• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Move In Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I would put rest a little higher than shine...it's pretty much a kill from anywhere on the stage, shine at least requires some semblance of stage control to get the kill, right?

It's only gay when she uses it right after uthrowing a Fox/Falco/Falcon.
PLAY A JIGGS IN TEAMS BEFORE YOU SAY THIS

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Shine lol
unbreakable flatland combo, infinite in certain situations, can kill characters at zero from most points on the stage, sets up pretty much any combo for fox, has ultimate priority, comes out in 1 frame, can be jump canceled

oh yeah also it reflects projectiles

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
Either:
Rest/Reflector (are quick-*** moves that are amazing)
Knee/Falcon Punch (these don't need explanation)
Luigi's dtilt (just for lols):chuckle:

Animal

Smash Lord
hmm i like to think of it like this, if you swap shine with rest. Would fox or jiggz become better or worse from the trade? discuss

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Reverse Blazer. It's the answer to all your Jiggs problems!

NOT BEING SERIOUS

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
m2k why are you johning? marth and most of the cast can kill fox from a grab at 0% puff has to build up a whole 11%. If anything it sounds limited think about it a little.

up-throw rest is the easiest way to kill as puff right? and non rest ways of killing isn't uber fast or anything. it's also highly punishable even if they land the attack and it kills.

marth's/anyones chain throw can easily kill people if done right and isn't uber hard(compared to non chain throws) but it lacks the huge risk puff has if you mess up on marth's chain throw vs fox and he shines you at 20% you at least did 20% and are still in control and you don't lose a stock fail or not. vs puff you can at least di(I know there isn't an insane amount of time but no matter what you have 33 frames to react).

So if they di it increases the risk sooo much unlike anyone esle. also when the ice climbers chain throws became ******** people said don't get grabed and I know the ice climbers have as many set-ups for their grab as puff much for her rest. but the biggest change is the set-ups for grabs work on more people and wobbleing won't be punish.

I'm sorry m2k when I see you john or say puff is way to good etc. it makes me think of all the terrible noobs in brawl who say OMG ban metaknight.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
alright so M2K unofficially issued a challenge.

surviving a rest at 22% or higher is "impossible". even with perfect DI from the center of FD

I'd like to see someone prove Mr. I know everything about this game, have memorized every situation possible, and counter pick characters and stages in friendlies wrong

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Bowser ledge attack has a great angle, an enormous reach, and invincibility starting frame one.

Better than rest and shine :p

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

surviving a rest at 22% or higher is "impossible". even with perfect DI from the center of FD

I'd like to see someone prove Mr. I know everything about this game, have memorized every situation possible, and counter pick characters and stages in friendlies wrong
I'm getting a strong "YOU MAD" feeling coming over my body.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

null55

Smash Master
shine is gay. it gives you the ability to grab when you're not even facing the opponent's shield. i mean what the **** man. what. the. ****.

Fox is god**** broken.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This, with a special mention to Samus' up+b for how boring it can make games with her
Samus Up+B ain't got **** on Bowser Up+B. Bowser just sucks and gets no attention.

His Up+B, onstage, serves the exact same purpose only it can grab edges and setup edgecamping, launches for KOs at high percents, can combo because of the edge grab on some levels (Yoshi's mainly), and does 1% more (assuming no SDI or whatever). On hit Samus can be gayed randomly via wiggling out or ground techs. The edge grab properties on Bowser's also allow you to be safe even if they do block it.

It's worse as a recovery move, admittedly.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Samus needs Bowser's Up+B :laugh:
The boost ball instead of the screw attack would be legit.

Either that or the screw attack needs the properties it has in the Metroid games. By that I mean that it can destroy parts of the stage, be used 14 times in a row without landing, and kill all enemies, including shielded ones, in 1 hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom