• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I don't think anyone outside of HBox, Armada, PP or Mango could win it. Maaaaybe Wobbles or Axe if they get nice brackets.

Or maybe Genesis 2 will be a repeat of last year! :D
why would a axe need a good bracket? lol. easy bracket or not....at the end of the day his competition is the same. beat mango, pp, armada, m2k.

it would be weak if he got m2k, amsah, kk tope and like tec0 or something all going sheik lol...but at least he plays falco. otherwise he should be aight.

:phone:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
why would a axe need a good bracket? lol. easy bracket or not....at the end of the day his competition is the same. beat mango, pp, armada, m2k.

it would be weak if he got m2k, amsah, kk tope and like tec0 or something all going sheik lol...but at least he plays falco. otherwise he should be aight.

Axe doesn't stand a chance vs HBox and struggles with Armada. But if he's on the same side as say PP and Mango, he might get to avoid them completely. Armada never had to fight HBox at the first Genesis, and maybe HBox could have won back then.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
its almost insulting that you would completely ignore top players ability to adapt, its why they are on top. I see no reason why axe couldn't take out AR or hbox. I feel that mango and pp are still on the next level but nothing unattainable.

HomeStylePie

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna go through in order of who I think is the best/gonna win G2. Not quite the same thing, but close enough, especially since the PVP metagame evolves so fast (Azen & Chillin excluded).

Peepee is storming the scene right now, but that just means that every other pro is watching all of his videos to try and find the gaps in his armor. Everything a Falco needs to do well, Peepee does ridiculously well. At this point, his ability to win is becoming a matter of confidence in his ability to come up with **** on the fly. Especially against guys like Armada who just adapt ridiculously well to everything you do.

Mango's style is pure aggression. It scares the hell out of people who have reason to fear him, but players like Peepee and Armada are able to keep it methodical and not **** up their own ****. He just said he thinks his Fox is his best character; you have to be feeling it to play Fox really well but maybe it'll fit his aggressive style well enough that he can simply out-will his competition (maybe he should train with Dark lol). I think he's got a decent shot at winning G2 if he does that, so I'm tentatively putting him at #2.

Armada will win G2 if the other players don't improve their **** enough. Top 3 at the very least, Grand Finals if Mango doesn't get off. However, I honestly think now Hungrybox is more likely than anyone else to beat him in a given set.

Hungrybox is Hungrybox. I don't think Armada will be able to beat him with Young Link this time, but maybe he has something else up his sleeve. That said, I think Armada has a better chance of winning the whole thing, and is in general a slightly better player.

M2K needs to stop playing Brawl.[/no ****] Also, if I understand correctly Peepee trains a lot against him and there's not much he's gonna be surprised by. If M2K can beat Peepee on a given day, he'll wreck everyone else, which makes him a bit of a wild card.

Axe is in a kind of strange position. Obviously, he's one of the most talented guys ever to play the game. However, I don't think his Falco will ever make him a star, he needs to learn how to win the rest of his ****ty matchups with his Pikachu, seeing as how he's already done it with a few characters. Pika will definitely be higher on the next tier list- it's just a question of how much other players improve their ability to play him. Sort of like Armada in that respect.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I don't think anyone outside of HBox, Armada, PP or Mango could win it. Maaaaybe Wobbles or Axe if they get nice brackets.

Or maybe Genesis 2 will be a repeat of last year! :D
Axe doesn't really need a good bracket. All he needs is to is get sent to losers, then he'l play his heart out.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Dr. PP must be a saiyan cause he gets stronger after every battle.

Players who are gonna mess up results at Genesis 2 imo Axe Kage and Wobbles plus I think Silentwolf and Lucky could do well

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i think wobbles will get top 8 at least, if he goes.

that guy is so underrated lol. i just hope he doesnt get a lot of gay matchups later in the bracket, or someone doesnt pull out a pocket peach or falcon.
actually he ***** peaches ****.. so come out peaches!

also i hope hax places well. the way he plays falcon is amazing, i just hope its enough to overcome the way some people play sheik and fox.

and anyone who thinks pp is going to beat mango is a little crazy imo. i mean it could happen but, mango is really on another level, at least he was. pp will be the best one day but i doubt itll happen while mango still plays seriously

if it were up to me, ss would win

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839

that guy is so underrated lol. i just hope he doesnt get a lot of gay matchups later in the bracket, or someone doesnt pull out a pocket peach or falcon.
actually he ***** peaches ****.. so come out peaches!

also i hope hax places well. the way he plays falcon is amazing, i just hope its enough to overcome the way some people play sheik and fox.

and anyone who thinks pp is going to beat mango is a little crazy imo. i mean it could happen but, mango is really on another level, at least he was. pp will be the best one day but i doubt itll happen while mango still plays seriously

if it were up to me, ss would win
I agree. If Woobles gets gay matchups like ganon, he would have a problem.

t3h Icy

Smash Master

This, but Wobbles is really good vs Peach. He's beaten DoH countless times and MacD. Armada though...

Top Bottom