• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarcraftLedZeppelin

Smash Cadet
Sure thing Starcraft:

Changing your handicap changes your buffer window. For instance..

10 handicap=1buffer
20 handicap=2buffer.

...and so on till it caps out at 10 buffer (vbrawl)

If you dont know what buffer is then ill explain that as well. In vbrawl you are allowed 10 frames of buffer. Meaning you can input a move 10 frames before your last move ends and it will still register and bring your move out at the first possible frame. While some people find this to be the smoothest control, it can also cause many SD's with heavier characters such as Ike.

Brawl+ allows you to choose exactly what buffer setting you want. So try out different settings and see which one you believe provides you with the smoothest gameplay.
So the higher the handicap the faster my attacks will be?

IC3R

Smash Lord
So the higher the handicap the faster my attacks will be?
Sort of...

In vBrawl (original Brawl), the buffer window was 10 frames. Here's how it worked:

Move A is 29 frames long.
The last 10 frames are the buffer window. If you input any action (say, Move B) within those 10 frames, it will come out immediately after frame 29 of Move A.

In Brawl+, you can change that window to anything between 0 and 10 frames by aid of the Handicap = Buffer code:

0% = 0 frames
10% = 1 frame
20% = 2 frames
. . .
100% or greater = 10 frames

The reason anything over 100% automatically does a 10-frame buffer is because of the original Brawl buffering window.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION!
This codeset contains over 256 lines of code, and in order to use it you will need the GCT loader:

i was affraid of this, i have tried to make this work 25+ times, i have nip-tucked everything i could think of, but it either A: freezes at gecko.
Or B: no codes have worked and it is Vanilla

edit: i guess i can put the codes in manually until a new gecko comes out

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
what it does (teh buffer) it stops you from suiciding with falco, fox and ike's side B while recovering

r u doin it rite Zodac?

i don no bro, there isn't a proper guide for it so...>_>

i have some questons of my own:

char id switch? what is this?
hitbox system = is this new from 3.3, what does it do?
hitbox data = is this new from 3.3, what does it do?

StarcraftLedZeppelin

Smash Cadet
what it does (teh buffer) it stops you from suiciding with falco, fox and ike's side B while recovering

r u doin it rite Zodac?

i don no bro, there isn't a proper guide for it so...>_>

i have some questons of my own:

char id switch? what is this?
hitbox system = is this new from 3.3, what does it do?
hitbox data = is this new from 3.3, what does it do?
Char id i think is how they rearranged all the roster list, it seems to be more game chronologically ordered. IE all pokemon in a line all starfox cast in a line, also you can play as individual pokemon trainer pokemon likst just charizard or just squirtle so they each have their own selection box now.

I'm really diggin starfox on this brawl+, I just might main him now.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
i thought you needed way more codes for that

infact, it would be nice to explain what all the codes do, then you could copy/paste into the extra info section on codemanager, win.

**** i gotta get 256+, i'm like 150+ over already

ok so, the hitbox stuff is all unique move buff/nerfs but i can't use it cause it's like 50 lines or something

StarcraftLedZeppelin

Smash Cadet
i thought you needed way more codes for that

infact, it would be nice to explain what all the codes do, then you could copy/paste into the extra info section on codemanager, win.
They have a shiek box right next to zelda and a zssamus box right next to regular samus too, I actually really like brawl+ it's love at first sight.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Zodiac.
Put the gct "SD Loader" in codes, put "Offline Play" in /private/wii/app/rsbe/pf folder.
This ignores the 256 limit.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
It seems to me that the "No autosweetspotting ledges on upB" also applies to sideB... at least for Luigi. It's harder to sweetspot with Luigi's Green Missile now. It seems as if he won't grab the edge if there's still a hitbox on the animation... he just slips under the stage on slanted ledges.

Is this an unexpected side effect? If it is, will it be fixed? If not, shouldn't it say, "No autosweetspotting ledges on upB/forwardB," or, "No autosweetspotting leges with recovery moves"?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
That's weird considering it works fine for Fox/Falco/Falcon/Diddy/Ike/etc etc...

Seems like an unexpected side effect. It's probably an important mode of recovery for Luigi mains, people might wanna look into that..

Sukai

Smash Champion
those codes were posted under ntsc, will it work for pal?
Uh...no.
Didn't check your location, whoops.
The file directories are the same, but the gct is different, go to paprika's post after Almas'.
You should experience an epic adventure.

