• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
heh, those are a bit better. maybe it's the lighting.
haha, planet X t-shirt and pink bath robe ftw. old lady shopping for bath supplies ftl. what the heck is acro doin' back there?

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
Hey to all you smashers in SW Michigan, we should try and get a smashfest started within the next month, we should try and get more organized.

Anther

Smash Champion
Hays... we're going to be playing some Smash in Buell Hall in the Main lounge at Eastern Michigan today at about 5:30... yeah, that gives you a whole hour and 20 minutes to prepare and get over here... Probably a lot easier to make it if you're a student or something... cause parking is horrible on weekdays. But yeah, just in case someone on campus wants to come on over for a bit.
It'll probably only be like 2-3 of us there anyway, and depending on certain circumstances, we might have another fest this Saturday. I'll update on that Thursday night or Friday morning.

Doppleganger

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm an intense smasher that lives in Taylor, and I've been desperately seeking anyone that's any good.

Seriously, just let me know where to go and I'll probably turn up.

I've never faced anyone that can wavedash and whatnot, so I'm certain no one will be impressed when I say that I annihilate anyone that challenges me. But hey, I'm ready to see what I can do against serious people. I want to find out if I'm the smash god I claim myself to be.

Yes, I wavedash, shffl, all that good stuff. And quite well, despite it taking me forever to get down.

http://www.myspace.com/sanitys_edge

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
smashes at LTU are fun and we could use a few newcommers. Not happening today, but see my sig for usual time and location. looks like it's about 16 miles or so from taylor. If your interested, let me know.

Doppleganger

Smash Rookie
That I am. You could consider me navigationally ********, so I'll need a pinpointed location. Not directions or anything, just a bit of detail of where "precisely" you meet.

Looking forward to hearing a time.

RapE

Smash Ace
Dopple is going to get owned that is all

Also come to Michigan unite and M6 Turbo in Midland, MI too good

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
here's info on smashes at LTU.... don't know why my sig isn't showing up...
"Smash @:
21000 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield, MI 48075
Where: Northern Housing 1st Floor Lobby (possibly 3rd floor lobby as well)
To get in, simply knock or just wait for someone to exit or enter.
http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledki7.png
Time: 1PM - 4PM
Day: Wednesdays
(I will always post if it will occur on a given week before the monday of that week)
Bring a controller!"

Doppleganger

Smash Rookie
So was it today then?

In response to the person telling me I'm going to get owned, I wouldn't flame me immediately. I haven't played them, but I've seen the videos and I'm ready for what's to come; it won't catch me off guard. And I assure you that, at the very, very least, I will not be leaving the worst player.

Gamer tag - Mr. Kitty

Laugh until you're killed.

If I missed it today, I'll be there for sure next week. I'll keep an eye out.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
So was it today then?
Not happening today
I haven't played them, but I've seen the videos and I'm ready for what's to come
Who's "them" and what vids?
But yeah, it should be happenin' next week. I'll post on monday or tuesday if that's for sure.
Maybe vt7 and russ would like to step up to the plate for this one though. :O

and why the hell is my sig working now?? i don't get it

Team Dope and ****... classy
the one on the right is a hotty....
no, not ****, i mean the chick in the back.

RapE

Smash Ace
Yeah are twam was too good and the girl you speak of rash is Acros girlfriend lol....

Also when i say your gonna get owned its because rash was the only person ive met with skill without playing anyone good before hand till then your a scrub end of story we were all like you once and thought we were hot **** but no we werent trust me lol

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Don't mind them, Dopple. I say just come out, have a great time, and learn what you can. Maybe there might be smashfests near you sometime soon, too! Those are always fun. ^_^

Dopey

Smash Lord
shut the **** up with that **** mikey. hes gonna get owned, and love it. "i love chicken i love liver meow mix meow mix please de liv er" -Dr. Evil voice

haha jk, dont worry mangz, MI has some of the coolest smashers, youll get whooped at some smash, but ull def get better and have a fun time doin it =)

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
:p

I won't deny he probably will be, but ah well. It's something we've all come to accept as fact when you first start out and such. But fun is a must, darn it! ^_^

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Are any of you guys going to the Grand Rapids tourny this saturday?
It should be a fun time. There will be plenty of set-ups and plenty of room.
It's not too far from Lansing (maybe like 1 hour) and Midland (around 2 maybe?)
More details in the GR smash thread.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Yeah are twam was too good and the girl you speak of rash is Acros girlfriend lol....
Yea, and Acro's Girlfriend just happens to be my sister.

