• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
it seems like there's been a flood of new smashers on the boards and they all claim to be amazing, it's really annoying and such.

but u KC are by far my favorite new guy in that flood of noobs, but ur boys are a different story

# pound #
Define new plz? New as in started less than 3 years ago, or new as in started less than 1 month ago? :D

I don't claim to be awesome and I am the epitome of newb. I know I suck, but I'm working my best to suck less. I won't start talking smack for at least 6 months, though it's fun talking smack to Jasona :). Until then, I'm just playing the best players I can find and getting owned.

I did notice a few wannabe newbs in the melee forum claiming they'll go to the next tourney and mop up. Yeah, right... the only way to get great is to get humbled again and again, and desire to get better... and practice... and get owned. The more humble, the greater.

Bowsertree, I played Freakachoo's pikachu today in the game room at UMBC. I felt like it was time to boost my confidence, so I went for some games. Wow, I went from getting 2 stocked by this guy's samus a couple weeks ago to 2 stocking him. I used to think he was untouchable... roflmao. Jasona has taught me better.

On another note, earlier today I played with those guys Eddie, Fred, and another person I hadn't played. I went from getting 4 stocked by Fred's fox to just 2 stocked. C-stick all teh way :p I can't wait to get destroyed again on Friday. I think right now I need to work on DI, spacing, timing attacks, sweet spots, getting back to the ledge without going over, using my neutral a air attack correctly, and maybe if I learn all of that... spiking. Each time I try to spike now I fall down to my doom. I also need to learn to beat Peach. Well, there's a lot left to learn, heh...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sigh, I'm just going to play Ichor and hope it turns out to be an awesomely fun match for the both of us.

Hova did I fight you with my Young Link? I can't remember. >_<

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
Sigh, I'm just going to play Ichor and hope it turns out to be an awesomely fun match for the both of us.

Hova did I fight you with my Young Link? I can't remember. >_<
Thanks man i hope that the matches are also good

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
Ichor spiked me like 7 times with Y. Links d-air and we only played once during the crew battle and one friendly afterwards. So yeah he's the best Y. Link I've played but I haven't really been to any tournies/fests outside of MD.

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
Man that was a fun *** Fest. So to come up there on the 25 and have more fun with more ppl.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I don't know, I like his Pichu. You don't really see a lot of dedicated Pokemon these days, I think D went Pichu and Pikachu almost the entire Catonsville fest and was still busting some ***.

hova

Smash Champion
if he had played with samus or other 'good' characters he could've improved his overall game.

i mean if dos wants to just have fun and enjoys playing pichu then that's cool, but if he's interested in taking his game to the next level, then focusing on pichu is a waste of time

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Judging by this fest, DOSV is better than me for sure now. In our tournament set, he one stocked my Falcon with his Samus. Then I beat him with Sheik, then I believe he proceeded to two stock that same Sheik. We did some friendlies too, and he beasted on my Captain Falcon with his Pikachu.

Frozen's getting better, he almost went even with me at Nod3. And Nikk is just a monster. I'm gonna keep Fox dittoing him until he like four stocks me.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm not counting anything but 1v1s obviously. And are you saying any match without your Sheik doesn't count? Even though Falcon is one of your secondaries?.......That's gay. You should try your hardest every match.

Don't argue though, just play me in a best of nine at the next fest.

hova

Smash Champion
apple tree shouldn't judge anything off of friendlies and frzn shouldn't get upset when he is judged off of friendlies.

y is everyone so concerned about who is better than who. i mean being the best in bmore's finest really isn't saying much and that's not where you should set your sights.

if you're better, just be better and keep going; you guys seem to talk about who won what set at what fest and what characters you can beat whoever with. if you really start getting good other people will start talking for you and you won't have to say a thing.

but if u like things easy and being a big fish in a small pond makes you happy then ignore this and by all means aim to be the best smasher in your crew. but if you actually want to be able to walk into a tourney or fest and know, i mean just ***** flat out know that you're better than the large majority, you should just try to get each other better and set your goals a little higher.

back when i said i could two stock all of you, this is what i was really trying to say, i was just drunk and that's all i could get out.

being better than player a, b, and c doesn't mean **** if the rest of the alphabet owns ur ***, well at least in my eyes. so yeah try to get better, try to be the best in your crew, but when u are don't talk about it, just move on to the next level and try to take out the next smasher that's a little better than you are. and don't try to convince anyone of how good u are with words, just make a mental note of who doubts your skill and wipe the floor with em.

