• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best in the Galaxy: Samurai Goroh for SSB4 - Confirmed for Assist Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love me some Goroh. It's crazy how he's seemed to fall to the wayside once this site got busier. I feel like him and older Toad fans are one in the same. These people may also dislike Krystal for how Star Fox ended up, ect. Older gamers, I would say. Goroh is kind of.. not around anymore, and I mean, I think it shows.

To think there was a time when the majority of the users here actually saw him as a shoe in... then again that was like four years ago and there were a dedicated 30 or so users.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
If it is, then Samurai Goroh better be playable! :D but first I need to See Cap.Falcon Return ~

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support.
SSBF's description made me consider Goroh a little bit more. I'm considering him.
He doesn't have any true drawbacks, so that's good.

As for the knight, I don't think that he is replacing Goroh. The knight would probably be slower and have slower sword swings. Not to mention he may be a part of Zelda's moveset.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Oh shoot, I completely forgot this guy existed 'till now ._.'
Anyways, I support Goroh. F-Zero needs a new rep and he seems to be the most likely choice at this point. He also seems like a character that can be very unique and not just a C. Falcon clone like some other characters I know *glances at Black Shadow*.

Also, the guy was hilarious in F-Zero GX so that's always a plus in my book.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
The image of Goroh is from Brawl's Dojo site,coincidence?

If its not a move for Zelda it might by be a replacement AT for Goroh. You know because he would be playable.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
In that case it could even be a self harming attack for Fox :)

Speaking of Fox... Funny that he appears in BOTH of the Pictures?!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There is no proof yet whether it is or isn't.
It's not like we see a lot of items used in the pictures showing off the character's moves. Zelda uses that suit of armor specifically in PH. It's pretty safe to assume she's using it as an attack. We've seen Bowser and Pit get move changes. Bowser was changed cuzz he sucks, and Zelda is pretty bad herself. Look at the way she is moving with the suit of armor.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I thought Zelda was a pretty decent character especially when you combined with Sheik. I would start as Sheik using the speed and rapid attacks to rack up damage and then turn into Zelda to finish off with her powerful attacks. Also if I was taking a lot of damage I could turn back to Sheik and use hit and run techniques. The phantom would destroy that play style.

And they way she's moving with the suit of armor is the same way she's moving in this picture. It looks more like her grapple to me.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yeah Sakurai likes to make interesting funny pictures. So it may look like she's comanding the Phantom but I think that's just Sakurai being funny.

All I can say is that I'd love Goroh to be in but there's such a small chance. Maybe I'm just more pessimistic after Starfy got decomfirmed.

D

Deleted member

Considering the huge blades that Phantoms use (Phantom Zelda is no exception), there is literally no chance that the Phantom is a replacement of Goroh AT-wise.
It could still be an AT (though it's very doubtful), but it won't be anything like Goroh.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Yeah I think that hoping the phantom is replacing Goroh is really giving your hopes up. I'm not doubting the chances of it being an assist, or the chances of Goroh not being an assist, but thinking that the phantom and Goroh are connected is a bit desperate.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Goroh seems like a good choice for a heavy, but fast character. He does seem pretty hefty, but he hits quickly with his sword. Though he might not have good knockback. Someone that would be good for 2 on 2 fights. Being able to tank hits for the team and rack damage. While his teammate works on the killing blow.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I wonder if they should incorporate his speed to match his vehicle. Goroh's vehicle is known for its top speed but slow acceleration. So he would start off slow and move faster as long as he kept going in the same direction. Also some of his attacks could become more powerful when he's moving faster. You know F=ma sort of thing.

D

Deleted member

That would make sense considering.....he's a pretty hefty guy. :troll:
Being hit with a tub of flub at high speed would hurt.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Samurai Goroh should be considered one of the most likely. F-Zero is classic and underrepped and now that series have Diddy, Falco, Wolf, Luigi, and Meta Knight, it is completely unfair for F-Zero not to have Captain Falcon's rival as he is incredibly important and relevant to the franchise as much as Falco and more than Wolf.

After actually giving it some consideration for once, I fail to see why he's not likely.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I came here to show my Support for Samurai Goroh. F-Zero needs another Rep. and seeing Goroh as the most likely, I think he would be awesome!!!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Count me in as Goroh supporter too. I just freaking love his design and music theme.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, time to close up shop here. Sorry, my fellow Goroh supporters. Maybe he's...not the best in the galaxy, after all.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Aww... I got really down seeing Goroh not playable... but I got happy when I found out Ridley was Disconfirmed.. it just made me happy.

My mood swings very much.. sry...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aww... I got really down seeing Goroh not playable... but I got happy when I found out Ridley was Disconfirmed.. it just made me happy.
Don't. That's all I'm going to say.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I like Ridley... But I lost my second most wanted character.. But I'm happy both are included in the game :D

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Take solace in knowing that Goroh means that Falcon will return. We will Falcon Punch in your honor.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
This is probably the deconfirmation I was most upset by. I may have never found Goroh incredibly likely, but he was still one of my most wanted newcomers, and has always had a spot on my prediction/wish roster, so it's a real shame to see him as only an AT again. Oh well, at least there's still hope for the other unconfirmed assist trophies. Fingers crossed for Isaac and Ray.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Maybe Black Shadow will be another F-Zero rep. Kinda suck that Captain Falcon always has to fight alone.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I was not much of a supporter, I admit. But I've been looking all over, and I can't find Goroh as an assist trophy.

Link or image source?

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I was not much of a supporter, I admit. But I've been looking all over, and I can't find Goroh as an assist trophy.

Link or image source?
While Sakurai was demonstrating that the game will run at 60 fps, you see him used as an assist. (Sorry I can't provide a link right now, but you should be able to find it)

D

Deleted member

On the bright side, this semi-confirms Captain Falcon.
On the down side... we lost a potential F-Zero character. My condolences to the Samurai Goroh supporters. I hope that he will get justice in Smash Bros. someday.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
The first of my most wanted characters to be deconfirmed...he wasn't too high on the list, but it's still kind of sad.

I'm now sort of hoping for Black Shadow.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Another one bites the dust.
:(
Don't really like the idea of any other F-Zero newcomer, it was Captain Falcon and Goroh for me. No need for any other.

Too bad we won't get to play as you, best hunter in the galaxy. Perhaps another katana wielding character took your place... (Which is not Lyn either).

D

Deleted member

I am disappointed that Goroh has been disconfirmed, but at the same time, I very much expected it.
This affirms my belief that if we do get a newcomer, it will be B. Shadow.

Goroh would have been nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom