• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think PS1 frozen and PS2 modified would be favorable to a giant gap randomly opening up and putting you into the abyss from the middle of the stage.

But eh. It's fine now. Just annoyingly glitchy.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Pokemon Stadium 1 Doesn't need freezing, it's a decent Counterpick stage for that reason.
It could be bigger though.

D

Deleted member

I might look into fixing the windmill later on. that aside, PS2 will stay frozen.

rather think about innovaative ways to make currently banned stages more playable, such as the spear pillar thing that wazs discussed some time ago.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Skyworld: Permanent bottom platform, permanently broken top platforms.
I think I made a similar argument about that.
I forgot the response, but it wouldn't work out.
Oh yeah, it affects too many attack patterns, certain projectiles and characters that bounce when they attack (Toon Link's Down Air) will become far too iffy to work with.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I might look into fixing the windmill later on. that aside, PS2 will stay frozen.

rather think about innovative ways to make currently banned stages more playable, such as the spear pillar thing that was discussed some time ago.
Agreed; more stage diversity would be a most valuable asset to the game right now.

Pictochat: decrease damage and knockback on those heavy-hitting hazards (rockets, side spikes, MAYBE the rolling cart as well).

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I actually think it would be better to freeze Pictochat. Maybe freeze it at the "ship" section, so there's two platforms, Yoshi's Island Style.

What about Port Town? That one section where there's two or three soft platforms, and the one small main platform with ledges. It has a similar setup as Brinstar.

I'm not sure what you can and can't do with stages, and I don't know of any more stages at the moment, but I'll look into it some more.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I actually think it would be better to freeze Pictochat. Maybe freeze it at the "ship" section, so there's two platforms, Yoshi's Island Style.
imo, more characters benefit from a normal Picto than a frozen one.

Plus do we need another neutral?

Hell, CSP was just released too.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Wait! Why freeze it?
Would freezing it make it more of a playable stage?
Would it get rid of the hazards, or the obstacles that happen therein?

the stages that aren't playable are banned, but the hazards are what makes the stages counterpicks. Neko is right, we have enough neutrals, seriously, there isn't any real reason to freeze some of these stages.

Revven

FrankerZ
If only there was a way to make the windmill in ps1 like melee's..

>_>
paprika_killer is going to be working on that windmill at some point. I'm hoping he can get it to work the way it used to (at least make it so you can walk through it... the collision part of it may be hard).

Also gaiz, we know we have to work on a few stages more (Port Town) we again, just don't have codes to do it. I dunno why you asked...

cman

Smash Ace
When are you planning to release another plusery set? This is almost two months out of date.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
question: once you put these codes on, can you "deactivate" them for people who don't want to play with them? I'm the only one out of my brothers who wants to play Brawl+.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
If you don't run the game through Homebrew/Gecko, the codes will not be on.
Run it through the normal disc channel, and it'll be the normal game.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
question; how do you get it so that you don't have to activate the codes everytime you want to play? is there some way you can keep them activated?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
but, no.... like i had "sheik can infinitely wall cling" on, and the next time i loaded it through GeckoOS, sheik couldn't wall cling indefinitely. Isn't there some way where the codes can always be active without having to activate them every time?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
wait....maybe i could just go ahead straight and load the game straight from GeckoOS? maybe that would work?

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I dunno if this is the place but.. My Brawl+ 4.0 won't work.
So, I use the Codemanager to do this(The GCT doesn't work either.)and then I select 'em all, and it yells at me for having over 256 lines, so I know it won't matter so I ignore it and save it to my SD card. So I start up GeckoOS 1.09 and go to the Boot Game or whatever. So it does it all fine, starts up and then it gives me a black screen and my wii wont respond to the Wii Mote, so I'm forced to turn it off.
---------
GCT Problem:
The exact same thing basically, 'cept when I load it a bunch of randomass numbers and stuff appear on screen after I boot my game, and then it says something like Code Dump.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Uh, I dunno if this is the place but.. My Brawl+ 4.0 won't work.
So, I use the Codemanager to do this(The GCT doesn't work either.)and then I select 'em all, and it yells at me for having over 256 lines, so I know it won't matter so I ignore it and save it to my SD card. So I start up GeckoOS 1.09 and go to the Boot Game or whatever. So it does it all fine, starts up and then it gives me a black screen and my wii wont respond to the Wii Mote, so I'm forced to turn it off.
---------
GCT Problem:
The exact same thing basically, 'cept when I load it a bunch of randomass numbers and stuff appear on screen after I boot my game, and then it says something like Code Dump.

http://web.me.com/shane_mulligan/Brawl+_Nightly_Builds/Welcome.html

:V

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Isn't the Nightly Build Kupo's set? Cause Kupo's set actually works for me, but I want to play Plussery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom