• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Actually I use Green ROB. That looks good though, if you make a green one I'll definitely use it. (Actually, Raphael Squirtle would be even better)

I sent you a PM so we can stop spamming this thread.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Actually I use Green ROB. That looks good though, if you make a green one I'll definitely use it. (Actually, Raphael Squirtle would be even better)

I sent you a PM so we can stop spamming this thread.
>__<

So yeah, reflective powershielding...
Sounds like another AT to master D:

I think it should only apply to certain projectiles, such as Fox/Falco/Wolf's laser, or Pikachu's Thunderjolt; but the ones like Shiek's needles, R.O.B.'s laser, or Ivysaur's Razor Leaf would not reflect.

I'll compile a list in a moment of what I think it should and should not affect.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
European [PAL] codeset
Updated: 14 april 2009
Version: 4.0 Beta

This version is identical to the American [NTSC] codeset, with the following exceptions:
-The luigi's mansion is always down [deadlands] code is NOT included
-The custom character selcet screen [CSS] codes are NOT included
Will you get these working for the next version?

And can someone show a screenshot of the custom character selection please?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Here Be The List

Okay, here are two lists of projectiles; one of which I believe should be reflected by way of Powershielding, and the other not:

PROJECTILES THAT SHOULD BE REFLECTABLE:
  • Mario's Fireball
  • Luigi's Fireball
  • Diddy Kong's Rocketbarrel (when they are flying around)
  • Link's Gale Boomerang
  • Toon Link's Boomerang
  • Samus' Charge Beam
  • Zero Suit Samus' Stun Shot
  • Kirby's Cutter Shockwave
  • Falco's Blaster
  • Fox's Blaster
  • Wolf's Blaster
  • Pikachu's Thunderjolt
  • Lucario's Aura Sphere
  • Ness' PK Fire
  • Ice Climber's Ice Blocks
  • Pit's Light Arrow
  • R.O.B.'s Gyro Shot (it becomes a normal item afterwards)
  • Mr. Game & Watch's Chef Attack

PROJECTILES THAT SHOULD NOT BE REFLECTABLE:
  • Mario's FLUDD (does it even count?)
  • Bowser's Fire Breath
  • Yoshi's Egg Toss
  • Diddy Kong's Peanut Popgun
  • Link's Hero Bow
  • Zelda's Din's Fire
  • Shiek's Needles
  • Toon Link's Fairy Bow
  • Samus' Missiles & Morph Bombs
  • King Dedede's Minion Throw
  • Squirtle's Water Gun
  • Ivysaur's Razor Leaf
  • Charizard's Flamethrower
  • Ness' PK Flash & Thunder
  • Lucas' PK Freeze, Fire, & Thunder
  • R.O.B.'s Robo Beam
  • Olimar's Pikmin Throw
  • Snake's Mortar, NIKITA, Cypher
  • Sonic's Spring Drop
I can guarantee I'm missing something. Any disputes, otherwise?

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Reflecting missiles and arrows is what makes it fun. I really don't see why every projectile (excepting being pikmin) shouldn't be able to be reflected with proper shield timing.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I have mixed feelings about PS reflecting projectiles. Right now, it's still fairly easy to powershield most projectiles, and I think it would detract from the novelty of most reflector moves, which might often be a worse choice than simply PSing the projectile.

However, for your list, IC3R, I would add Lucas/Ness PK fire to reflectable, and Thunder/Freeze/Flash to non-reflectable.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I have mixed feelings about PS reflecting projectiles. Right now, it's still fairly easy to powershield most projectiles, and I think it would detract from the novelty of most reflector moves, which might often be a worse choice than simply PSing the projectile.

However, for your list, IC3R, I would add Lucas/Ness PK fire to reflectable, and Thunder/Freeze/Flash to non-reflectable.
****, I knew I was forgetting something xD

I was kinda halfway thinking Ness' PK Fire should reflect, but Lucas' shouldn't, since it's a burst like Zelda's Din's Fire.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you just have it that all projectiles that can be reflected by fox's reflector reflect on power shield. The in game reflectors are still better because they have that 2x damage 2x speed thing. Well at least I know wolf does. If not give it to everyone else.

IC3R

Smash Lord
What about Peach's turnips?
Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I did not include Throwable items within the list (except for ROB's Gyro, but it doesn't start out that way), since they can be reflected through powershielding anyway~

That includes: Peach's Turnips, (Toon) Link's Bombs, Snake's Grenades, Diddy Kong's Bananas, Zero Suit Samus' armor pieces, and Wario's Motorcycle.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
  • The last (side) hit of Marth's side-B can kill at 120ish. IMO this should be a staple combo move for him, but it's very easy to get someone caught in it, and I really don't think it should have that kind of kill power. You can literally play Marth without using any other moves.
What.

10wats.

Marth's Side B kills at 120 if you DI bad and/or if its a tipper. All through whobo, over 80% of the players who played my Marth in B+ have surived Dancing Blade until 130%-140% and beyond 140% sometimes because of the fact that you DI UP and AWAY when you get caught in it. And it only has that godly knockback when you tip the last hit, if its not tipped, they wont die with good DI.

Seriously. Its really easy to DI, and it will only kill you with Bad DI (Unless your a light character, then Good DI will probably not save you)

Any marth using only Side B will get *****, as its a punishing move and the first hit is slow enough that when blocked, you get *****. I know.

It just like an MK using only nado. You get hit with it repeatedly if you're doing really bad, but if you know what's going on and what you're doing, you'll be punishing the player who keep spamming it.

Like seriously.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, Dedede wants a faster Jab plz, etc....

Back to the Powershield topic; honestly, I'd rather have the novelty of reflector specials. I use Zelda, R.O.B., and Falco, so I can go up against someone with a projectile...

Kirby, Ganon, and Zamus are the three I'd have to learn it for...

Rudra

Smash Ace
Dedede sucks in this update fix him plz.
What is wrong with D3 in B+? If you want to see change, you'll have to be more specific about his problems first.

As for projectile reflection from PSing...I'm not too sure about it yet because of how easy it can become, but it would serve as a better defense against camping. (Though, that too hasnt proved to be as potent as it was in VBrawl)

TL?

Smash Ace
Yeah, Dedede wants a faster Jab plz, etc....

Back to the Powershield topic; honestly, I'd rather have the novelty of reflector specials. I use Zelda, R.O.B., and Falco, so I can go up against someone with a projectile...

Kirby, Ganon, and Zamus are the three I'd have to learn it for...
I agree :p

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's knee hitbox is too large.
Backwards knee as well.
I've noticed it sweetspotting on both his calves, back ankle, pecs, and elbow.
It's ridiculous.
Also His Knee's a BIT TOO STRONG in terms of knockback
The new Wario stage is the new yoshi's island his knee kills at 50ish with GOOD di there.
Besides that he's fine the way he is with the current 4-7 physics of the game

Losing his chain grab has hurt him in ways that a less laggy Bair and Fair cannot fix by any stretch of the imagination.
He lost his CG for a reason, COMPLETE stage control, In Brawl+ it should be worked for by more than just a grab.
By the way, he's still decent in his grab game, against some characters, he can jab lock after his dthrow towards the heavier characters.(lol imagine cg to bair in b+, ridiculous)
DDD just needs a buff on his Up and Down aerials imo its too easy to SDI out at high and low percentages.

On topic now...
In the next patch of brawL+ with the introduction of reflecting with powershielding, maybe with a smaller window (not melee small) to power shield.
IMO it should reflect more than the listed projectiles. \
For Example, Toon Link's arrows should be reflected HOWEVER the time they stay out shouldnt be refreshed, it should complete the distance traveled after being reflected.

Revven

FrankerZ
Losing his chain grab has hurt him in ways that a less laggy Bair and Fair cannot fix by any stretch of the imagination.
We've got **** planned for D3, we're testing things in the backroom.

Just chill, seriously guys, we don't need this thread to be clogged with "x character needs x buffs/nerfs." I mean, you can post feedback for chars that we don't KNOW that need to be fixed, but, there's a multitude of chars we already know who need fixing and have said time and time again that we are testing things for them.

Giving feedback on a character we don't hear much on would be better than clogging this thread up with chars we've heard before and we're currently testing stuff out with.

Nothing meant against you, KirbyKaze, just letting you and everyone else know.

As for an example of a char we don't hear much on: Snake

Although Snake doesn't need to be nerfed/buffed specifically, we really do NOT hear anything about him, so he's a great example of a character that needs some form of feedback (even if it isn't about buffing/nerfing him) Not everything is about buffing/nerfing a character, y'know. We also don't hear much about Olimar, Pit, and so on (although we have people who play them, just not enough or at all).

Again, keep the character buffs/nerfs discussion a little ... quieter in this thread. It's getting a bit out of hand, IMO. Feedback is great though, gives us a better idea on what a character may need as opposed to what we feel they may need.

Edit: And... I just noticed a new subforum for character discussion. Please keep all character discussion in their respective area but TRY NOT TO TALK ABOUT BUFFS/NERFS only on what the character currently excels in and/or is bad in. Match-up discussion and whatever else have you would also be awesome.

Let's use this thread as we used to before: for new players to post their B+ feedback/opinions and etc. plz.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
European [PAL] codeset
Updated: 14 april 2009
Version: 4.0 Beta

This version is identical to the American [NTSC] codeset, with the following exceptions:
-The luigi's mansion is always down [deadlands] code is NOT included
-The custom character selcet screen [CSS] codes are NOT included
Will you get these working for the next version?

And can someone show a screenshot of the custom character selection please?
Please answer :ohwell:.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
About powershielding...
vBrawl window=4 frames
Brawl+ window= 2 frames
Melee window=1 frame (I think)
But I think ideally, there should be separate inputs for a powershield and a non-power-shield, so that you wouldn't get accidental powershields and if you intentionally powershielded, there would be a punishment for messing up. Seriously, powershielding is a big deal when it is pulled off successfully, and I feel that the way it is in Brawl+ is still a little too much like luck.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Falcon's knee hitbox is too large.
Backwards knee as well.
I've noticed it sweetspotting on both his calves, back ankle, pecs, and elbow.
It's ridiculous.
Also His Knee's a BIT TOO STRONG in terms of knockback
The new Wario stage is the new yoshi's island his knee kills at 50ish with GOOD di there.
Besides that he's fine the way he is with the current 4-7 physics of the game
Ever play melee?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It's neither 4 nor 8 frames in vBrawl.

Melee: 2 frames (projectiles); 4 frames (attacks)
vBrawl: 3 frames (both)
Brawl+: 2 frames (both)
Magus saves the day.

Actually Falco, the 8 frame "powershield" was the window for the "near" powershield which we were experiencing with the first few shieldstun codes. It was fixed in the later versions

And I find it interesting that melee had a different PS window for projectiles than it did for attacks. Pretty cool.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Okay, I know I'm really late on the subject, and this would be better in the character forums, and I'll mention it there to if the subject arises, but concerning Silven's comment on my suggestion about changing Meta Knight's Up B knockback to vertical, I want to make clear that my suggestion was not intended to nerf Meta Knight, but rather loosen up some of the pressure of recovering from ridiculous distances, which is down right impossible for some characters, even more so, because Meta Knight can still safely chase people off stage.

IstariAsuka

Smash Cadet
It's neither 4 nor 8 frames in vBrawl.

Melee: 2 frames (projectiles); 4 frames (attacks)
vBrawl: 3 frames (both)
Brawl+: 2 frames (both)
Alright, so excuse my question if it sounds stupid...

Powershielding in vbrawl is hella easier than powershielding even attacks in melee. Unless I'm... insane.

Sooo... I know melee runs at 60fps, so does brawl only run at 30? So that 3 frames in vbrawl is 1/10th of a second, while the PSing for projectiles in melee was 1/30th? This would make sense and roughly fit into my perceived difficulty of PSing.

And if so, freaking lame that brawl runs at only 30fps.

Sukai

Smash Champion
30 fps wat, no.
Brawl runs at 60 too, 60 is ideal for these kind of games.
GBA games run at 30.
You can see the difference.
Basically fps doesn't determine the speed of the character, that's worked on based on the fps, so somethings were just redeveloped to move slower.
The higher the frames per second, the smoother the animation, but the more animations needed to not make it look like it's in fast forward.
Just a quick lesson on fps.

Flyfunner

Smash Rookie
can someone give me the Code Manager that can create gct's with more than 256 lines?
I'm a PAL player and cant test version 4.0 because there's no gct download yet...
Cant find anything else than code manager 1.1, that still has this 256 limit

V-K

Smash Ace
can someone give me the Code Manager that can create gct's with more than 256 lines?
I'm a PAL player and cant test version 4.0 because there's no gct download yet...
Cant find anything else than code manager 1.1, that still has this 256 limit
You just need the double GCT loader in the code folder and the plussery in the pf folder.

I could give you both GCT´s, if you like.

jalued

Smash Lord
i have been thikning alot about brawl+, how people are complaining that it is a bit too easy, and there is a limited amount of depth. i was wondering if it is possible to add stale moves to just kill moves (smash attacks generally), and leave all other moves alone. this would mean that u have to be abit more strategic about what moves u use, and would reduce spamming. and for all moves once the code comes into play that means the % goes stale but not the knockback. i think this is really needed in brawl+, there needs to be a bit more depth

i thought that stale moves was one of the best ideas in brawl, and since brawl+ is a combination of all the best parts of 64,melee and brawl, i really thing stale moves deserves to stay, just with a slight alteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom