• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Xyless

Smash Master
I think you guys could save alot of trouble and time if you use a cube controller.
Considering I have the d-pad set to smashes, and the only thing I've lost is insta-grabs (which I've somewhat alleviated with setting 1 to grab), I don't see the big deal.

I actually think that the Motechaku's dpad is in a more convenient place for the smashes than the c-stick. If only I could use B to float, I feel like I would be completely fluid with my Peach abilities.

However, now that I've had to accept that I just can't use B for floating, I've set Z to jump and C to shield, which seems to work much better.

Xyless

Smash Master
Ah sweet another mote/chuk user! I think there's maybe 5 of 6 of us out there now. I actually think Peach's play is very conducive to using this controller. I just change the Dpad to Smash and it's good to go. There are a few problems though, as you said the most common one that comes up the A+B grab. It's not hard to switch too, but I find it can back fire, but nine times out of ten you're just going to wind up accidentally jabbing, so it's just something you have to be prepared for. Also, I have been seeing a lot of people in the Peach boards complaining about having trouble with floating nairs. I don't seem to have any trouble executing them once floating, I just find the C button on the chuk can be slightly resistant to short hopping at times, which can be a pain.
It's when B is set to Jump that I (and no one) can float nairs or any aerial while using the Attack button to strike. Otherwise I'm perfectly capable of getting the nairs off when needed.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I think you guys could save alot of trouble and time if you use a cube controller.
I've a classic controller, which isn't really different than the GC controller, and I still prefer the Wiichuck. I've set the D-pad to Fsmash and Usmash. "What about Dsmash?" Ghehe, I don't need another button to do that! Just Down + A, simple. Smashes are only for glide tosses.

I can't glide toss with the controller. It's weird... One stick to the left, other stick to the right, hold shield, blaaaaah. And floating, wtffff! How can you guys float O_O Wiichuck provides a better float! >D

Only thing that's better of the controllers is shorthopping. x.x

/enoughadvertising

Xyless

Smash Master
I wouldn't say so. The C-stick is really far away from the main buttons, and the control stick is in an awkward position (never understood why they put it so far right). Also, the Z buttons are in completely inconvenient locations.

Maybe when that Classic Pro controller comes out, I can see the Classic being the next best, if not the best controller.

Xyless

Smash Master
I've a classic controller, which isn't really different than the GC controller, and I still prefer the Wiichuck. I've set the D-pad to Fsmash and Usmash. "What about Dsmash?" Ghehe, I don't need another button to do that! Just Down + A, simple. Smashes are only for glide tosses.

I can't glide toss with the controller. It's weird... One stick to the left, other stick to the right, hold shield, blaaaaah. And floating, wtffff! How can you guys float O_O Wiichuck provides a better float! >D

Only thing that's better of the controllers is shorthopping. x.x

/enoughadvertising
That's actually my previous setup, with down dpad being grab. I'm still trying to decide if I want to leave it like that, since it's kind of convenient having a grab button.

The one convenient thing I've noticed about having down dpad set to smash is you can move a LOT faster if you concentrate your control stick to just be movement for the float. Using down as the control really impedes your movement, so it's somewhat harder to do a "sprinting float dair" into a person. Not sure if it's that big a deal, though, and if it isn't I'll have no problem reverting to my old dpad setup.

Xyless

Smash Master
Also, I just remembered something that happened the other day. I was playing with a few friends at our game lab, and I somehow pulled two spikes off on one match with Peach's dair. I can't remember if they were still holding the ledge or if they were jumping off at the time, but after (I believe it was) the third hit of the dair, it made them completely plummet to the dead zone. Around 100% if I remember correctly.

I wasn't able to record it, since the match went 3:17.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm realizing with the Yoshi week, it'd be awesome if we can organize so our threads are all on the same character.

The four threads I'm thinking we should try to keep together.

Weekly Match-up Discussion

Dealing With Specific Enemy Moves

Secondaries For Peach

Peachy Counterpicks

We'll follow the Match-up Discussion. I got the Counterpicks thread, but Rick and Prepare Yourself, do you think that'd be a good idea for your threads?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's Brawl's 1st Birthday. ^^

I can't really remember the first time I used Peach...
But I remember my first dair combo.

"OMGOMGOMG HAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING"

Xyless

Smash Master
Okay, after that episode I had above, I've decided that I'm going to try to transition to the GC controller, and I really want to know. How in the world do you Peaches float AND c-stick at the same time? I can do it fine with the dpad, but for some reason, it just seems like too far a reach to do effectively with the C-stick. Do you have another button for jump? I'm using Y for jump right now (defaults except for tap jump off).

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I dunno the cube is so much more... comfortable to me. I couldn't make the switch without months of practice, at least not competetively. That's like trying to play the guitar when all you know is the piano...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^ don't be so exaggerated LOL

Let's say...from a leftie guitar to a righthand one.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
It's pretty much like switching instruments. I guess there is some resemblance, so how about guitar to violin?

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
or a guitar to peachkid :O

but seriously.... yeah the GC controller is where its at. i dont really need to claw to get similar results to clawing and stuff....

Oh and btw i made it on the first draft NE PR =D

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
Okay, after that episode I had above, I've decided that I'm going to try to transition to the GC controller, and I really want to know. How in the world do you Peaches float AND c-stick at the same time? I can do it fine with the dpad, but for some reason, it just seems like too far a reach to do effectively with the C-stick. Do you have another button for jump? I'm using Y for jump right now (defaults except for tap jump off).
With the X button it's not difficult at all id say. Use your thumb joint to press X then float and use your available thumb point to press A and use an appropriate aerial to fit the situation. =3

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I use both L and x for jumping. I can't really explain when I use L vs x. There are just some inputs and timings that I'm more comfortable using L for and others that I like x for.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Random tip:

I like throwing turnips up in the small space between the middle and top platforms on Battlefield. ^^

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Everyone I play air dodges into tech chased Floating Nairs. It's actually really funny

Seriously, if you have annoying opponents who airdodge towards the ground nearby, ground Floating Nairs are a great way to deal with them
I have fallen in love with nair for this reason among others... so helpful

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Z Dropping turnips is fun.
Z dropping seems so much more useless now. Outside of z dropping over a ledge to ruin someone's recovery I haven't found anything that makes it more useful than just throwing the turnips. Maybe it's just because I play me peach all funny and such...

Sky`

Smash Lord
Z dropping seems so much more useless now. Outside of z dropping over a ledge to ruin someone's recovery I haven't found anything that makes it more useful than just throwing the turnips. Maybe it's just because I play me peach all funny and such...
Whenever I get a Stitch face turnip, or a bob-omb, then I z drop them. <3

goodkid

Smash Lord
Z drop can be used defensively too, just drop it in front then aerial afterwards w/ out catching the turnip or if u hit, u'll catch automatically

Top Bottom