• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
^Because of the fact all of this is beta codes you really aren't supose to be getting used to any particular physics system or in your case the buffer. If it can be proven that 10 frames is better than the old values for character development then I'm sure the switch back will be made. I don't know if you've looked in the code agenda thread but once momentum gets sorted out and gecko 2.0 arrives even more changes will occur to combos and what not.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'll be going to a small get together with 4-5 of my friends and I plan on bring Brawl+. Assuming that I don't forget (which is very possible) I will come back with lots of feed back on 3.2 as well as the momentum code.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
So if I go to the grab release thread on the Bowser forums, all the follow ups from his grab release will still work?

So what did the change do, exactly? I think the new formula for Bowser armor is much better. Bowser was immune too some chars jabs before lol.

TP

Smash Master
Wow, this has really come a long way since I last tried Brawl+. Are all those character specific changes really contained within 220 lines? Impressive. I might be willing to try Brawl+ again.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Why did you decrease the buffer for Brawl+? We're all used to the 10 frame buffer, and the new buffer just messes up timing of moves. It interferes with combos that I like doing, such as Diddy's dash attack to spike and G&W's down throw to down smash, and it's extremely annoying when I die because I'm used to buffering up-b.

Also, why no autosweetspot ledges? It just gives an advantage to the high tiers that are great at gimping/don't need to use the ledge much like MK, Snake, ROB, and DDD. Also, it's extremely hard to recover with Diddy, Ness, and Lucas without getting a smash to the face and sent off stage again. Edgeguarding with F-smash is actually reliable :ohwell:

Love Brawl+ so far. Hope it becomes usable in tournies.
Once you get used to the ledges it doesnt feel that bad even though that is true about top tiers not needing that code lol ( hey make it so meta cant grab the ledge jk jk)

Everyone doesnt use buffer you dont have to if you dont want to its depends on the person its preference imo

Rikana

Smash Champion
I've got a suggestion.

Why don't you have beta testers for each character? Someone who can go in depth for each character by playing him/her/it. Report what's wrong about it and see if the people agree or not? I'm not saying that the fans shouldn't respond, they should feel free to report/suggest things as well, but it makes it easier for the people making this project to have someone just focus on each character. It might be more organized and faster way of approaching the project's final stage.

I'm only assuming though.

I'm lovin' Brawl+ so far. Keep up the good work.

BEES

Smash Lord
I've staunchly used the 2-frame 1-line buffer code over the 1-frame. For some reason it makes a big difference. Really I think it should be 3-5 frames.

Also I like having the extra room for the pretty shields. Everything else about the codeset is standard 3.1 b+

Finns7

Smash Ace
I've got a suggestion.

Why don't you have beta testers for each character?
^ FOOLISHNESS if you dont main falcon gtfo plOx

seriously though it kinda has been like that, people who main (______) usually put in input to get the most out of there char in brawl+

And Bees ya i would use the buffer if the 3 to 5 didnt glitch/gay so I just use brawls, it might feel to foreign to newcomers.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Though there are characters that people hardly ever mention.

I don't think anyone said anything about Luigi, Peach, Lucario, Pikachu, or ROB. There are also several characters who are hardly ever mentioned, such as Shiek, G&W, Ivysaur, and Wario.

I know that Cyber mains G&W, but does anyone main any of the other characters?

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
Once you get used to the ledges it doesnt feel that bad even though that is true about top tiers not needing that code lol ( hey make it so meta cant grab the ledge jk jk)
I have gotten used to the ledges lol. I can line up recovering perfectly on a vertical line. I always have to recover on stage when recovering horizontally/diagonally and get punished for the landing lag.

Everyone doesnt use buffer you dont have to if you dont want to its depends on the person its preference imo
It's my preference (and many other people's) to use the buffer for certain moves.

storm92

Smash Ace

I don't think anyone said anything about Luigi, Peach, Lucario, Pikachu, or ROB. There are also several characters who are hardly ever mentioned, such as Shiek, G&W, Ivysaur, and Wario.

Luigi and Sheik main here.
We have several Peach users, they just don't post here as much as on the B+ forums.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Care to elaborate? If your not specific, you're much less likely to get your way.
Alright.

Bowser is no longer one of the good heavy weights.

He takes damage extremely easy even with the damage reduction.
He can't combo and get's comboed pretty bad.
With the new codeset, by trying to help him survive combo's, bowser lost his ability to survive to high %. I see lots of other characters surviving better then bowser and there supposed to be mid weights.