D

Deleted member

ok to get this clear:
the crazy error is more than likely caused by the frame speed mod engine.
the version I put in the PAL release is the same as it was in 3.3 and NTSC has an updated version. I couldn't get the new PAL version to work (freeze a stage loading) and almas provided me with an alternative code.

I'm going to test out this code now, and if it works I'm gonna update the OP.
if anyone can try out the set without the frame speed code to confirm this is the code causing the error that would be nice. (for some reason I don't get the error)

EDIT: it works, that's all I can say. Ialso updated the OP

since gecko 1.8 is out I will also try to make a .gpf file to make the use of the double gct method unnesecary

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
since gecko 1.8 is out I will also try to make a .gpf file to make the use of the double gct method unnesecary

i like the sound of that

:034:

Smash Hero
Sorry P Killer, no dice. It doesn't work, even when I remove the Frame Speed Mod engine and data. I'm testing code for code now, and I think it's in the Hitlag Modifier. Gonna test it without the hitlag and see what happens.

EDIT: The error still occurs when there's no hitlag modifier code. Gonna test with Hitbox system and data off.

EDIT 2: GOT IT! It works when you turn off the "Ignore Handicap" and "Handicap is buffer frames" code. I also turned off Handicap in my options. No error occurs this way.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It seems to me that the "No autosweetspotting ledges on upB" also applies to sideB... at least for Luigi. It's harder to sweetspot with Luigi's Green Missile now. It seems as if he won't grab the edge if there's still a hitbox on the animation... he just slips under the stage on slanted ledges.

Is this an unexpected side effect? If it is, will it be fixed? If not, shouldn't it say, "No autosweetspotting ledges on upB/forwardB," or, "No autosweetspotting leges with recovery moves"?
I believe the way it works is that you don't autograb the ledge with a B move as long as you're moving upwards. I've noticed it doesn't always work consistently though. Lucario's up-B always autograbs for some reason (which I actually think is necessary for him balance-wise), and you also autograb if you connect with any kind of hitbox or shield with your up-B (which is not a big deal, but it's kinda weird sometimes).

Anyways, I have some balance suggestions also. These aren't all mine, they are just the consensus from the (mostly top-level) MD/VA players I've been playing with. Most of them love Brawl+ but they do have some issues.
  • Shiek's ftilt is brrrrrroken. Is there any way to make it a bit easier to escape ftilt spam at low %s? It's fine that it combos into fair or usmash at higher %s, but it's way too easy to rack up 70+ just by ftilting with the occasional utilt.
  • Considering how powerful Rest is, it's just too easy for Jiggs to combo into it at low/mid %s. Could you give uair a slightly higher base knockback?
  • The last (side) hit of Marth's side-B can kill at 120ish. IMO this should be a staple combo move for him, but it's very easy to get someone caught in it, and I really don't think it should have that kind of kill power. You can literally play Marth without using any other moves.
  • Either damage reduction or less stun on Falco's lasers. Some of the taller characters are just completely helpless against Falco.
  • MK = still broken. Maybe that suggestion for vertical knockback from his up-B will help.
  • With the glide nerf, Pit's recovery went from decent to meh. His up-B could use some help.
You asked for feedback Shanus. This is what I have right now.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Anyways, I have some balance suggestions also. These aren't all mine, they are just the consensus from the (mostly top-level) MD/VA players I've been playing with. Most of them love Brawl+ but they do have some issues.
  • Shiek's ftilt is brrrrrroken. Is there any way to make it a bit easier to escape ftilt spam at low %s? It's fine that it combos into fair or usmash at higher %s, but it's way too easy to rack up 70+ just by ftilting with the occasional utilt.
  • Considering how powerful Rest is, it's just too easy for Jiggs to combo into it at low/mid %s. Could you give uair a slightly higher base knockback?
  • The last (side) hit of Marth's side-B can kill at 120ish. IMO this should be a staple combo move for him, but it's very easy to get someone caught in it, and I really don't think it should have that kind of kill power. You can literally play Marth without using any other moves.
  • Either damage reduction or less stun on Falco's lasers. Some of the taller characters are just completely helpless against Falco.
  • MK = still broken. Maybe that suggestion for vertical knockback from his up-B will help.
  • With the glide nerf, Pit's recovery went from decent to meh. His up-B could use some help.
Shiek's ftilt is still broken? I thought it was fixed.

Jigg's rest is a bit understandable.

Other's have complained about that move, too. I don't know what anyone told them, though.

Falco's lasers don't have that much stun anyway. He can't legitimately combo from them, and a damage stale code would make them less OP.

How exactly is MK still broken?

And we do actually have a code that allows his up-B to be used repeatedly.

BTW, remember me? The guy who used G&W? :p

Magus420

Smash Master
Nooooo, don't take away his kill moves :(

What about us Marth's Side-B mains? Marth's Side-B players shouldn't have to depend entirely on Marth to get their kills. They should both be solid characters when used separately, as well as when used as a team like Zelda/Sheik.

Revven

FrankerZ
Falco's lasers are only a problem because of the higher hitlag, Caeser. We will be lowering it with a breakpoint to exempt jabs from hitlag (so we don't have a problem with jabs like Sheik's, Falco's, and Peach's incredible pressure game with it).

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Looking at what Jceasar did I think I might compile a list of the biggest balance suggestions from some of the best NYC players because we have similar complaints actually. If we do it state by state and keep it organized like that it would be a lot better to see what the best players think on a regional basis, rather than the random and sometimes unnecessary suggestions made by a lot of people in this thread lately. That way you can take all the reasonable ones and try to put them in effect for the next official release.

Not saying you should be left out of balance suggestions because you're not a pro player but the fact of the matter is pro players are more adept at finding out broken stuff and are much more suitable for balance critiquing and usually stay within the bounds of realistic changes. Some of the suggestions I read from this thread and the other Brawl+ thread were a little farfetched and extremely selfish (people asking for unreasonable buffs to THEIR characters). Considering all of Jceasar's suggestions are very reasonable minute changes it just shows the sensibility in the the thinking of most pro/semi-pro players.

I personally agree with Jceasar on all of his points except maybe the Falco thing but anyway I'll get to work and ask some of the NYC players I know that are interested in Brawl+ what their main gripes are..

Oh and for the record they include..
D1
Ninjalink
Bum
Basic Sausage
Wes and his crew (D.A.)

Just incase you doubt my credibility for whatever reason...

CountKaiser - Given that now we have Hitstun it actually suits MetaKnight perfectly because now he has stun to go along with his crazy high offense but I honestly think nerfing him too much would be a mistake myself. Metaknight is just the type of character that will always be broken..unless you make EVERY one of his moves laggy (and I think we all know that's going a little too far...). At least with the way things are setup now (I'm speaking about 4.1, not 4.0) his camping options are limited (bye bye shield camping, bye bye whorenado, bye bye dsmash out of shield) and now you can actually pressure him back to some extent since there is shield stun now. The big thing for me is non spammable dsmash as I would ALWAYS ALWAYS get hit by that move in tournament due to shield stabbing. Bad players would hit me once and my legs would be exposed then they'd do it again and hit me and I'd go straight ..and if you look at my main (*cough Ike) you will see that he generally dies when hit in that general direction. It's kind of annoying to see the game award stupidity in vbrawl but whatever..those days are over, kinda. Anyway, I wouldn't be against making his up-b hit vertical only but I can safely say that won't stop him from being retardedly broken. That's just Metaknight...what we have now is probably as close as we'll get to balancing things out throughout the whole roster.

shanus

Smash Hero
I believe the way it works is that you don't autograb the ledge with a B move as long as you're moving upwards. I've noticed it doesn't always work consistently though. Lucario's up-B always autograbs for some reason (which I actually think is necessary for him balance-wise), and you also autograb if you connect with any kind of hitbox or shield with your up-B (which is not a big deal, but it's kinda weird sometimes).

Thanks JCaes. I thought with our latest Sheik ftilt changes, you could DI out after 2 hits almost consistently. Could you elaborate on that point a bit more?

I too felt like Jiggs was easier to combo with into rest, but a lot of people didn't seem to agree with me.

Marth OverB is a very good point. We will destroy Magus new main, but its for balance.

Damage staling should fix falco's lasers when we get it.

We have a code for Pits Wings, and now that gecko os 1.8 just came out, time to try it all out :D

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
mk is broken.
solution: snip his wings.

sheik is too good
solution: break her legs(lolftilt)

jiggs is fine to me and so is falco.

D

Deleted member

will do that.

and @I am plum, I could convert the whole stuff in an hour or so, but it doesn't have a big advantage over the double gct yet.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Shiek's ftilt is still broken? I thought it was fixed.

Jigg's rest is a bit understandable.

Other's have complained about that move, too. I don't know what anyone told them, though.

Falco's lasers don't have that much stun anyway. He can't legitimately combo from them, and a damage stale code would make them less OP.

How exactly is MK still broken?

And we do actually have a code that allows his up-B to be used repeatedly.

BTW, remember me? The guy who used G&W? :p
The guy from Stevenson? What's up? Didn't know you were so involved with the project.

Shiek's ftilt doesn't lock anymore but it still ***** pretty much anything on the ground, can't be shieldgrabbed if it's spaced right, and combos into literally anything. It's like a neverending Marth side-B. You can DI it but she can easily follow you with more ftilts, all the way to the edge of the stage and gimp you, or if you get to a platform she can **** that too. I don't know a solution for this. Maybe damage staling will help, or slightly higher base knockback and lower growth (so it still combos to fair at high %s, as it should).

Falco's lasers are only a problem because of the higher hitlag, Caeser. We will be lowering it with a breakpoint to exempt jabs from hitlag (so we don't have a problem with jabs like Sheik's, Falco's, and Peach's incredible pressure game with it).
I'll take your word for it and hope damage staling helps. Falco's lasers just seem to shut characters down a lot better than they did in Melee.

On that note, any chance you guys could make powershielding reflect projectiles? I think that could REALLY help against characters like Falco.

Nooooo, don't take away his kill moves :(

What about us Marth's Side-B mains? Marth's Side-B players shouldn't have to depend entirely on Marth to get their kills. They should both be solid characters when used separately, as well as when used as a team like Zelda/Sheik.
:laugh: Nice.

Looking at what Jceasar did I think I might compile a list of the biggest balance suggestions from some of the best NYC players because we have similar complaints actually. If we do it state by state and keep it organized like that it would be a lot better to see what the best players think on a regional basis, rather than the random and sometimes unnecessary suggestions made by a lot of people in this thread lately. That way you can take all the reasonable ones and try to put them in effect for the next official release.

Not saying you should be left out of balance suggestions because you're not a pro player but the fact of the matter is pro players are more adept at finding out broken stuff and are much more suitable for balance critiquing and usually stay within the bounds of realistic changes. Some of the suggestions I read from this thread and the other Brawl+ thread were a little farfetched and extremely selfish (people asking for unreasonable buffs to THEIR characters). Considering all of Jceasar's suggestions are very reasonable minute changes it just shows the sensibility in the the thinking of most pro/semi-pro players.

I personally agree with Jceasar on all of his points except maybe the Falco thing but anyway I'll get to work and ask some of the NYC players I know that are interested in Brawl+ what their main gripes are..

Oh and for the record they include..
D1
Ninjalink
Bum
Basic Sausage
Wes and his crew (D.A.)
I'm interested to see what they say. I only have decent experience with about a quarter of the cast in B+ so getting some more pro perspectives would be helpful.

Thanks JCaes. I thought with our latest Sheik ftilt changes, you could DI out after 2 hits almost consistently. Could you elaborate on that point a bit more?

I too felt like Jiggs was easier to combo with into rest, but a lot of people didn't seem to agree with me.

Marth OverB is a very good point. We will destroy Magus new main, but its for balance.

Damage staling should fix falco's lasers when we get it.

We have a code for Pits Wings, and now that gecko os 1.8 just came out, time to try it all out :D
I'll be sure to post any more I think of. When is the next beta release gonna be?

shanus

Smash Hero
About powershielding reflecting projectiles:
Bum and Wes and a few others want to see it last I chatted with them as well.

I'll need to see if that request is out or not.

Have a private set which is coming along nicely JCaes, hopefully soon.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Shiek's F-Tilt is so ****, it's not even funny........
Okay, yes it is :p

If you're working on a Powershield/reflection code, would it work against ROB's Laser and Ivy's Razor Leaf? (Of course, Powershielding those would be a pain to do anyway...)

On a side note: how do my new signature and avatar look?
I'm totally promoting this EVERYWHERE O__O

IC3R

Smash Lord
Maybe I need to change the "+" to red?

@ JCaes: I could hook you up with a spiffy B+ sig. After all, I made them myself :D
If you have a certain image you'd like to use, I'd be more than willing to help turn it into a linkable sig :D

I actually have an avatar you can use:

IIRC, you use Cobalt ROB :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom