• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Did I have anything to do with that opinion? :laugh:

But yeah team attack off quickly turns into a spam fest and its even worse when your teammate dies and the other team still has two people.
Its about time you posted something LOL
And Yes YOU do have something to do with that statement.

So yea, its up to the players eventually but Team Attack On should be tourney standard. Always

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's no argument here. Team Attack will always be on at any reputable tournament and that is never going to change, period.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
And I thought the Bowser Challenge made Team Attack off a necessity.
well yeah, its 3 bowsers on FoD. image that with friendly fire, the bowsers would kill eachother more than the person taking the challenge.

plus, you're not supposed to win anyways lol

D

Deleted member

thing is you would need good bowser players at each tournament. my friend finished the bowser challenge once because me and the other two realy really suck at playing bowser.

3 level 9's would be a good alternative though. I was bored yesterday and tried a couple times, and my record was 3 stocks (playing the 5-19 set btw)

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
So I heard you were discussing Brawl+ and the official codeset?
Does anyone even play the offical code set anymore? Going by what another poster wanting a mailing list was saying, not even people new to B+ are using this set any more and instead are going for the nightly builds and getting all confused by somehow getting old versions of it.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone even play the offical code set anymore? Going by what another poster wanting a mailing list was saying, not even people new to B+ are using this set any more and instead are going for the nightly builds and getting all confused by somehow getting old versions of it.
thats because there all being "told" to go and get the nightlys....

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The nightly builds were well hidden from the public eye until a ton of people requested links to it.

That and most of the B+ tourneys have been using nightly builds.

<- guilty

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lol parsecs

I don't think I ever played the official version, and only played the nightly builds [hah, def guilty JCz]

oops?

Anyway...I got the "Metroid Gang" texture for PT and his pokemon, and when I used each wild pokemon, the textures worked fine. And then I chose PT with that texture [and I had all the .pac files in the right place too] and it was working, until I died. Then it automatically tried switching pokemon [or at least a Pokeball was opening up on the respawn platform].......and then it froze :( I guess the answer is "the .pac files are buggy" or something, right?

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
The nightly builds were well hidden from the public eye until a ton of people requested links to it.

That and most of the B+ tourneys have been using nightly builds.

<- guilty
That uh sounds real harmful to the B+ cause considering some sets have been farrrr from balanced. Mario's watergun comes to mind with one of them.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Apex and BtL, the 2 biggest B+ tourneys so far, both had very good solid builds used for them (released specifically for them in fact), so they got nothing but good publicity.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
First off, I'm sorry for posting that vid, it got us off topic. It still is hilarious. Now onto the discussion about Nightly Builds (which is stopping after my post)

Nightly Builds is being redesigned to a weekly or bi-weekly thing inbetween official releases. (I'm guessing thats next week) It was too many changes for players to keep up with on a daily basis. Also, for future tournaments we will be trying to get TOs to use official sets rather then Nightly Build sets. Brawl+ is still in development, so **** happens and theres not much we can do.

We have recognized that fact we haven't updated to an official release in a while and have instead assumed everyone would be checking the nightly builds, something we are hoping to change very soon. Now, please get back on topic about discussing the OFFICIAL codesets. If you think Extreme Speed is too good for Lucario, post it in the Nightly Builds cause that isn't in an official set yet. We will be redesigning the Plussery here soon to have a more professional and serious demeanor to it, so make sure you guys are ready.

Now, STOP TALKING ABOUT NIGHTLY BUILDS IN THE PLUSSERY!

Almas

Smash Lord
I've never heard of gamma, Jonny, but I doubt it. Gecko OS has certain features that make Brawl+ operate much more smoothly on it. I suppose using a different method of code-loading you could make it work.

Sukai

Smash Champion
In any case, I'll be strictly using the official codeset starting with the next one.
As much as I would like to get my say in about nightly build stuff, there are already way too many people doing that, but man, *sigh* I wanna contribute somehow!
My textures are pictureless an unnoticed and that's all I got. And no one will sit down and teach me the ropes to hex codes in Brawl. The Agenda thread doesn't explain enough either. It really does pose a problem. I might as well sit back and stick with official releases, realistically, I'm not offering any extra productivity to the nightly builds.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
First off, I'm sorry for posting that vid, it got us off topic. It still is hilarious. Now onto the discussion about Nightly Builds (which is stopping after my post)

Nightly Builds is being redesigned to a weekly or bi-weekly thing inbetween official releases. (I'm guessing thats next week) It was too many changes for players to keep up with on a daily basis. Also, for future tournaments we will be trying to get TOs to use official sets rather then Nightly Build sets. Brawl+ is still in development, so **** happens and theres not much we can do.

We have recognized that fact we haven't updated to an official release in a while and have instead assumed everyone would be checking the nightly builds, something we are hoping to change very soon. Now, please get back on topic about discussing the OFFICIAL codesets. If you think Extreme Speed is too good for Lucario, post it in the Nightly Builds cause that isn't in an official set yet. We will be redesigning the Plussery here soon to have a more professional and serious demeanor to it, so make sure you guys are ready.

Now, STOP TALKING ABOUT NIGHTLY BUILDS IN THE PLUSSERY!
Then this thread is pretty much worthless, considering how 35413514351 different things have been changed since 4.0. Really, feedback on 4.0 doesn't really help anymore, when the entire cast has had something about them edited between the transition (global changes ftw). Why you're telling people to give feedback on a very outdated set when the first thing they'll be told in response is to try the nightly build is beyond me.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Stage-related,

Instead of having Pkmn Stadium 2 frozen, would it be possible to prevent the awkward changes on every different stage? IE: Keeping the same gravity in the floaty zone, the floor of the lighting area not moving, etc.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Stage-related,

Instead of having Pkmn Stadium 2 frozen, would it be possible to prevent the awkward changes on every different stage? IE: Keeping the same gravity in the floaty zone, the floor of the lighting area not moving, etc.
tbh, I think everyone who plays B+ is waay to used to Frozen Pkmn 2 now for a sudden change. <_>

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
tbh, I think everyone who plays B+ is waay to used to Frozen Pkmn 2 now for a sudden change. <_>
I agree. even if you could alter it so the changes happen but the effects don't, how good would those stages be? the ice one is practically the same, the ground one would just promote more camping, and the floaty one has no platforms, and the electric one has really small platforms that get in the way more than they help.

it would be a useless change

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I agree. even if you could alter it so the changes happen but the effects don't, how good would those stages be? the ice one is practically the same, the ground one would just promote more camping, and the floaty one has no platforms, and the electric one has really small platforms that get in the way more than they help.

it would be a useless change
or an interesting counterpick for some characters?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
or an interesting counterpick for some characters?

errr...The change he proposes basically makes the stage changes pretty much cosmetic, except for 2 transformations. One turns the stage into FD and the other...is just meh.

That really wouldn't be a counter pick nor would it be worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom