• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
JPG is for keeping the file size small while losing quality. While PNG also tries to keep the file size small (larger than JPG though) but with virtually no quality lost in the image.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
JPG is for keeping the file size small while losing quality. While PNG also tries to keep the file size small (larger than JPG though) but with virtually no quality lost in the image.
Ok I get that but what is better GIf or JPG? and Why?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Ok I get that but what is better GIf or JPG? and Why?
It honestly depends on what you are using it for.

GIF has a limit of 256 unique colors however it loads faster and usually has a better quality than JPG images. Optimally used for animations and small graphics on web pages.

JPG compresses the file so it is small making it lose a ton of quality. If there are crisp lines, text, and shapes on the image JPG will distort them making it look terrible.

It honestly is just a matter of opinion and what the image is being used for.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
hey guys juan told me people actually were interested in smash this thursday. I can host then. I never check the boards though, so WTP/JTSM/Whoever would potentially drive, can you text me about it? I dont have either of your numbers since I got a new phone.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
It honestly depends on what you are using it for.

GIF has a limit of 256 unique colors however it loads faster and usually has a better quality than JPG images. Optimally used for animations and small graphics on web pages.

JPG compresses the file so it is small making it lose a ton of quality. If there are crisp lines, text, and shapes on the image JPG will distort them making it look terrible.

It honestly is just a matter of opinion and what the image is being used for.
fair enough.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Do stuff on the weekends, I'll possibly go.

Can't do anything during the week because of waking up at 5.30am for work johns.

D

Deleted member

can some1 pick me up/drop me off for marcofest tomorrow pls I give gas monies.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Early is better for me anyways kevin. So that works. I dont want it ending in the AMs. goddy im sure juan can pick you up and if not i can come get you.

i actaully think harms has a decent attendance record when it comes to smashfests ive hosted.

I only have one setup. Between juan and I, 1.5. So bring tvs peeps.

JTsm

Smash Master
I guess me, oblivion and stewy are coming. I'll leave around 4:30 - 5pm.

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
It appears i have an empty spot in my cp for sktar 2, i got ksev elliot and julain carrington lmk if u want in
YES PLEASE, let me check dates though.

Edit: Looks good for me, classes end on the 13th so that's plenty of time before my finals so I will be good to go.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
We have a spot open for anyone wanting to go to KTAR 7, it's currently DRDN, myself, and the international man of mystery Zinoto.

Top Bottom