i really hope ya'll end up getting better, who wants to smash???

p.s. you shouldn't try ur hardest (to win) in every match, that's scrub ****. if you're playing a lot of friendlies you should be trying out new **** and combos, working on things and trying to get em nailed down. after u figure out what works move on to something else. but you should also try to put everything together and play to win sometimes, just not all the time or even most of the time

Ghostype

Smash Champion
apple tree shouldn't judge anything off of friendlies and frzn shouldn't get upset when he is judged off of friendlies.

y is everyone so concerned about who is better than who. i mean being the best in bmore's finest really isn't saying much and that's not where you should set your sights.

if you're better, just be better and keep going; you guys seem to talk about who won what set at what fest and what characters you can beat whoever with. if you really start getting good other people will start talking for you and you won't have to say a thing.

but if u like things easy and being a big fish in a small pond makes you happy then ignore this and by all means aim to be the best smasher in your crew. but if you actually want to be able to walk into a tourney or fest and know, i mean just ***** flat out know that you're better than the large majority, you should just try to get each other better and set your goals a little higher.

back when i said i could two stock all of you, this is what i was really trying to say, i was just drunk and that's all i could get out.

being better than player a, b, and c doesn't mean **** if the rest of the alphabet owns ur ***, well at least in my eyes. so yeah try to get better, try to be the best in your crew, but when u are don't talk about it, just move on to the next level and try to take out the next smasher that's a little better than you are. and don't try to convince anyone of how good u are with words, just make a mental note of who doubts your skill and wipe the floor with em.

i really hope ya'll end up getting better, who wants to smash???

p.s. you shouldn't try ur hardest (to win) in every match, that's scrub ****. if you're playing a lot of friendlies you should be trying out new **** and combos, working on things and trying to get em nailed down. after u figure out what works move on to something else. but you should also try to put everything together and play to win sometimes, just not all the time or even most of the time
I don't mean any harm by commenting on my matches with people, riling people up is a good way to make them want to **** you next time you play, and that makes you improve as well. But I see what you mean, which is why I've been trying not to say anything about anyone in like my past two-hundred or so posts. Let my efforts speak for themselves.

And I have a hard time not trying to play my best in any match. Unless we have a written contract that says the other person fully realizes it's not a serious match, so they won't hold it over me like so many people have done. Everybody does it at some point (I have plenty), and I hate it. I guess I'll designate special fuxing around characters though, so people know when I am.

Frozen

Smash Lord
Hova- Good tips there (loving the metaphors). I'll work on that.

Bowsertree- I didn't realize I had to sign a contract to show i was doing a friendly...I thought spamming taunts and falcon punches might be enough =X ...yeah best out of 9 will be fun.

<3

Ghostype

Smash Champion
If there's no written contract, I'm obligated to smash you with my Bawls, Frozen. I even take Pichu dittos seriously. :lick:

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
wow that was some random maddness right there man i want to see the both of you again in a math of nothing but d- smashin.......ha what about that right there sirs?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Use Peach and Doc, it doesn't matter. Cmart showed me that Luigi clearly has one of the most amazing downsmashes in history. So I'll use him. $5

Ghostype

Smash Champion
The Epic Cmart said it himself, it's ****in Luigi man. And his legs are longer than her dress, I'm also pretty certain the material in his pants is better; so he automatically wins.

cmart

Smash Lord
The Epic Cmart said it himself, it's ****in Luigi man. And his legs are longer than her dress, I'm also pretty certain the material in his pants is better; so he automatically wins.
If you want to see something disgusting, space luigi's ftilt into a dsmash at any point in the downsmash's animation. Luigi will never even trade with it, just go through it every time. That said Peach's downsmash is still way better than Luigi's anything-you can't beat a move that can pile on 40%+ in one go.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Chris - ...!! You killed me with his taunt in one match! How is that not more amazing than Peach's downsmash? Greatest wtfority in the game.

DOSV - Go for it, I keep forgetting to go back there. lol

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
there are 8 pages here and I haven't read one.

I read hova endorsing this

and to be the evil sidekick that I am

I do not support this thread. Ohh yeah

Added: My secondary is definately NOT falco. He's in training but he's not a secondary.

Top Bottom