^B OoS needs boosting. I can't find it useful at all and am getting punished when I use it. It's also rarely useful (compared to Vbrawl) and is left as a decent move.

>B is a shadow of it's former self. Klaw hopping is brutal and will likely get you punished pretty bad. Approaching a spammer is really hard even with the extra protection.

VB has always been a decent move and it's pretty much the same.

Fire is the same I guess.

Smashes will likely never get pulled off with characters outranging and being far faster then it (both the move and character).

Grabs are useless and your better off using your^b OoS then actually grabbing your opponent when you want to switch and punish your opponent.

-:bowser:Bowser King

matt4300

Smash Ace
Alright.

With the new codeset, by trying to help him survive combo's, bowser lost his ability to survive to high %. I see lots of other characters surviving better then bowser and there supposed to be mid weights.

^B OoS needs boosting. I can't find it useful at all and am getting punished when I use it. It's also rarely useful (compared to Vbrawl) and is left as a decent move.

>B is a shadow of it's former self. Klaw hopping is brutal and will likely get you punished pretty bad. Approaching a spammer is really hard even with the extra protection.

VB has always been a decent move and it's pretty much the same.

Fire is the same I guess.

Smashes will likely never get pulled off with characters outranging and being far faster then it (both the move and character).

Grabs are useless and your better off using your^b OoS then actually grabbing your opponent when you want to switch and punish your opponent.

Agreed, not that I dont appreciate his thik skin. It just doesn't tackle his main weaknesses. There is but one way to fix bowser: make him all round Faster. this would fix just about all his problems. Spaceing, comboabilty, oos options, better punishing game, less punishable attacks. This seems like a quick easy way to balance the char. The only argument I have heard for it is "Bowser is suposed to be slow thats why hes so heavy" and its also the reason he blows. Bowser doesn't survive that well compared to many others in brawl+ so that is not an argument anymore. Theres no reason bowser shouldn't be faster...

Rikana

Smash Champion

seriously though it kinda has been like that, people who main (______) usually put in input to get the most out of there char in brawl+

And Bees ya i would use the buffer if the 3 to 5 didnt glitch/gay so I just use brawls, it might feel to foreign to newcomers.
lol I do main Falcon.

Anyways, I haven't been active enough to keep up with this topic, so I skipped many pages. There are many characters that aren't being looked at though. Olimar, Lucario, Wario, Yoshi, and the list can go on.

I don't know weather or not they're doing so well in Brawl+. I'm excited about this project, but I don't want it to be a game where only popular characters get all the attention and buffs/nerfs in the end. I know everyone's trying, but it might speed up the process as well if someone were to take responsibility in reporting a character's results in Brawl+ even if they don't main him/her/it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Speeding up the UpB wouldn't be too hard. Right now, the hitbox will sill come out on the 5th-ish frame (what's it?) but the move should travel faster and have less ending lag. Giza has the Action ID somewhere if somebody wants to play around with it.

I'm pretty sure this is the Action ID for Bowser's grounded Up-B attack (Thanks, Giza): 0B000117

You can add a quantity to speed it up by and throw it in the frame engine. Maybe start with 1.3ish? You could also play around with smashes, but they'll have the same problem until the hitbox-thing gets fixed.

Edit: Hey backroom, any love for Yoshi yet?

Adapt

Smash Lord

Luigi is really good from what I can tell, dthrow>shoryuken works on every character at killing percentages. utilt combos well into many moves, as well as nair

Haven't played peach. lucario or ROB yet... but pikachu can be very good, his aerials work well together.

Sheik is good as one might expect, and I don't play the rest

Finns7

Smash Ace
I have gotten used to the ledges lol. I can line up recovering perfectly on a vertical line. I always have to recover on stage when recovering horizontally/diagonally and get punished for the landing lag.

It's my preference (and many other people's) to use the buffer for certain moves.

O you get me wrong im for no 1 or 0 buffer i use brawls default at 10

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Alright.

Yeah, characters like Falcon and even Marth in some cases can survive longer than Bowser and that just feels wrong.

Though I will say I like the new armor for Bowser. I still don't know if he really needs it but it is a huge improvement over the last one. So many moves were just useless on Bowser and it is good to see that taken away, while he still gets the reduction from heavier hitting moves.

BEES

Smash Lord

I did use Brawl's 10 frame buffer until very recently. Figured I would try to acclimate to something everyone else is using.

I oppose 0 buffer on principle. Having some buffer improves the gameplay. Makes it feel more fluid. Proper fighting games have always had a buffer, and it's one of the improvements Brawl made over Melee, in my opinion.

I recognize that 10 was designed for a slower game though, and it becomes very awkward with faster physics.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Well people converting from brawl will be used to brawls. 10 to 1 is a big jump, I would recomend a working 5 but the code glitches up, so i stick with default. I feel the opposite I think 10 makes the game faster but w/e its wat ur used to.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Well people converting from brawl will be used to brawls. 10 to 1 is a big jump, I would recomend a working 5 but the code glitches up, so i stick with default. I feel the opposite I think 10 makes the game faster but w/e its wat ur used to.
Um, the game as a whole feels extremely different from Brawl. I don't see the point of sticking to 10 buffer because "1 feels too alien". No ASL feels alien, momentum feels alien, hitstun feels alien. I see very few people calling to remove these.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Um, the game as a whole feels extremely different from Brawl. I don't see the point of sticking to 10 buffer because "1 feels too alien". No ASL feels alien, momentum feels alien, hitstun feels alien. I see very few people calling to remove these.
I like my ASL, but momentum and hitstun make the game more interesting. Why would anyone complain about those?

You need to find a better analogy (such as powershield window) The reduction codes make the game more challenging, but less fun, so naturally there are people who don't want to use them.

storm92

Smash Ace
I play with 1 Buffer, and really don't mind either setting too much (10 or 1/0), but I think the best here would be for something between 3-5.
We can compromise on this.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I really am against 1-0 buffer. I play default 10 right now as well but even I think that is too much in +

I REALLY want the code to be fixed so we can play something like 5 frame buffer. Dam glitch's

Finns7

Smash Ace
@ GPDP, those are diff, people will complain when they have to relearn there timings, most are skeptical already about brawl+, and the buffer of that degree shouldnt be forced on people if they dont want it. If we did have a buffer I would say use 5 but its glitchy above 1 so idk.

As of now i use 10, its easier to transition to brawl+ and VBrawl and not have to reajust to the timings

Revven

FrankerZ
Has anyone even tried the new buffer code Almas shaved lines off of with higher frames? All this glitch with frames above 1 except 0 and 10 has been around since the FIRST code was out. Did any of you try higher values on any of the other buffer codes? You could at least try higher frames before assuming it still has the same glitches. >_>

Finns7

Smash Ace
like 2 weeks ago when you told me to try it out, it still made you do random things, and the people i brawl+ with tell me that they dont like 1 buffer ( they play VB too), Im not saying 1 buffer you cant do **** but it doesnt even fix the crouch and it only makes you have to relearn your timings.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Luigi is really good from what I can tell, dthrow>shoryuken works on every character at killing percentages. utilt combos well into many moves, as well as nair

Haven't played peach. lucario or ROB yet... but pikachu can be very good, his aerials work well together.

Sheik is good as one might expect, and I don't play the rest
If the opponent were to use DI, could they avoid the Shoryuken? If it's guaranteed, its very OP.

Guaranteed setup into a move that kills at around 50-60% seems ridiculous.

@abcool: Does it work consistently?

abcool

Smash Ace
from what i have seen yes. but my c-stick sometimes doesn't input a command. i doubt its the stick it may just be me. anyway overall it's all i use

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
There's a problem with Marth, he can't double F-Air anymore...
His F-Air is stuck between Melee and Brawl at the moment. He can't double it, but he doesn't land as quickly as in melee, which leaves him wide open...and hard to combo.

abcool

Smash Ace
yes he can double fair u just have to do it EXACTLY like u did in melee. jump then use the a button for the first fair and keep DI*ing back then use the c-stick for the next. i mean u can use a for both i just use it like that for personal perference. it's more skill based now. remember this is at 3 buffer. 1 is a ***** to do it at.

i also wanna just say that if u trying to follow someone DI it is gonna be harder to use.

Adapt

Smash Lord
If the opponent were to use DI, could they avoid the Shoryuken? If it's guaranteed, its very OP.

Guaranteed setup into a move that kills at around 50-60% seems ridiculous.

@abcool: Does it work consistently?
You have to properly predict where they are going to DI because it just barely works, but I think it's doable

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So...

Lucario's roll. Thoughts?

I think the vulnerability frames need to be lengthened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom