fight occured though, it would've been much more interesting.

But yeah, I'm sure that at least when it comes to Young Link, he'll be able to teach me alot.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Y.L. imo is too difficult to kill with, and too light, but I don't like him more because of the first reason. Weight can be dealt with by not gettnig hit, but if you can't kill, it makes things difficult. Anyway, nice job on the front page, listing everyone and their mains. Cool stuff.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Caveman was really fun to fight. He owned my IC at GS:2. I wish I had known more about Young Link when that fight occured though, it would've been much more interesting.

But yeah, I'm sure that at least when it comes to Young Link, he'll be able to teach me alot.
I'd like to see Caveman and Ichor go at it in a Y. Link ditto, I think it would be pretty entertaining to watch.

Caveman's Y. Link is really good though, I just didn't like his combo video, or rather the music for it. xD

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Look, if Ichor is a Caveman lvl Young Link... No one else would get a turn to fight him. lol

hova

Smash Champion
no offense but u really can't compare ichor to caveman. seriously who the *** is ichor??

unless ya'll (BRK) were 3 and 4 stocking everybody at the last fest, i wouldn't even bother mentioning ur crewmates alongside some of the best players out there.

i'm the worst player in my crew, but my boys chin and kaiser would probably 3 stock everyone at appletree's fest pretty consistently (including me)

so until you play some good players it would be cool if u didn't speculate about a match up between ichor and caveman being 'entertaining' because in my mind it would be straight ****.

oh yeah, and i think KM's ylink has ***** me the hardest thus far. or maybe wife's

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
The reason I say it would be entertaining is because I'd like to see how Ichor would handle the situation. That's why, I wasn't saying that to say "Oh, he'd **** Caveman" but simply saying "I would like seeing how he would handle that fight."

Ichor is a really good Y. Link player in my opinion. He adjust really well and learns fast, I didn't compare him to Caveman, simply stated that it would be an interesting match to watch for me. I'm not all about "Oh he's dead even" or however you took it, I simply want to see that fight to see how he would handle that fight.

He however was 3 stocking people, some of the ones he played anyway in 1 on 1s. Except like DOSV and Frozenchaos I believe.

I don't think he got to fight BT or Korn though, I'm not sure.

No clue why you sorta flipped man, I just stated something that I'd like to see. He'd probably learn alot about pacing himself a little better. My fox and Zeros' falco often beat him in 1 on 1 matches the majority of the time. He is still working on some things however.

Only person there I four stocked was BT, Marth (Me) vs BT(C. Falcon). Then he turned around and beat me the next match by yelling "Hova", where I asked "He's here?" turned around to look for you (knowing I didn't know what you looked like, but looking for a new face in the rooom) where he kneed me in the FACE ftw.

Then he laughed at me and said "I got you!".. I was like "... wow... that sucked."
Then we did friendlies where we were both messin around and havin fun. I didn't get to friendly anyone else besides DOSV Fox vs Samus (fun match, and my first time playing a samus player in a LONG time, and his Fox vs my Falco at the end of a free for all he jumped in with Me, Zeros and Ichor, where we had two stocks each and I took both of his without loosing mine (but that doesn't count, I want a fox ditto with the DOSV-MAN).

Also, Undr, what do you mean "No one else would get a chance to fight him"
Personally, anyone from BRK wouldn't care to much to fight him, would like (If at all possible) to be placed at opposite sides of the tournament bracket so that we don't HAVE to fight each other.

(It sucked because we had to eliminate each other during the smashfest we went to in Catonsville)

Yet I'll let you guys determine for yourselves, I'm not trying to get you angry or aggitate Hova, just stating what I have observed and what I'd like to see.

hova

Smash Champion
haha, dude i didn't flip

i was just responding to u saying ichor would probably be the best y link player i get to play.
u have to admit that's a pretty arrogant statement

and seeing as i've played a ****load of really good smashers (FC + md/va) that's saying quite a lot. so i just assumed that u thought ichor was up on that lvl since you proclaimed that he'll be the best y link i've ever played.

my fault, i shouldn't have assumed that, but u really shouldn't be making statements like that either.

it seems like there's been a flood of new smashers on the boards and they all claim to be amazing, it's really annoying and such.

but u KC are by far my favorite new guy in that flood of noobs, but ur boys are a different story

# pound #

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Caveman and Ichor go at it in a Y. Link ditto, I think it would be pretty entertaining to watch.
no offense but u really can't compare ichor to caveman. seriously who the *** is ichor??

unless ya'll (BRK) were 3 and 4 stocking everybody at the last fest, i wouldn't even bother mentioning ur crewmates alongside some of the best players out there.

so until you play some good players it would be cool if u didn't speculate about a match up between ichor and caveman being 'entertaining' because in my mind it would be straight ****.
The reason I say it would be entertaining is because I'd like to see how Ichor would handle the situation. That's why, I wasn't saying that to say "Oh, he'd **** Caveman" but simply saying "I would like seeing how he would handle that fight."

Ichor is a really good Y. Link player in my opinion. He adjust really well and learns fast, I didn't compare him to Caveman, simply stated that it would be an interesting match to watch for me. I'm not all about "Oh he's dead even" or however you took it, I simply want to see that fight to see how he would handle that fight.

He however was 3 stocking people, some of the ones he played anyway in 1 on 1s. Except like DOSV and Frozenchaos I believe.

I don't think he got to fight BT or Korn though, I'm not sure.

No clue why you sorta flipped man, I just stated something that I'd like to see. He'd probably learn alot about pacing himself a little better. My fox and Zeros' falco often beat him in 1 on 1 matches the majority of the time. He is still working on some things however.

Only person there I four stocked was BT, Marth (Me) vs BT(C. Falcon). Then he turned around and beat me the next match by yelling "Hova", where I asked "He's here?" turned around to look for you (knowing I didn't know what you looked like, but looking for a new face in the rooom) where he kneed me in the FACE ftw.

Then he laughed at me and said "I got you!".. I was like "... wow... that sucked."
Then we did friendlies where we were both messin around and havin fun. I didn't get to friendly anyone else besides DOSV Fox vs Samus (fun match, and my first time playing a samus player in a LONG time, and his Fox vs my Falco at the end of a free for all he jumped in with Me, Zeros and Ichor, where we had two stocks each and I took both of his without loosing mine (but that doesn't count, I want a fox ditto with the DOSV-MAN).

Also, Undr, what do you mean "No one else would get a chance to fight him"
Personally, anyone from BRK wouldn't care to much to fight him, would like (If at all possible) to be placed at opposite sides of the tournament bracket so that we don't HAVE to fight each other.

(It sucked because we had to eliminate each other during the smashfest we went to in Catonsville)

Yet I'll let you guys determine for yourselves, I'm not trying to get you angry or aggitate Hova, just stating what I have observed and what I'd like to see.
haha, dude i didn't flip

i was just responding to u saying ichor would probably be the best y link player i get to play.
u have to admit that's a pretty arrogant statement

and seeing as i've played a ****load of really good smashers (FC + md/va) that's saying quite a lot. so i just assumed that u thought ichor was up on that lvl since you proclaimed that he'll be the best y link i've ever played.

my fault, i shouldn't have assumed that, but u really shouldn't be making statements like that either.

it seems like there's been a flood of new smashers on the boards and they all claim to be amazing, it's really annoying and such.

but u KC are by far my favorite new guy in that flood of noobs, but ur boys are a different story

# pound #
Ok im ....wow i really dont know where to start on this one....
Aight hova if i ever insulted you now would be the time to say sorry to that
and i am no longer going to talk about my skill openly ill show if im good or not
Thanks for the Defense Jet

Flex(Black Rain Krew)

Top Bottom