• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs @ the TL/DK and ggs@ the Mario/Sonic/Lucas/Falcon i just left the room

i was Fox, DDD, Pikachu, Lucario, Lucas

that guy on TL and DK had a nice TL and DK

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
COMPLETELY curb stomped this teaming blue Peach and white Link while a neutral Lucas stood by and watched. Wish I could upload it. So satisfying.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
awesome sonic the last couple of days in TB, mostly in the afternoon/night. He's able to go 50/50 against most of the high tiers which is just insane but when items are off it's more like it should be lol

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Ah yeah I definitely hate when the items appear and they start to crutch the other players. I hate when they pick a character that has one of those Final Smashes you really can't afford them to use.

satan666

Smash Apprentice
Can someone please tell me why people on basic brawl like to camp, run away, do nothing but taunt, use items like an complete ******, and when someone actually wants to fight enters the room you and other people team up against them?

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
^taunt parties

There are a lot of people in there who would rather not fight at all, and would rather goof off and fool around either doing stage specific glitches and tricks and basically showing off, to juts...well...really just goofing off.
Then there are of course the players who they see tactics they feel are "unfair or cheap" being used on another player(ice climbers chaingrab for instance) and feel, that for using those said tactics the player performing em needs to be ganged up on by everyone and make the match an annoying frustrating headache(of course sometimes the player is good enought o handle 3 noobs against em).

Then of course..there is just the simple fact that the majority of players playign it are NOT competitive players in any sense of the word, and actually like the items on, hate the fact that FD is the only stage ever chosen anymore in basic brawl, and really aren't interested in facing a competitive player, or even just pseudo competitive player with no items and the same stages all the time. You gotta remember Satan that a lot of people playing this game are still non-competitive and casuals, the majority of em don't find playing ti competitively fun, but rather find having items in a frantic FFA fun.

I personally don't really care much, and even out of basic brawl i'll face many folks with any ruleset(even coin matches) only thing i want to make clear when i face someone like this, is to remember that items promote far more luck than skill, and that many stages have such gamebreaking designs and exploits(stuff like temple, warioware, mario bros arcade etc) that can be used, that they really don't promote much skill either.

As long as my opponent(s) realize this, and are just there to not get super serious with the fighting i'm fine playing with the rulesets.

satan666

Smash Apprentice
Taunt party are ********. Items aren't fun at all and neither is playing banned tourney stages. Just because someone is know some advanced plays doesn't mean you gangbang them.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
^You'll have to get used to it cuz they're never gonna leave. Fight them even if you lose, it's great training and you can watch them rage when you kill one.

on a different note, Did you guys hear about that School Shooting? Supposedly it's the worst school shooting in the history of US. Like wtf?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
^You'll have to get used to it cuz they're never gonna leave. Fight them even if you lose, it's great training and you can watch them rage when you kill one.

on a different note, Did you guys hear about that School Shooting? Supposedly it's the worst school shooting in the history of US. Like wtf?
Second worse. Virginia Tech was the worst. But yeah, it's really unfortunate.

R.I.P. to those innocents who died.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Neebee

Basic Brawl is great for training.

Get those 3v1 skills. Learn to play mad gay

U could suck like me :mad: twerk

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
gotta remember satan not everyone's definition of fun is the same as yours.

There are still infact many folks who find all those stages and crap loads of items on, fun. Like i said before, we competitive players do unfortunately make up the minority of the fanbase who plays smash bros.

The majority of em are still casuals and non-competitives who find any matches without items or crazy stages and FFA's dull and boring.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I can't train with items.
i have items off usually and toss away items when i get a spare moment, you should play TB and try helping a noob win been there and been held back by one but never really blamed my teamate as long as they tried

satan666

Smash Apprentice
i have items off usually and toss away items when i get a spare moment, you should play TB and try helping a noob win been there and been held back by one but never really blamed my teamate as long as they tried
I could end up waiting for a long time to connect with 4 players and sometimes they get disconnected when the match starts.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Today was rather fun despite all the rage I was having with myself. It all started with this Pikachu sending a Thunderjolt at me, which I perfect shielded. He sent another one shortly after and I shielded that one, which now I thought he wanted to fight. I can't remember exactly how we started frighting from that, but then the whole room went on me as I went Ganondorf. First match ended with all of us in SD, I won. following match I won.