And to the new guy, Dopple, You will get owned, yes. Actually, you WILL come in last place. PS watching vids won't help you. I will whip your *** while I'm drunk, then fall out of my chair, get up, stumble upstairs, and drink MORE vodka, just like I did to AS money at M5 turbo. lol, right keith? The you will cry like a littl ***** because you suck at smash and you are just too late in the game to come anywhere close to catching up to any of us (even me, who doesn't even play the game anymore). Your mom will be so pissed that you suck so bad that she will disown you, and you will end up eating a can of beans next to a fire under a bridge, all because you got a little cocky about SSBM. Enjoy the competition, newb.

lol jk. But not actually. I'm such an ***! but it's ok. M6 Turbo will be fun, and everyone forgives eachother once they step foot in Midland!

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
u dont have to have been around for a lnog time to get good at smash, some people are just naturally better. but you do need the WILL and the FREE TIME to get good. if you dont have the isntincts though you just dont have em ;/ like me

Doppleganger

Smash Rookie
Well, to clarify, I've been playing smash brothers since it's release. It was what I bought the gamecube for. It's irrelevent, but I bought the original smash when it came out.

And it really doesn't matter that I only got into the advanced smash community about five months ago, because I've been playing and practicing it nonstop. I'm not going to say anymore, but you give me too little credit.

I'll just have to prove it when I turn up, I'm supposing. The crowd certainly sounds healthy, if anything. And do you guys play for money in your leisure time? I'm just wondering if I should turn up with a wallet.

Hopefully not on my first visit, I'd just like to adjust. But after that, I'm down.

RapE

Smash Ace
Ok well Dopple we have all been the same way and trust me with out experience against good people your done son except it

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
harsh crowd... gotta love it :)

Confidence is a plus. If he comes to LTU... odds are he won't get last if he puts that much time into it. No offense to russ or vt7, but they're still getting advanced techs down.

just make sure you show up and let your controller do the talking
less talk, more smash

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
son of a ***** ^
don't be giving away secrets like that

Also, when is MI unite?? I haven't been to an event in like a month. I'm having withdraws!!

Anther

Smash Champion
**** my bad!
Don't know what's wrong with me ;_;.

When is it?? it's posted right next to the topic's name! don't let the shakes start messing with your judgement.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Come up to midland and let him face my doctor mario - while I'm drunk off my ***, of course... One hand on a beer, the other hand on an airsoft gun.... thats right ***** I play with my feet.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Us midland guys are the only ones who could get away with posting three times in a row without anyone thinking about it too much.

James, I love you too man, especially when you have vodka.

All I can remember from M5 Turbo was sittin in the garage with you and trail, talking about "Tortillas"

""Holy household appliance!""

btw get a couple 50c peices. There is a place in Midland mall who does professional Laser Engravement. We got this son.

Valban

Smash Apprentice
Hey don't worry dopple, the first time i got on the boards The midland guys were saying how much i sucked before we even met. When i finally made it out there everyone beat me but by the end of the night i was beating everyone down except for Acro in smash. **** sucked than so obviosly after learning a few techniques i was beating him down. Now he uses jiggly puff which i don't know how the **** to play so he's better(im gonna get good against jiggly puff ******). Acro is the god of mewtwo so obviously he would beat me down. I've never played shibby, though he did quit, so he's prolly a dried up has been smasher who would lose to a yoshi!!! ya thats right, I said it. My yoshi even :O! I rock.

Top Bottom