• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Tower: WiFi Tourney -tourney started! next round deadline: 9/17

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'll join, but if the bracket fills up and someone else wants to get in REALLY badly, I'll give up my spot. Because my wifi's really unpredictable and can be super laggy.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
~automatic
Tag: Changes regularly and depending on the character.
FC: 2020 2299 0963

Lemon Chiffon ACTIVATE!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Speaking of stages, do some stages lag more than others?

I've only done wifi liek a couple of times so I wouldn't really know.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Speaking of stages, do some stages lag more than others?
Dunno, but I imagine stages like F-Zero and lolSpear Pillar probably lag more than others because of all the **** going on. I doubt it's a problem over a decent connection, though.

I think it's more about button inputs. I swear I lag more when I pick Pika instead of Zelda. x.x

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yeah, I got all that taken care of. x.x

Is there anything I'm missing? Also you don't have worry about taking someone's spot. 16 isn't the limit, it's just the amount of people I wanna get before I want to start this tourney.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You might want to take out the "players from other boards are welcome to join" part. You don't have to kick anyone out of the tourney or anything, but you can't really advertise this as a tournament that's open to everyone..... otherwise, it would have to go in the Online Tournament forum.

If it's here, it has to at least look like it's for Pika players only.

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
Dunno, but I imagine stages like F-Zero and lolSpear Pillar probably lag more than others because of all the **** going on. I doubt it's a problem over a decent connection, though.

I think it's more about button inputs. I swear I lag more when I pick Pika instead of Zelda. x.x
Ha, sure feels like it doesnt it. I get that feeling when I switch between Pikachu and Peach

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Alrighty, we got 16 people! I'm gonna wait another day or two to see if anyone else wants to join then I'll make the bracket.

edit: Terios, did you wanna join or were you just posting your info?

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
Argh. Drug my feet too long on this.

I'd still be interested if there's a way to get me in (if you're willing to suffer my craptastic play), but I'm fairly sure that everyone here's way out of my league, so it may not be worth the trouble.

Also, on the OTL, typically it's explicitly mentioned if it's double (which I'm assuming this is) or single elimination because it helps people schedule appropriately (as all matches are usually not done in one shot).

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It's gonna be double elimination. I'm gonna maybe make the bracket this Saturday. When the tournament starts, I'm gonna post the matches for round 1 and I'll give you guys about a week to get them finished then we move on to the next round. So this is gonna take a while to finish.

If I decide to do another tourney, would you guys like to do something different and fun like low tiers or Pika only?

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
If I decide to do another tourney, would you guys like to do something different and fun like low tiers or Pika only?
Three reasons:
  • Pika dittos are legit (I believe that's how the saying goes?). Especially if someone else who doesn't like pokémon is within earshot of the match.
  • Justifies it being here and not being in the OTL.
  • Most importantly: we can settle the goggles/bandanna debate once and for all (i.e. the two minutes following the grand finals)!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I wouldn't want to do a Pika only tourney, but y'all have fun with that. x.o

Low tiers would be cool if we have enough people for it. Especially since I already use one on wifi. =D

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Low tiers it is then. :D

What does everyone think about doubles? I sorta want to do that too.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Doubles is fun but really annoying to organize.

I think we should focus on getting this tournament done, tho, before we discuss future ones..... last two tournaments run by Pikas/HV didn't even finish, lol. If that happens with this one, I'll be a little upset. ;;

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I remember the HV tourney. I forgot why it never finished. :(

But don't worry, I promise this tourney will finish.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'll play! After all, what's more fun than losing spectacularly in the first round? (With my luck, I'll draw Anther in the first round or something...)

Also up for any friendlies... (Need to get back into brawl shape, haven't played for a while...)

Tag: Nick
FC: 3867-3764-7301
AIM: Nicholas1024
Number of stocks expected to lose by: In a 3-stock match... 4. :p

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You should be more like the guy above you.
Why, so I can be dissapointed when I get stomped in the first round? :p

To be honest, I'll be happy if I win a round. I haven't played in a long time thanks to a couple factors...

a): Lack of competition (aside from Wifi)
b): The Xbox 360 I got for Christmas...

If I had been practicing, I'd be more ambitious, but I haven't played brawl seriously for about 6 months.

(I know optimism works man. I just enjoy making fun of myself once in a while. Then again, it is hard to convey sarcasm/jokes over the internet...)

Top Bottom