• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Black Man's Burden

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Thanks Sucumbio for providing an interpretation of what Jam was getting at in his OP. :>

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Oh boo hoo, you know you are more than your skin color. There are plenty of people who are black, yellow, white, red, caramel and as I like to think of the Polynesian people, cinnamon (you know, like the color of a cinnamon roll from Tim Horton's or something) who represent you culturally. Skin color hardly dictates what kind of a person you are. These shows depicts this thing called culture where the characters represent different kinds of people. I've practically met a black cast for the Big Bang Theory except their pants are slightly baggier as opposed to this wierdo:

I do have to say I am getting tired of young people feeling ill represented or trying to sat themselves apart by attempting to grab a piece of culture to call their own and then share with others to only get cranky and yell things at people who they feel have insulted their idea of what represents in their head calling them a meany racist or a bully when half the time such opinions expressed by the antagonist (in the winy ***'s opinion anyways) is never met to hurt der widdle feelings but to express an opinion.
Long story short people today are veywy touchy babout der widdle feewings.

If you don't feel like you are properly represented try watching basket ball. Every time I see a game I play find the white guy.

Know this though, your government (the thing that actually matters in your life unlike made up recorded events played back for people in the hopes of entertaining them) actually cares about all ethnicities and genders because people with more balls than most stood up for themselves, something this generation would probably just cry and make 50,000 youtube videos about and end up getting no where. You know when I first enlisted into the military I was told I had to wait my turn to ship off because of my ethnicity. Turns out that you get points if you aren't white and you aren't male. I ended up waiting around 5 months while a black female waited 2 weeks. She went earlier because it reflected better of the Navy that they recruited a person from a smaller social group when compared to the white male. A year and a half later I still see this being reflected in both government, military and large corporate businesses.

Long story short, can it jack and find something more useful with your time than dibbling on pointless subjects. As for me, I think I deserve some more whiskey and some shut eye cuz I have to walk a mile to work on a bum leg with a cane.
Good night and if I upset you then I think you are childish and deserve to have your diaper changed by whoever babies you the most in your life. :cool:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Wow Saviors what a well thought up and mature post. Yes, him being possibly upset would be "childish", not that ridiculous ****ing tone you just took against a guy who has been fairly calm and rational through out this thread.

Does anyone like you? Like at all?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
When one of my scottish friends was living in China, he used to get walked in on when he was in the gym showers because the locals wanted to see what a naked white guy looked like.

He also got felt up in the jacuzzi in said gym.....by a guy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When one of my scottish friends was living in China, he used to get walked in on when he was in the gym showers because the locals wanted to see what a naked white guy looked like.

He also got felt up in the jacuzzi in said gym.....by a guy.
sounds like my kind of jacuzzi

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh boo hoo, you know you are more than your skin color. There are plenty of people who are black, yellow, white, red, caramel and as I like to think of the Polynesian people, cinnamon (you know, like the color of a cinnamon roll from Tim Horton's or something) who represent you culturally. Skin color hardly dictates what kind of a person you are. These shows depicts this thing called culture where the characters represent different kinds of people. I've practically met a black cast for the Big Bang Theory except their pants are slightly baggier as opposed to this wierdo:

I do have to say I am getting tired of young people feeling ill represented or trying to sat themselves apart by attempting to grab a piece of culture to call their own and then share with others to only get cranky and yell things at people who they feel have insulted their idea of what represents in their head calling them a meany racist or a bully when half the time such opinions expressed by the antagonist (in the winy ***'s opinion anyways) is never met to hurt der widdle feelings but to express an opinion.
Long story short people today are veywy touchy babout der widdle feewings.

If you don't feel like you are properly represented try watching basket ball. Every time I see a game I play find the white guy.

Know this though, your government (the thing that actually matters in your life unlike made up recorded events played back for people in the hopes of entertaining them) actually cares about all ethnicities and genders because people with more balls than most stood up for themselves, something this generation would probably just cry and make 50,000 youtube videos about and end up getting no where. You know when I first enlisted into the military I was told I had to wait my turn to ship off because of my ethnicity. Turns out that you get points if you aren't white and you aren't male. I ended up waiting around 5 months while a black female waited 2 weeks. She went earlier because it reflected better of the Navy that they recruited a person from a smaller social group when compared to the white male. A year and a half later I still see this being reflected in both government, military and large corporate businesses.

Long story short, can it jack and find something more useful with your time than dibbling on pointless subjects. As for me, I think I deserve some more whiskey and some shut eye cuz I have to walk a mile to work on a bum leg with a cane.
Good night and if I upset you then I think you are childish and deserve to have your diaper changed by whoever babies you the most in your life. :cool:
O.O

I think you forgot to take your medication, sir.

I love that the whole second paragraph of this post is one gigantic run-on sentence.

saviorslegacy

Wow Saviors what a well thought up and mature post. Yes, him being possibly upset would be "childish", not that ridiculous ****ing tone you just took against a guy who has been fairly calm and rational through out this thread.

Does anyone like you? Like at all?
Well your mother seemed quite pleased with me to say the least.
In all seriousness, I do not care. Human companionship is overrated and almost always ends up being a waste of time.

And btw, I still don't like you. I actually forgot your name but for same reason you have yet to change that stupid avatar.
O.O

I think you forgot to take your medication, sir.

I love that the whole second paragraph of this post is one gigantic run-on sentence.
Actually my medication is pain killers due to an on the job injury. Thanks for the concern though.
My only other medication is C2H5OH and is best when taken in large doses, bottoms up.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
In all seriousness, I do not care. Human companionship is overrated and almost always ends up being a waste of time.
Companionship for an instinctively social animal is overrated and a waste of time?

I'm like the last person to sing the praises of people but....

That statement is stupid.

And btw, I still don't like you. I actually forgot your name but for same reason you have yet to change that stupid avatar.
This is an example of something that is unnecessary and a waste of time. Don't continue.

Actually my medication is pain killers due to an on the job injury. Thanks for the concern though.
My only other medication is C2H5OH and is best when taken in large doses, bottoms up.
Might wanna switch to subscript brother.

Also Americans don't drink don't lie to me.

saviorslegacy

Uh oh, looks like we got a badass up in here.

Maybe if we all start praying extra hard he'll step it up a notch and get himself banned.
I believe the word you are looking for is cocky. Which is defined as brashly confident.
I believe I deserve the right to be cocky and angry. It just so happens that the op decided to post on something that enrages me.
You know one day I checked my facebook and found that the one dude gimpyfish was complaining about working for 7 hours on Saturday. I read this while I was in the Persian Gulf. I worked every Saturday, actually everyday from 0645 to 2000 without an increase in pay. That was regular. Occasionally I worked from 0645 to sometimes 0300 the next day just to wake up and start at 0645 again!!!! On top of that I spent less than 2 weeks with my family for over a year (and that was in August, not Christmas, I spent Christmas in the desert getting drunk) and almost got trampled and beaten up by riots in the streets + death threats. Oh, and I done all of this for pretty much no reason.

So when I see other young people nitpicking at their culture it upsets me. Be happy with what you got you ungrateful *******s. Pretty much everyone including your older family members had it worst than you. At the very least you aren't as threatened by nuclear war.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Why do you improperly use the molecular formula for ethanol in order to insinuate that you're drinking alcohol, but use a colloquial term such as painkiller instead of providing a chemical formula for the analgesics you are on?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I believe the word you are looking for is cocky. Which is defined as brashly confident.
I believe I deserve the right to be cocky and angry. It just so happens that the op decided to post on something that enrages me.
You know one day I checked my facebook and found that the one dude gimpyfish was complaining about working for 7 hours on Saturday. I read this while I was in the Persian Gulf. I worked every Saturday, actually everyday from 0645 to 2000 without an increase in pay. That was regular. Occasionally I worked from 0645 to sometimes 0300 the next day just to wake up and start at 0645 again!!!! On top of that I spent less than 2 weeks with my family for over a year (and that was in August, not Christmas, I spent Christmas in the desert getting drunk) and almost got trampled and beaten up by riots in the streets + death threats. Oh, and I done all of this for pretty much no reason.

So when I see other young people nitpicking at their culture it upsets me. Be happy with what you got you ungrateful *******s. Pretty much everyone including your older family members had it worst than you. At the very least you aren't as threatened by nuclear war.
Well at least you called it the Persian Gulf!

