• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big Ike Guide By B4BC edit: CLEANED UP AGAIN A LITTLE

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
for ur 2nd Q no sadly they took it out u get the same results as a grounded side b, and u always go into free fall animation after an arial side b

anyother Qs

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
no it does not spike anymore sadly and u always go into free fall animation after it has been done in the air

EDIT: ignore this com problems

comboking

Smash Master
What

yea sure comboking it doesnt say there cant be 2 of em

thxs reo i still got combos and stuff to add did i screw the profile up, like is the history right?

goes to add in eruption
What do you mean 2 of what

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
you said something about that u want to teach ike to noobs too so i said

nobody said there cant be 2 guides......or thats what i meant to say

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yep......ill be the first to post... nvm im always first to post on a new thread, well unless i go somewhere....

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
UPDATE
edgegarding section will be up late tonight

evasive section will be started

and ill start researching character match up

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Hey roith, to answer your previously asked question to myself, yes.

I'll bet you have to go back and read to remember.

comboking

Smash Master
VI -TERMS OR VOCAB

jab= standard A move
ftilt= forward tilt or strong side A move
utilt=up tilt or upward strong A move
dtilt=down tilt or downward strong A move
fsmash=forward smash or side smash
usmash=up smash
dsmash=down smash
nair=neutral A arial
uair=up arial A
fair=forward arial A
bair=backwards arial A
dair=downward arial A
upb=up special
b=nuetral special
sideb=side special
downb=down special
fs=final smash

hey roith can i use this

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
aaaahhhh thx u now i dont want to keep going back and forth with "thx yous"...lol

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i havent seen it been used as an edgeguard, but yes it could be used as in edgeguard but once i c it being used as an EG ill add it....

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I think a neutral b use full if your oponent trying to horizontal, since hitting them vertically will simply place them into the air unless your intent is to KO with that move. Maybe if you can lead into it like an
U throw>Aehter(should be on the edge now)>neutral b, of course thats just a thought and a bit to risky, unless you can safely recover after one.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
can u plz tell me what i stole so i can credit u was it a vid....im very sry but could u plz tell me what i took

dmbrandon

Smash Master
can u plz tell me what i stole so i can credit u was it a vid....im very sry but could u plz tell me what i took
Jab faking, and hyphen smashing are Montage''s techs. For now, we still want credit where credit is due.

You took Noir's stuff too.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yes i put a link to ADi thread where ur orginal posts were quoted, or unless you would like me to indiviualy credit montage, ill happily do that, i didnt really steal it but i dont mind changing it

so would you like me to specificly credit montage in the AT section?

no need to be rude i kind of alreafy credited you.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Jab faking, and hyphen smashing are Montage''s techs. For now, we still want credit where credit is due.

You took Noir's stuff too.
I'm wondering how the creator of a technique is important information when guiding players on how to use it. IIRC I didn't need to know the name of the guy who started wavedashing to use it.

For the record, everyone and their mother "invented" these techs on their own, too. It's pretty impossible to own Brawl and NOT know about them.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
yes i put a link to ADi thread where ur orginal posts were quoted, or unless you would like me to indiviualy credit montage, ill happily do that, i didnt really steal it but i dont mind changing it

so would you like me to specificly credit montage in the AT section?

no need to be rude i kind of alreafy credited you.
I searched, and found nothing. If it's there, then thanks. We worked hard on this stuff, can't just have it all willy-nilly.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well since ur cool about ill add montage to the contributers section and after the adv tech section sound good?

Milos

Smash Lord
Hmm good guide. Ike's f.B is really easy to stop though, shorthop dair with almost any character will make it miss and open up a combo for them. Nair and Bairs are higher priority, and a lot harder to punish, though Bair's hitbox is also pretty bad. overall my favorite approach is the Nair, and the Fair and Bair are tied for second. Aether is beast too, one of his most underrated moves, it can link out of any vertical hitbox (utilt, uthrow, uair, dair when opponent is on the ground when you hit them) that's my favorite move of his, plus it's a really good ledgestall since it goes through the stage. Ike is insane man. he can also own all edgeguards against him with an aether because of the super armor.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
hhhhmmm thx u im going to edit my guide with this info i appreciate this

comboking

Smash Master
KIRK'S VIDZ OF EDUCATIONAL STUFF OF EVERYTHING

Complete Moveset (Close-up)
Movement Demonstration
Tricks/Techniques
Moveset Percentages/Ranges
Moveset Kill Percents

hey Roith can I use this

comboking

Smash Master
please

Movement Demonstration
Tricks/Techniques
Moveset Kill Percents

hey Kirk can I use this please

Kirk

Smash Champion

Movement Demonstration
Tricks/Techniques
Moveset Kill Percents

hey Kirk can I use this please
Lol

It's okay with me.

Just make sure to link back to my thread...and credit me of course :D

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Hey Roith. I know you've checked up on my Brawl Impressions. I've been improving my Ike.
AAA is the speediest move for Ike. It's great for chasing rolls and mid% will get caught in all three. Low% might escape the last one, but spot dodging the first or second will usually (if you delay a bit) allow you to slam with the third hit (the strongest).

Also, Up+B is a spike or meteor smash. I'm pretty sure it's a spike if I had to choose. Trust me. I know. I've being playing a lot online with Ike. The second to last hit of the Aether is a spike. You rarely get it because the last hit will push the opponent somewhat horizontal, cancelling the spike. But here's the kicker, the last hit doesn't land when done at an edge. In other words, for people edge guarded, if they try to escape it, you'll slam them down and before the last hit can land (cancelling the spike effect), Ike grabs the ledge. Spike kill. It's beautiful and everyone I've played gets hit by it at least once (until they learn to avoid it).

Also, to note, the counter (down+B) has a delay on it, longer than Marth's in Melee so that takes getting used to. You have to time your counters even earlier.

Some advanced techniques which I was trying to get Adi to add to his list, but he believes they're similar they don't count are the follow. Btw, the Hyphen Smash isn't a Jump Cancel since you can do it with C-Stick and without mapping Analog Stick up as Jump.

Reverse Jump Cancelled Hyphen Smash - This move HAS to be Jump Cancelled which means if you don't have jump mapped to Analog Stick up, this won't work. It's a trade off. Basically, dash, hit the other direction and do a Up Smash using the Analog Stick + A. Basically it's jump cancelled. This is great for Ike because his Up Smash has more range behind him than in front. Run to the edge, reverse, and up+smash. The range of the sword will exceed the horizontal grabbing range for characters meaning, if they have to come from below.

For Shield Cancel Grab, there's something I found out. If you run with Ike and let go of the analog stick (or press down, as long as you don't push left or right), Ike will skid on the floor for a bit. This is when you should a shield grab. You can do it in ONE frame. If you do not stop running before pressing shield, you'll have to wait about 5 frames after you put up your shield to grab, or you'll get the running grab.

There's also the Edge Hug but that's pretty tricky to do with Ike. I rather reverse backflip fastfall (RAR without attacking) onto the ledge. It's more reliable. You can also Aether past the edge and he'll snap to it, but I haven't tried to do with with somebody also trying to get the edge (something tells me you'll suicide).

I was thinking of making my own Ike guide but this is good enough. I Hope you can use these points and I'll be back later with more later. Maybe even videos. O_o

Top Bottom