• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BBR: A failed experiment (or: why you should not join the BBR)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Normally I do not post about these things but I felt the need to do so. Whether or not this will affect the future of our community but I wanted to get this out there.

The MBR/BBR and all backrooms need to be removed. While a lot of things that they are doing are great we need to not worry about flaming and just work on these projects in the open. In regards to SRK they do this without any issues. I understand that some people in this community are children and immature but we have to have MODS handle that as opposed to separating ourselves from the community. Everyone should be able to work on a project for matchups and such. Yes some of it will be nonsense but in reality someone that is not in the BBR/MBR might have knowledge that could help develop these matchup charts or stage discussions.

Beyond this we need to grow up as a community and really focus upon growing. Looking to other communities and looking for acceptance will NOT happen without us understanding how to do things for ourselves. We rely so much on the same people that we forget that we can do things ourselves.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
You guys have no idea how much fun the BBR is. It's absolutely the funnest (yes, that should be a word) forum on SWF. I've had so much fun in there.

It's also a great source for information. Good players share useful facts. Get your *** in there, it's cool (until you get kicked out by a noob >.>).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
IMO, the BBR should be a read-only forum for non-BBR members. If p[eople fear that too many BBR-related public threads are being made in other forums, then a subforum dedicated to those threads can be made within the BBR, like how the Debate Hall and Proving Grounds work. No one should be scared of having anyone ridicule their opinion. You post outside the BBR and they troll you for your opinion no matter where you post or what you post. If you're thinking that the majority will dislike your opinion because it sounds too farfetched, it probably is. *looks at a certain someone who probably doesn't realize it's him*

I myself don't care if anyone sees my posts. I know many other people think the same way. Those who would prefer keeping things private should hurry up and change their minds so the community can progress at an equal pace, rather than BBR first, community later.

Buuut, the BBR is not a failed experiment. It's a forum full of very smart players who dedicate their time to Brawl, some top players and others not. It's the best place to discuss things Smash-related without having to worry about trolls being stupid, which is why some BBR members only post in there, to avoid the stupidity of certain members who love to piss others off. We're not selfish, or elitistic.

Just throwing that out there.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Honestly, Kewkky. It is a failed experiment. It has helped out top players, while MARGINALIZING THE MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY. How is that not fail? Unless it wasnt created for aiding the community.

I do concur with BBR being a read-only forum. That would be perfect and shouldve been done awhile ago. Do you know how many people would just be content with that? Which is why it bothers a lot of people. How long does it take BBR to realize straight denying access to smart info in this game is bad?

It just seems terrible that this logical conclusion that you came to right now has been floating around as an idea for awhile and no one cared

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Honestly, Kewkky. It is a failed experiment. It has helped out top players, while MARGINALIZING THE MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY. How is that not fail? Unless it wasnt created for aiding the community.
Well, the BBR is open for anyone to join. As a forum full of some of the smartest posters around (the rest haven't applied because they don't want to or because they haven't had the time to do so. I'm positive that there's smart people who lurk more than they post), we have set some standards to avoid inviting trolls disguised as smart posters into the forum. I can honestly say that there's no trolling in there at all, and if there is, it's because the moment made it apparent that it was just joking around.

I mean, look at this thread's name. Why would you NOT want to join a secret forum full of smart players discussing stuff? Isn't that the best way to improve? Saying "Don't join the BBR! It's a failed experiment!" is like they're telling you to not improve using whatever means you can, and instead improve by yourself and get out of your plateau by yourself. In the BBR, you have access to conversations between the smarter top players which could definitely help you out a lot.

But, like I said, making it read-only with a subforum for public discussions about BBR stuff would be THE ideal move to make, and have been made a long time ago. And like I said in the BBR a couple of times before, I've been of the same mindset ever since I joined it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Iono how much help GIMR gets if any from Smash Lab, but aside from that Smash Lab hasnt really dont anything worth a damn.
Except... the Smash Lab usually does do research on that sort of stuff, and Yika got back to San about the chaingrab part. No question really goes ignored. Though saying it hasn't done anything worth a damn is really inaccurate since we're about to release MK frame data and terminologies (plus starting on several others), released a crouch canceling video with a followup soon, and even GIMR's recent DI video had some things about SDI we were talking about back in the Smash Lab itself.

Though this is about the BBR and not the Smash Lab so I'll stop here. If you have questions PM me.

Top Bottom