• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Don't worry guys, I'm on it to victory! I've been training like no tomorrow. I'm thinking about how to beat these guys constantly and I think I've got good planning going on. =)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I don't think anyone outside of HBox, Armada, PP or Mango could win it. Maaaaybe Wobbles or Axe if they get nice brackets.

Or maybe Genesis 2 will be a repeat of last year! :D

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You might of been able to say that 2 years ago... but now the general skill level increased. Stop clinging in the past.
This. Everybody knows the future is where all the good clinging happens.

Cling in the future! Kage for president! :p

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
m2k would win money if he solely played melee.

he might best armada, but that'd still put him third lol.

maybe super m2k fox could put a dent in PP, but idk...

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
M2k plays players based on character match ups.

But i would like to see m2k's fox against pp's falco.

Also m2k's sheik vs Armada.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ik that, but if you saw what pp did to m2k's marth and sheik...they're not going very well for him. even pp is susceptible to a few well placed shines, so if he could find the right controller, it might be his best shot.

Bing

Smash Master
Im pretty sure PP's Falco would trash M2K's Fox.... Falco is a hard matchup for Fox, plus PP see's a lot of spacies, as does anyone. He knows the matchup, plus the fact that at this stage, he simply better, he'd win pretty handly, but he could prove me wrong, and I'd like to see him do so aswell

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Whats wrong with his Sheik?

i think his Fox would be the worst option, because PP knows how to deal with Fox and M2k just doesnt like the matchup...

maybe if he actually practiced solely for melee then his Marth might be a better option

crush

Smash Master
i dont see how from rom 3 to winter games fest mew2king suddenly couldnt come close to beating pp anymore. at rom 3 mew2king was doing really well vs pp then pp made a comeback and just BARELY won, then at wgf which was like a month later he got pee'd on

Beat!

Smash Master
I didn't like his Sheik at first either, but after a while you start to appreciate how precise and efficient it is.

L7Junkie

Smash Apprentice
i dont see how from rom 3 to winter games fest mew2king suddenly couldnt come close to beating pp anymore. at rom 3 mew2king was doing really well vs pp then pp made a comeback and just BARELY won, then at wgf which was like a month later pp wrecked him
I think he psyches himself out. Like, instead being like, "alright, ****, pp's good and has beat me a couple times in the past, I've gotta be on my a-game this set" he's just like, "damn it, pp always beats me..."

I think, I dunno. Not like I know the ***** personally, it's just that some players' mindset and emotional state are really evident in their playstyles. You can kinda tell when M2K is nervous or frustrated or whatever moreso than other players..

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Im pretty sure PP's Falco would trash M2K's Fox.... Falco is a hard matchup for Fox, plus PP see's a lot of spacies, as does anyone. He knows the matchup, plus the fact that at this stage, he simply better, he'd win pretty handly, but he could prove me wrong, and I'd like to see him do so aswell
M2k's fox is not your standard fox. sure, falco has an advantage against fox. But that doesn't mean anything when it comes down to tournaments (ppl vs ppl). M2K's fox (unlike other foxes) plays on point. I don't think m2k will use fox against falco. the last time i saw that was around 2008 vs Mango. It would be great to see his fox vs pp's falco, but I dont know if it will happen. We just have to wait and see. =D

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think he psyches himself out. Like, instead being like, "alright, ****, pp's good and has beat me a couple times in the past, I've gotta be on my a-game this set" he's just like, "damn it, pp always beats me..."

I think, I dunno. Not like I know the ***** personally, it's just that some players' mindset and emotional state are really evident in their playstyles. You can kinda tell when M2K is nervous or frustrated or whatever moreso than other players..
Also because PP increases his level tremendously after every tournament if you payed attention.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I have to say that it's a combination of both, M2k just psychs himself out sometimes, and a part it is probably the fact that Kevin just gets tons and tons better after every major

:phone:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
pp adapts to situations quickly. Unless m2k mixes up his approaches e.t.c., he will continue to lose confidence and doubt himself.

gghhh3

Smash Apprentice
M2K is like Batman, with the right resources he can't lose.
Batman with time to plan? Done.
M2K with confidence? Done.
But M2K has been Mr.Downypants for a long time now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Also because PP increases his level tremendously after every tournament if you payed attention.
It's more like I learn a ton about my opponents and matchups after I play someone good. When I was coming up people said(including me) I didn't know Falco dittos well. This was true, but then I played Mango a ton and now it's one of my most comfortable matchups.

Same with KK and then how I learned to fight Sheik and it helped me vs Amsah.

Don't get me wrong, I also get decently better overall, but game knowledge that pros/high level players know regarding matchups and all help(ed) me a ton.

=3

Tink

Smash Hero
ya bro, come to the MW some.....we are the only region that can shave some levels off your game and make you play worse by comparrison =D.

Top Bottom