Then the items came and my decision to use Snake. Now I believe that Snake is pretty good in 3v1's due to his strong moves, but today I was off my game with him. That and the sheer fact I could never get my moves to hit in time without getting attacked by someone else/an item hitting me. After getting me in SD at the 5th match or so, two of the people left and got replaced in the next round. The person who remained (was MK, now Sonic), got bodied by my Falcon. I'll have to look over my replays because I can barely remember anything after that, all I know is I made him rage quit once his buddies left.

One match I do remember, was during this room where I was messing with this player (used a bunch of characters). He never was able to get a win off me, and one match I was Kirby, him Wolf, with us on Yoshi's Island. I ended up 6 stocking him alone, over half of the kills was him trying to edge hog me, but then I Dair'd him and he failed to recover. I got a tasty F-Smash read on him as well.

I also remember doing a Luigi ditto with this guy. He left after only one match of us fighting, which I found odd. He must not have liked that my Luigi won the match.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
faced a vicious Peach/Yoshi yesterday in TB, and that same Lucas who likes to PKT himself back and forth across FD for most of the match, throwing in a decent edge/offstage move or two... but that Peach, man... none of us could beat 'em 1v1... close but that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. But yeah, I've never been undone quite like that, I know I have holes in my approaches that need tightening, but land sakes this Peach was like, nah it doesn't matter what you do, you'll still lose, and so I did.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Got hammered up the a** as Wario by a really pretentious-playing Marth, but then took a s*** on him as Kirby.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
I need assistance! Not sure if this should go here, but it's sorta related. I've been getting a "The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information." message for a while now, sorta randomly. It would usually pop up when I tried to start an offline Brawl. I would take it out and attempt to wash the disc, thinking it was the problem, and most times it would actually remedy it and the game worked for the rest of the day.

Now more recently, the error is still recurring, but is happening online. Offline's working fine actually. But I could only get a few Basic Brawl matches in before the game displays the error. And it's gotten even worse to the point where I can't even get one BB match going before the familiar tea green screen appears.

Note that I can boot up the game fine... I am able to get to the main menu. So I'm not sure what the problem is. I know Mario Kart Wii works for me fine, btw. Halp meee :urg:

:phone:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I need assistance! Not sure if this should go here, but it's sorta related. I've been getting a "The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information." message for a while now, sorta randomly. It would usually pop up when I tried to start an offline Brawl. I would take it out and attempt to wash the disc, thinking it was the problem, and most times it would actually remedy it and the game worked for the rest of the day.

Now more recently, the error is still recurring, but is happening online. Offline's working fine actually. But I could only get a few Basic Brawl matches in before the game displays the error. And it's gotten even worse to the point where I can't even get one BB match going before the familiar tea green screen appears.

Note that I can boot up the game fine... I am able to get to the main menu. So I'm not sure what the problem is. I know Mario Kart Wii works for me fine, btw. Halp meee :urg:

:phone:
You're probably going to have to send your Wii in for repairs, or get a disc-cleaning set. I had the same problem not too long ago, where the Wii wasn't reading the Brawl disc properly, but every other disc just fine. It's probably because your Wii's disc-reading laser got dirty and can no longer read dual-layered disk games (which Brawl is one of them). That's the best I can give.

I just ended up downloading a Brawl ISO and played it off a USB loader (with a SD card) in the end, to avoid the problem again entirely.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I love finishing matches with a successful Falcon Punch. It's so rewarding to hit someone in the last few seconds with it, get a kill, and end up winning from it. Of course it's rewarding enough to get a kill from it at any time (except for the "Falcons" who just spam the damn thing.)

and in the past few matches I've done, when one person in the room went Falcon, the next match there would be a total of 3 Falcons. Mine would end up winning and usually the guy that originally went Falcon would stay Falcon. He'd lose again, and either him or I would leave the room. I remember this one time I made the entire room go Falcon. First it was me, next match someone else went Falcon, 2 matches later there were 3 Falcons, then everybody was Falcon. At that point we were mainly taunting, but eventually we fought and many manly moves were shown.

Man I love Falcon...

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
just made a blue kirby/luigi/fox/ice climber/ pkmn trainer player rage quit.....many many times :troll:

there was both an afk samus, and an afk sonic.....

soooo i picked ice climbers the first few times....and the other player who wasn't afk was at the mercy of my CGs(i find the timing on kirby to be the easiest....which really sucked for him :troll: ) and after he d/c'd about 5 times against My ice climbers, i went DDD instead...and started getting shadow mosis island a lot :troll:

I know it was the same player every time because his attack pattern was always the same, annnnnd he always went with the same color characters. Not to mention he went into a blind rage and immediately went after me at the start of each match.

the final match on yoshi's island, he rage quit and D/C'd the whole group as opposed to just leaving normally since he knew it was clear he'd keep getting matched up with me.

was it mean? yes.
was it Cruel? yes

Was it funny as hell? hell yes.

I'm sure karma is gonna pay me back in spades in the next few days though...so i won't be surprised if i run into daisy's IC again in basic brawl :( or some MK who seriously knows what the heck he's doing.

but till then i'm gonnna be loling about how mad i made the guy...especially the one match when he went IC out of rage to beat mine, we got temple that match and after i killed his nana I proceeded to ice block lock him against a wall :troll:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs @ the Link, Kirby, Marth in my room yesterday. I was the Fox/Pikachu player. Had some mad sick combos with the kirby in this room

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Fought a Marth the other day and ****ed his **** up with my Falcon. After a few matches and beatdowns, in the middle of the match we were in, he starts doing the whole "forgiving crouch" thing. I just looked at him for a second and then resumed knocking him out. He kept doing that next match, but I'm one to hold grudges, have revenge, and never let up on someone until they leave the room. At the end of the match, the Wario in the room killed me as Wario Man with his bike, making us go into SD. He tried to run me over, failed, then went for the ledge. I gave him the 2nd Claw swipe of Wolf's D-smash.

Only the claw knows...

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Lucas should've used his neutral aerial when he was close. Though I had a hunch Ike was going to be KO'ed instantly at the start of that sudden death. Gotta love those fast up tilts though. XD

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Damn Dark, those were some incredible team combos at the end of that Pika match.

That Pika D-Smash to Kirbys F-Throw while you were doing B-air looked mad sexy. Then that Pika F-smash to Hammer was a great finisher.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
its always funny when somoene picks ike thinking he's op'd.

I can't tell you how many times i've slaughtered ike's and made em rage quit in basic brawl when i picked marth..

they often were just up against some noobs, who didn't know how to handle ike's slow but powerful smashes and suddenly thought they were unstoppable in previous matches, then run into me and lose like 4-5 stocks without so much as even getting me to kill %

they can't seem to handle it and d/c out of rage :troll:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
If you look close during that video with the lucas player,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYFRDPUZUmE&t=1m23s

The Lucas did a dtilt>almost full Nair> Utilt combo that killed me, i was very impressed by that

Oh btw about this Lucas, in a few matches after this one. We all fought in Temple, Lucas + Samus vs Falco + Fox. In the last 20 seconds, that Lucas double KO'ed us both from inside the cave of immortality. Again, super impressive, i put down my controller and clapped and everyone taunted :) I forget how he killed me, I remember Lucas gimped Falco, and used a move on me that made me hit the ceiling of the cave [ like this /\ ] and then i jettisoned downward into the blast zone unable to DI.

Lucas should've used his neutral aerial when he was close. Though I had a hunch Ike was going to be KO'ed instantly at the start of that sudden death. Gotta love those fast up tilts though. XD
If you looked at Lucas in SD he was using Z-air. Hes really a good TL player, but he rarely used TL in the matches. He was still thinking like he was on TL while he was in SD with me. Yea he should of used Nair in SD, but he was using it amazingly in the match itself.

That dude was also playing; TL, PT, but mostly Lucas.

Damn Dark, those were some incredible team combos at the end of that Pika match.

That Pika D-Smash to Kirbys F-Throw while you were doing B-air looked mad sexy. Then that Pika F-smash to Hammer was a great finisher.
I had some...really strange synch with that kirby. He was a noob for sure but its hard to say whether or not he was really doing all that to troll or if he was actually smart and just getting a feel for kirby. We had a couple more matches where we got some more sexy combos off, but that sweet combo right there i LOLed irl at pretty hard.

More matches with Marth, Link, Kirby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvr4wO4saOU&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Yq4C8L1Z8&feature=youtu.be

Need to rip some of my matches off my boyfriends sd card, theres more one there, one has a pretty epic SD ending i forget which

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I like Lucas' that know the down tilt lock to forward smash.

You'd definitely enjoy the JP side for TB. The one time I actually have no complaints about it. The team work is lovely there. Especially they instantly know to smash attack when you grab and not pummel them. I couldn't get players to figure that out for anything back in NTSC. Well I'll be back in NTSC for vacation soon so I'm sure I'll see plenty of nooblish stuff and Temple. XD

Top Bottom