Ultimately though dissatisfaction with what you have is what drove humanity to go from cave dwelling monkeys to what we are now. Being grateful is bull****, even life itself is not a gift, it is the ultimate burden, since you were brought into existence without asking for it, are exected to do things, and live with the knowledge that one day you will die.

Yeah, I'm not grateful for anything except the fact that my suffering is not as great as it was in my childhood.

Also it's kinda funny a soldier is so pissed at the people he slaves his guts out to protect. Kinda ****in' ironic that you put your life on the line for people you ****ing hate LOL.

But what do I know

I'm just

A REAL AMERICAN

FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN

I AM A REAL AMERICAN

FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT

FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!

BROTHER

saviorslegacy

I like how you're completely missing the point of the blog and instead reducing it down to whining about how hard our lives are.

Cool guy.
I'm sorry, all I saw was a guy complaining that he was not properly represented by others who are similar to him in color in modern day television.......
Did I miss anything?
Why do you improperly use the molecular formula for ethanol in order to insinuate that you're drinking alcohol, but use a colloquial term such as painkiller instead of providing a chemical formula for the analgesics you are on?
Because calling something what it is has never been cool.
*references, Al Capone

And how was that formula improper? Ethanol is clearly 3 hydrogen atoms connected to a carbon atom connected to a carbon atom that is connect to two more hydrogen atoms and is also connect to an oxygen atom that is connected to a hydrogen atom. Thus it is CH3CH2OH.
Actually I just saw it, I forgot to put them in the proper order.... oh well.
Well at least you called it the Persian Gulf!

Ultimately though dissatisfaction with what you have is what drove humanity to go from cave dwelling monkeys to what we are now. Being grateful is bull****, even life itself is not a gift, it is the ultimate burden, since you were brought into existence without asking for it, are exected to do things, and live with the knowledge that one day you will die.

Yeah, I'm not grateful for anything except the fact that my suffering is not as great as it was in my childhood.

Also it's kinda funny a soldier is so pissed at the people he slaves his guts out to protect. Kinda ****in' ironic that you put your life on the line for people you ****ing hate LOL.

But what do I know

I'm just

A REAL AMERICAN

FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN

I AM A REAL AMERICAN

FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT

FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!

BROTHER
Of course I called it the Persian Gulf!!!!!

True, but if I was dissatisfied with something meaningless and pitiful I doubt it would help me climb up the food chain.

I agree with you, life is bitter, but it is also sweet. Kinda like every cloud has a silver lining.

I don't ****in hate anyone, I just get pissed at how so many young people are stuck in a fantasy world and yet they still complain about EVERYTHING! There are nothing but *****ers and gripers and it has turned my smile upside down. I feel like I've went from young adult to grumpy old grandpa in less than a year!
Even my own kid brother is being tainted. I was talking to my dad the other day when he asked my bro to mow the grass. He got pissed off, logged off whatever stupid video game he was playing and went and mowed the grass, 2 hours later. My dad can't mow the grass anymore, so he has to rely on someone with a pissy attitude who just complains about how he's expected to do more than he feels he should.

Oh, and we've been over this before, we can to drink!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know one day I checked my facebook and found that the one dude gimpyfish was complaining about working for 7 hours on Saturday. I read this while I was in the Persian Gulf. I worked every Saturday, actually everyday from 0645 to 2000 without an increase in pay. That was regular. Occasionally I worked from 0645 to sometimes 0300 the next day just to wake up and start at 0645 agai
n!!!! On top of that I spent less than 2 weeks with my family for over a year (and that was in August, not Christmas, I spent Christmas in the desert getting drunk) and almost got trampled and beaten up by riots in the streets + death threats. Oh, and I done all of this for pretty much no reason.

I just love it how some people insist on forcing bad life experiences/poor life choices upon people and then expecting those people to feel horrible or immediately re-evaluate thier own life. Only because you had a "horrible" life. You chose it and you can change it :/

:phone:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The reason why young people are pissy prima donnas is because of the delayed onset of responsibility and the cocooning by parents.

You could blame the youngsters for being the way they are, but you also have to remember how we were brought up, and who played their roles in doing so.

Back in the day, you were burdened with responsibility earlier, much earlier. The majority of people paid their dues every step of the way in life, and you know what the funniest part is? The generations before that had that upbringing always look back fondly to their childhoods (unless they were traumatic or something but that doesn't count).

You need to understand that young people today are like domestic cats. Domestic cats, they seem to be in a stage of twilight where they haven't really felt the need to progess in attitude from kittenhood, because quite honestly they haven't. Parents and adults expect maturity from the young when it suits their needs, but constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY baby and cling to their children, not doing the truly loving thing and helping kids HELP THEMSELVES.

The only reason I became self reliant is because my mum had a car accident when I was 9, and after that she didn't have anywhere near the capacity to work like she used to. So yeah, as a 9 year old I had to walk home on my own every day (that's not a big deal but way more than most kids nowadays do) because my dad was at work, I had to do dishes, clean my room, sometimes even cook for myself and others because there was nobody else there to do it for me.

When I went to secondary school, I had to take London Underground (our subway system) from age 11-18. Sure as I got older not a big deal, but as an 11 year old carrying a super heavy bag full of books commuting an hour to school because driving to Central Lonodon is highly impractical was not so easy, especially considering I'd been a really ill child since the age of 5 months. Up until around the age of 15, I suffered from major respiratory issues.

All of that, and I had it easy, and quite frankly I am kinda brattish in a lot of regards.

So look at that, realise I can be a bit of a prima donna, and compare that to ***gots who never lifted a finger until after they left the house because their parents were terrible, and society kept reminding them they were just too young and immature to do things.

The best lesson I was ever taught was "if you can walk and talk, you're old enough to work it out yourself"

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Shut, the **** up.

Everyone was thinking it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Actually I think they were thinking more like "shut the **** up". Cuz you know. We don't oddly add, commas, to, stuff.

Well, I was trying to emphasize the pause, and stress on SHUT. So maybe, I should have just used a period?

Shut. The ****. Up.

Work better?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've seen like two gay couples that are static cast members on shows, not counting Bravo TV.. because come on.

**** sucks huh?

saviorslegacy

I just love it how some people insist on forcing bad life experiences/poor life choices upon people and then expecting those people to feel horrible or immediately re-evaluate thier own life. Only because you had a "horrible" life. You chose it and you can change it :/

:phone:
I know the world only as I have experienced it or as how I perceive it.
The reason why young people are pissy prima donnas is because of the delayed onset of responsibility and the cocooning by parents.

You could blame the youngsters for being the way they are, but you also have to remember how we were brought up, and who played their roles in doing so.

Back in the day, you were burdened with responsibility earlier, much earlier. The majority of people paid their dues every step of the way in life, and you know what the funniest part is? The generations before that had that upbringing always look back fondly to their childhoods (unless they were traumatic or something but that doesn't count).

You need to understand that young people today are like domestic cats. Domestic cats, they seem to be in a stage of twilight where they haven't really felt the need to progess in attitude from kittenhood, because quite honestly they haven't. Parents and adults expect maturity from the young when it suits their needs, but constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY baby and cling to their children, not doing the truly loving thing and helping kids HELP THEMSELVES.

The only reason I became self reliant is because my mum had a car accident when I was 9, and after that she didn't have anywhere near the capacity to work like she used to. So yeah, as a 9 year old I had to walk home on my own every day (that's not a big deal but way more than most kids nowadays do) because my dad was at work, I had to do dishes, clean my room, sometimes even cook for myself and others because there was nobody else there to do it for me.

When I went to secondary school, I had to take London Underground (our subway system) from age 11-18. Sure as I got older not a big deal, but as an 11 year old carrying a super heavy bag full of books commuting an hour to school because driving to Central Lonodon is highly impractical was not so easy, especially considering I'd been a really ill child since the age of 5 months. Up until around the age of 15, I suffered from major respiratory issues.

All of that, and I had it easy, and quite frankly I am kinda brattish in a lot of regards.

So look at that, realise I can be a bit of a prima donna, and compare that to ***gots who never lifted a finger until after they left the house because their parents were terrible, and society kept reminding them they were just too young and immature to do things.

The best lesson I was ever taught was "if you can walk and talk, you're old enough to work it out yourself"
Ah ha, so you are from England. You hypocrite, how dare you insult our ability to drink.

I agree, most people have grown up playing video games every step of the way. They look back at their childhood and go "Ahhhh, I so enjoyed the days of Ocarina of Time, back when life was simple and care free". Little do you know they are talking about 2005 or something.

I myself grew up in the country. The phrase that sticks out in my mind the most is "Ahhh, it'll wash off." It could also be used in a different context, "Ahhh, it'll stop bleeding."

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I know the world only as I have experienced it or as how I perceive it.

Ah ha, so you are from England. You hypocrite, how dare you insult our ability to drink.
What Falcon said!

I agree, most people have grown up playing video games every step of the way. They look back at their childhood and go "Ahhhh, I so enjoyed the days of Ocarina of Time, back when life was simple and care free". Little do you know they are talking about 2005 or something.

I myself grew up in the country. The phrase that sticks out in my mind the most is "Ahhh, it'll wash off." It could also be used in a different context, "Ahhh, it'll stop bleeding."
I played a lot of games because I was usually too ill to go outdoors, which really pissed me off. I read a lot, played a lot of games. I was a wild little boy, so I had to have these home distractions to stop me from killing someone. In any case, I think the funny thing is this was by choice. Sad thing is, as a grown up you can't just go out and do the hilarious things you did as kids, not because it's bad for adults to do, but because everyone is afraid of the outdoors.

So much truth on the "it'll wash off" part. London is a big city, but there are lots of green spaces, and by green spaces I don't mean an immaculately trimmed lawn soccer moms pay mexicans 2 cents an hour so they can have it looking nice and not stepped on.

But yeah, what can I say, people only work as hard as they need to or are trained to.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I really like what Teran said, it sucks I was and still am one of those people that were spoiled by their parents. Now I am useless as the child they sheltered. One day I'm going to change, I have no choice to change, but I know it is going to be really rough, all because I got used to the idea of having things handed to me and being carefree. With all of the benefits of living in our time, because of those same benefits you can be screwed.

The only thing that I really benefited from having this carefree life is that I learned not to care about a lot of the things that people get hung up on, and the subject of this thread is one of them. Though I'm not saying Jam Stunna is all torn up about it, of course.

BioDG

Smash Ace
When the issue is the apparent lack of diversity in storytelling, creativity, and characters to an offensive and pointless degree in spite of a diverse world, dwindling things down to race will always prevent people from seeing the bigger picture.

I'm not concerned with how one group is misrepresented and how. The point is that there is a regurgitated formula that has no significant concern to people of ANY kind and prevents storytelling with substance that truly resonates...even in the more "creative" efforts. And it's all for the SAME reason of any business: preferring to ignore creativity and diversity and stick to an established trend. This business just so happens to involve stories and visual portrayals of those stories, so the disservice is gonna feel more personal to people than usual, I guess.

Oh well. Blogs like this tend to make me sad. Cuz really, it's a call towards identifying the problem and setting out to change things.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sooooo tired of hearing about how hard the gays have it.

I blame Lady Gaga tbh.
That is completely contrary to the spirit of this thread.

Speaking of which, it's really disappointing how black people in general fail to see the analagies between the struggle for gay rights and civil rights. I was actually ashamed to learn that, on election day 2008, blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama and Proposition 8 in California.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Well shouldn't that just signify the difference between them? Blacks vs Whites is one thing, but at least all races can agree that **** are gay.

j/k Teran <B

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I like how black people are overwhelmingly homophobic yet they're probably the gayest people of all.

I mean sheeeee, there's a reason you gon get it from Big Bubba in prison.

It's also why I never feel guilty about making racial jabs. Well actually that's because I don't feel guilt for some reason.

But I will one day!

Edit: Also I get hit on by a lot of black guys on the internets. D:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
it goes the other way around too. The gay people I know in person are some of the most racist people I've ever met. I just don't get it. I guess gay people need to be persecuted a little more so they can emphasize with minorities ^_^

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm surprised gay people aren't the nicest people ever because of how they are treated, you'd think they would understand that hatred or meanness isn't cool. Some gay people I meet are just *****y as hell, they literally make it so even if you aren't homophobic it is hard to really get along with them. Again, only some, meaning really they are just like everybody else, its just weird that they don't see the value of things because of the rough time they are given. I know when I get **** it shows to me how wrong it is to treat people like that.

Top Bottom