• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
To Iris, Youko, and anyone else wondering about the recorded matches + commentaries, I'm uploading my first set at the moment and I'll work on getting the rest up by tomorrow.
Take your time, man. I'll be distributing the links of the Grand Finals matches to podcast fans through my blog, etc.

Sounds good! yea...still havent slept yet, and me and Lain only got like 3 hours of sleep the night of the tourny lmao!
How was work?? Much <3 for the ride - thanks again, man.

EDIT: I'm still LOLing at our parking garage shenanigans. WTF, Chicago.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Take your time, man. I'll be distributing the links of the Grand Finals matches to podcast fans through my blog, etc.

How was work?? Much <3 for the ride - thanks again, man.

EDIT: I'm still LOLing at our parking garage shenanigans. WTF, Chicago.

OMG GA PARKING WTF

By the way...what are you doing tonight...wannna help me do some textures to my wii? ill pick you up or something, i really wanna do it now lol

Oh and work was alright actually. I am wide awake.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We walk up to the parking garage and see a steel door drawn shut, blocking what should have been the exit. Past midnight. Begin freakout.

We then see a policeman. He says to enter this discrete door and take an elevator to the third floor, where we should be able to exit with our vehicle down a ramp.

As we find the car on the roof and then leave, we see someone else entering the facility driving up the ramp. We should be in the clear, right?

Sure enough, another steel door is blocking the exit down the ramp. We can't jump the car over the little median separating the entrance and exit ramps. What do we do?

We go down the open ENTRANCE ramp, have Lain get out of the car, lift the lever, which should have blocked us as far as possible, only to BARELY squeak out, leaving a white streak on the top of the car.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
So, any MI peeps not have a partner for the circuit. I'm looking for one. If you are interested hit me up. I'm not too excited about teams since I haven't had a solid partner from the start, but I'd rather not sit out. ;) Figured this was the best place to find one, since ya know, MI ***** face and all.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey guys, Kel successfully infiltrating the Japanese smash scene has made me *really* wanna get good at this game. You all were being nice when you said I was "good" but when you lose twice to Bowyer's DK and lain's Marth, you know you've got some room to improve (lol).

We need weekly smashfests and I need to play a lot more. Let's get this going.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I don't mean to insult anyone or anything, but Vayseth has got to rep MI in Japan. I wanna be top 10 MI level by the time I leave so when I go over there Japan is like "WTF".

Vayseth

Smash Master
Pikachu sucks and everyone knows that. Although if I learned ICs they would prolly quit the game faster, but I don't want to piss them off lol.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
For once, I'd like to improve in both Brawl and Melee, instead of just one or the other each tourney. At the moment, the two seem incompatible in terms of skill progression.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hey guys, Kel successfully infiltrating the Japanese smash scene has made me *really* wanna get good at this game. You all were being nice when you said I was "good" but when you lose twice to Bowyer's DK and lain's Marth, you know you've got some room to improve (lol).

We need weekly smashfests and I need to play a lot more. Let's get this going.
We have several weekly smashfests at my place. Like, people are over almost every day. They are pretty impromptu. So... yeah.

lain

Smash Master
I wouldn't call what Kel is doing "infiltrating" the smash scene. He's just beating noobs up. I don't know who or who good the japanese players are, but I'd imagine that they can't exactly be at US top level. They just aren't as with the current metagame as the US is.

uhmmm anyone hanging out some day???

Vayseth

Smash Master
lain, no offense but you don't know anything lol.

He has successfully figured out who the good players are, where tournaments are, and how they operate. I have confirmed this for myself or I wouldn't be talking about it. If you watched videos that he has posted, you'd see that he's not winning all of them and that they actually know what they are doing. Also, no one said they were better than the US, not even Kel. I don't know where you got that from. And if they are better, who cares? They're not coming to the US to play us or anything. This is only so I personally can continue smash at a competitive level when I get to Japan. I didn't think there was hope of that until Kel helped us all out by letting us know about their scene.

Panda: I can't make an impromptu trip to Ann Arbor lol. It's gotta be planned, kinda, lol.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Panda: I can't make an impromptu trip to Ann Arbor lol. It's gotta be planned, kinda, lol.
I'm with Vay on this. With about an hour of travel time, can't exactly stop by and hope some people have shown up. Give us poor non-AA people a call if something good is going on, please.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
woo i just finished 2 finals! i got 5 left in 3 days so im out by thurs so i might make it to AA sometime next week

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I'm with Vay on this. With about an hour of travel time, can't exactly stop by and hope some people have shown up. Give us poor non-AA people a call if something good is going on, please.
Usually panda will post mid day on this board if a smashfest is happening.

Oh, did you find your phone yet, Lain??

clowsui

Smash Legend
I wouldn't call what Kel is doing "infiltrating" the smash scene. He's just beating noobs up. I don't know who or who good the japanese players are, but I'd imagine that they can't exactly be at US top level. They just aren't as with the current metagame as the US is.

uhmmm anyone hanging out some day???
lmao lain always hating on kel

we'll see how he does at the nagoya tourney this month...if there is one. ppl from all over will travel to this if kel is right, so i guess however well he does is how we'll judge japan

kel is nowhere near the best in the midwest...though he's certainly not bad + he has the potential to go national? idk =P i don't wanna hate on kel because he's my own statesman but i have to admit i could only see him getting the same place ybm did at apex

IrisKong

Smash Lord
To Lain and Youko....

So I talked to that hobby shop owner just now about doing some smash tournys....He said he is up for it. we should talk and maybe do it you think?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Most Japanese tournaments are invite only (to enter). Kel, being the new guy and leaving soon, has to work his butt off to try and make it in.

clowsui

Smash Legend
nagoya already knows he's good so they'll invite him =P

he couldn't go to ketubato b/c he didn't get enough time to hype himself, he would've if they'd known his skill

Vayseth

Smash Master
The semantics doesn't matter lol. The fact that he's already gotten this deep into the community is sheer brilliance. It's really hard to tap into Japanese gaming communities and until he's actually at a tournament, I'll remain skeptical.

He'll get 5th tho, watch =P

F.E.A.R

Smash Rookie
I need a ride to this any avalible or got some space? i live in Detroit/West Bloomfield/Oak park.

if anything i could drive as well if i could get some ppl but idunno.

Top Bottom