• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Lounge 500$ Bonus Pot Melee&Brawl Major Florida Tournament 8/28 - 8/30

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
OFFICIAL SITE

I am going to change the first page to better explain the tournament.

20$ For all 3 days you only pay once as long as you have your band that we are giving out your good.

You do not have to even look at the other anime convention next door.

There are 2 tournaments happening for the same game Friday is considered Pool A which means that the top 4 players of the tournament advance, saturday would be pool B which is a fresh new tournament where the loosers of Pool A on friday can pay 10$ again on saturday to try again at the tournament after the top 4 is decided the 4 from pool A and 4 from pool B will compete for the cash prize.

Those 8 will be shuffled and randomly selected to compete for the top 3.

The pot distribution will be announced tommorow on grounds during the starting of the tournament, however it will be 100% back.

Any other questions?

Street Fighter 4 – 1,000$
SSBBrawl – 500$
SSBMelee – 500$
Blaze Blue – No Bonus just pot
GGXX – No Bonus Just pot
(Some more tournaments will most likely be run on the side if you have any suggestions just let us know we are actively listening.)

Tournament FEE -
20$ Venue fee
10$ Singles
10$ per person for doubles

The location and housing for the hotel is the Hyatt Regency foods and drinks will be supported on site and the rates are pretty good check out the site http://www.thebattlelounge.com/ the rates and everything are up on the main tournament site.

Hyatt Regency Miami
400 South East Second Avenue
Miami, Florida, USA 33131-2197
Tel: +1 305 358 1234 Fax: +1 305 358 0529

Well down to the information that everybody wants to know, rule sets these rules are subject to change based on the responses I receive from your posts.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (singles and doubles)

The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR). For version 2.0 discussion took place between January and March. While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

TOs must move stages from the starter/counterpick into either the starter or counterpick categories and must move stages from counterpick/banned into either the counterpick or banned categories.

Stages in the Starter/Counter and Counter/Banned list did not receive 2/3 majority, indicating no consensus could be reached on the stage.

The SBR Recommended rule list uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. There must be an odd number of starter stages. There are up to 8 stages available for stages striking under the SBR stage list (4 in starter, 4 in starter/counter). We recommend as a TO that you decide on the ideal number of stages to use for striking at your tournaments (3, 5, 7).

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria (moved from C)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone (moved from C)
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit (moved from C/B)
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett (moved from C/B)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld (moved from C/B)
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

Street Fighter IV
Game Version: US XBOX 360
Game Settings: Versus Mode, 2/3 Rounds, Round Timer at 99 Seconds

Blaz Blue
Game Version: US Playstation 3
Game Settings: Versus Mode, 2/3 Rounds 2/3 Games Double Elimination

Any questions please call me or my promoters at any time we will get back to you.

(Main Line)
Noobie Games
305-403-0634

Swen McCoy
954-240-0503
I do prefer text messadges

I will be answering questions and updating this post frequently until the day of the event thank you.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I posted it in the other thread... Just ask any ATL South mods... (Not really sure who they are.)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
it's the same **** thread.... only this time now the change is official...
True, but since the thread was remade, the first post is too... So it's easier to understand what's going on without looking through multiple pages.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I obviously didn't care too look hard enough at the date cause I have school starting on the 25th soooo.

Why not thanksgiving break???

Gives a bunch of time to hype it up and all

Just saying, if it turns out that this date has a big turnout then best of luck

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am very sorry but our hands where forced or else we would not have been able too produce our cash promise at the other venue for that weekend :(. It was completely out of our control and we are trying our best to accommodate. Next time we will have our dates more edged in stone thank you.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
If someone can help bring some wii's that would be awesome they would be properly labeled and I will offer something for the troubles.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Well **** we don't have enough hype for this

although 20$ to juss get in the place seems a bit pricey lol...
That's because they are hosting the tournament during an anime convention. Nothing they can do about the door fee.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Our tournament is considered separate from the anime convention as far as fees go you will not have to pay extra to come to the tournament however to join the convention on the opposite side of the building you will probably have to pay them there fee.

Im not completely sure so I will find out by tonight what there fees are.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
im still kinda confused. so like if u win in ur pool on friday u gotta come again on sat? and like if u come on both days u gotta pay 20 dollars twice?
Pool A is Friday which is the initial pool and Pool B is saturday winner of pool A and B will = to the final round that gives players 2 chances to compete if you come on friday and loose you can pay to enter Pool B top winner of pool A will not be allowed to compete in pool B btw.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Whoa sup, Swen? long time...

Really doubt I'll make this, though... Miami is a bit far for me.

Top Bottom