• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i think those r the element types, and shiek has all of them. being ankokus main.

@Boxxy. Falco or go home!
I know what they are. If you don't play Magic you won't get the joke in my post.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
i'm pretty sure me earth and juggleguy at least are planning on going
I'm definitely driving to SMYM11 barring a giant snow storm. Even then, I'd probably go ahead since the highways are the first to get cleared. Just need gas and hotel monies from anyone coming (sadly, housing is unlikely thanks to Viperboy not being free that weekend) ... so far Mark, Gio, and Tec0 have all expressed interest.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Blue is the worst color in Standard but cards don't disappear from Vintage.

The color choices for each card (except for Sheik) is the color I select for them in-game. I will probably never start any game as Zelda, but that's what green gets for being green.

It's too small to really tell, but the rarities of the cards denote the levels I'd use them at, where Zero Suit Samus is common, Zelda and Peach are uncommon, Marth and Falco are rare, and Sheik is Mythic rare (I was considering Timeshifted pink, but decided against it).

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Time Walk & Ancestral Recall = ggs
you forgot.., black lotus, sack for 3 black, yawgmoths will, replay lotus, sack for 3 blue, replay time talk and ancestral recall...

yea...i play vintage so i know how it goes. to bad blue is useless in vintage now because they restricted all the fetch :(

i miss draw 7 tendrills...and when oath and control were viable...and fish...and...ok ill shut up

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Unless you're talking about some silly sideboard tech in some RWU Control decks, or the Polymorph deck (lol...), I think you are joking. There is no way anyone can build a whole deck around a single faux land destruction card in blue.

Iris: You forgot, Force of Will the Yawgmoth's Will. :p

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Unless you're talking about some silly sideboard tech in some RWU Control decks, or the Polymorph deck (lol...), I think you are joking. There is no way anyone can build a whole deck around a single faux land destruction card in blue.

Iris: You forgot, Force of Will the Yawgmoth's Will. :p
manna drained. :)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I want to start going to the gym regularly once I learn how to do my work on time. I'm still a week behind in lectures (~20 hours to go ;_;) so I ain't gym'ing it up till I'm caught up.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Blue is the worst color in Standard but cards don't disappear from Vintage.
Yes, but you see, Type Two Humps Men.

The color choices for each card (except for Sheik) is the color I select for them in-game. I will probably never start any game as Zelda, but that's what green gets for being green.
Ohhh ok. Now it makes sense.

Time Walk & Ancestral Recall = ggs
On their own? Not really.

:laugh:

@Ankoku: have you seen spreading seas control? I wish I was joking...
Isn't that like a blue Ponza deck basically? It's sad that something so generic and preventable as LD is a top tier strategy in Standard now. Although I did think that one World's deck with Time Warp, fog effects, and Jace was cute. If I played Type Two I'd probably go with that deck since if I'm goint to play a slow format I may as well play the slowest deck in that format.

you forgot.., black lotus, sack for 3 black, yawgmoths will, replay lotus, sack for 3 blue, replay time talk and ancestral recall...
That's the most broken play you could come up with after a Time Walk? Come on Iris...Here's a better one:

T1:
Underground Sea
Black Lotus
Ancestral Recall (hope to draw a black mana source - Dark/Cabal rit, Mox Jet, Lotus Petal, etc.)
Black mana source
Time Walk
Dark Ritual
Duress
Necropotence
Draw 10-13 cards with Necro depending on what deck you think your opponent is playing. You need at least 7 life if you're running Grim Tutor and more than that if you're running Ad Nauseam.

If not, hope for a good topdeck on your Time Walk turn, but really you should've taken their counter with Duress anyway so that when you untap you can play Necro and win on the turn after that.

yea...i play vintage so i know how it goes. to bad blue is useless in vintage now because they restricted all the fetch :(
WHAT?
RESTRICTED FETCH!?
HOW?!?
WHY!?!?
GGGGRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I don't believe this at all. Restricting any land besidea Academy and Library is way too much of a strech to believe. On top of that, every deck except Ichorid and Workshop are going to go back to having ****ty manabases and they'll have no real reasonable way to compete with the aforementioned decks since their mana issues will cause instability. This can't be happening.

Link?

i miss draw 7 tendrills...and when oath and control were viable...and fish...and...ok ill shut up
Oath and Control are viable now - Oath runs big dudes like Bogardan Hellkite and Control is alive in the form of Tezzeret, thought it technically has a combo finish of taking infinite turns. Fish is good but it runs good creatures now so you could make the argument that it isn't really Fish anymore. Draw7.dec was never my favorite combo deck but it was fun to play if you liked shuffling. It's been replaced by a lot of things, the two biggest ones being Ad Nauseam and "Drain Tendrils" which is just a bull**** new name for old style TPS.

Standard decks have really bad manabases right now, or they were around the time of Worlds, so the people who made those decks must not have taken into account the fact that metagames, you know, evolve.

Pact of Negation.
lol, only one deck ran that ****, and it wasnt even good
Meh, it's a decent alternative to Misdirection in any combo deck but the only deck it can reasonably replace FoW in is Ad Nauseam which can't lose 5 life when it's trying to combo off (5 life could easily be a Tendrils plus 2 other cards) or a similarly fast combo deck that either doesn't have enough blue to support it or can't pitch the blue cards it has to save its combo.

Mister Cadaver

Smash Apprentice
oath and control arent viable, ichorid is viable, lol

aaaannnyyy ways, what are people up to on thursday, plans fell through with the lady and im free all day..

(this is Iris)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I guess I'll provide a mini-update on Kai's current status.

Last episode = Vegeta dies to Freeza and cries in front of Goku. Hence the "Omni cries like a little girl" title.

This episode = Goku v Freeza. Goku figures out that Freeza can't detect Ki so he starting playing some underwater tricks.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I guess I'll provide a mini-update on Kai's current status.

Last episode = Vegeta dies to Freeza and cries in front of Goku. Hence the "Omni cries like a little girl" title.

This episode = Goku v Freeza. Goku figures out that Freeza can't detect Ki so he starting playing some underwater tricks.
that was one of my favorite episodes during that fight.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you people and your butchering of dbz, you should be ashamed. filler is part of the love.
The next time you want to have sex, instead of actually having sex, just stand there and stare at each other for 2 hours, and then do a bit of foreplay, and then go back to staring at each other, and then say how much you love filler.

judge!

Smash Ace
omg i just exsploded in my seat....so hott who wants to stare **** the **** out of me?

ino omnis enjoying my new look /***

Moooose

Smash Champion
The next time you want to have sex, instead of actually having sex, just stand there and stare at each other for 2 hours, and then do a bit of foreplay, and then go back to staring at each other, and then say how much you love filler.
deliciousssss

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The University of Michigan supposedly does not cancel classes because of law students who threatened to sue the school after complaining that they weren't getting their class' money's worth when classes are canceled university-wide.

So screw all y'all who have snow days today.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Ummm actually...thats a big thing for me. so i guess that works. anticipation/foreplay makes the actual happening all the sweeter, only a few people on the board probably know that though :p

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The University of Michigan supposedly does not cancel classes because of law students who threatened to sue the school after complaining that they weren't getting their class' money's worth when classes are canceled university-wide.

So screw all y'all who have snow days today.
I don't have classes on wednesdays to begin with :p

Ummm actually...thats a big thing for me. so i guess that works. anticipation/foreplay makes the actual happening all the sweeter, only a few people on the board probably know that though :p
Either you're underestimating what I mean when I say "just stand there and stare at each other", or I'm underestimating the lengths that you'd go through to not get into a girl just so you can wait beforehand.

Top Bottom