• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Move In Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Floating is the best move. Auto cancels everything, u can move anywere, etc. etc.
Or turnip/bomb pulling.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
Well the way I see it, you have to look at moves which make characters usable.

Without falco's shine, he would be far far worse than he currently is. Little or no ability to put together most combos without it.

While fox, although he would be far worse, would not be as damaged by the loss of his shine.

Jiggs can survive for sure without rest, although it's still a great move.

Sheik would have a rough time without d-throw, but i think with ftilt she'll still be able to pull off combos.

Jiggs would have a pretty rough time without bair. Fair and nair would not be able to pick up the slack i think.

Peach would be hurt quite a bit with the loss of the dsmash, not just because it's a great move, but also because not people will not be afraid to go close to peach. Peach still has other strong attacks though, and the dsmash only get's super powerful on fastfallers.

So overall

Falco shine or Jiggs bair
Peach dsmash
Fox Shine
Sheik dthrow

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
^^^

True, it's better then every aerial I've seen mentioned so far. Jiggs' B Air, Fox B Air, the sex kicks, F Air's better then them all.

Before you say Jiggs' B Air's better, F Air's range is near identical (though I think it's slightly LARGER), it covers more of his body (like the entire front 180 degrees) and comes out faster (frame 4). Edgeguards and combos very well.

Magus420

Smash Master
When talking about the moves themselves, no one should mention Jiggs' b-air before Zelda's. Comes out twice as fast (frame 5, which is the same time Marth's f-air hits in front of him), 1 less landing lag, same autocancel, IASA is 2 later but total duration is 4 less, range and disjointedness are about the same, crazy powerful, and even the flub hit does decent damage and would be good for combos on a more mobile character. Jiggs would be broke as **** with that move instead.

DTR

Smash Journeyman
even though the move itself is better frame/power wise, jiggs bair is better due to her air movement. its much harder to bait someone into a lightning kick then it is jiggs bair

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When talking about the moves themselves, no one should mention Jiggs' b-air before Zelda's. Comes out twice as fast (frame 5, which is the same time Marth's f-air hits in front of him), 1 less landing lag, same autocancel, IASA is 2 later but total duration is 4 less, range and disjointedness are about the same, crazy powerful, and even the flub hit does decent damage and would be good for combos on a more mobile character. Jiggs would be broke as **** with that move instead.
Rofl Jiggs with a lightning kick... His bair as strong as knees gg.. the Ganon/jiggs matchup would be like 70-30 for Jiggs with that, maybe even worse. I mean he would be able to shield pressure all day and trading with Ganon would also be a good idea lol.

The dude in your avatar is that Laharl eating a doll? lol.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
User was warned for this post
shine easily

if it hits a character off stage it has this odd amount of knock back that prevents any character from recovering if they have only their up-b. it hits them the exact length of a characters up-b plus just a little bit extra

it makes no sense. not even pika can recover if shined out of his up-b
except if you counter it with marth

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Why did you guys bring up a thread from 5 years ago? Inb4 mods come and say the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom