• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The C-Stick Compendium - A Comprehensive Guide

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Quick question, do you think it is possible to use these interuptions to interupt an attack, somehow? I have been experimenting with Pivot Walking and ledges. When you Pivot Walk at (or approaching) a ledge, the Pivot animation keeps you at the ledge until it's completed. In other words, the Pivot Walk can be used as a "ledge stall".
When stalling, you can buffer things like attacks, specials, and DI. Other things like grabs, and smashes can be buffered, but when paired with DI, grabs become air dodges and and smashes become aerials.
Do you think it's possible to perform an aerial smash, if you time a smash attack correctly? Or is there some kind of collision box over ride that could prevent this from ever happening?
No, the Smash attack will cancel whatever direction momentum you chose to input, buffering wouldn't matter, you just wouldn't fall off. As far as I'm currently aware, the only way to throw an aerial smash attack is to release a smash attack just before whatever platform you are standing on disappears beneath you (such as on Rainbow Cruise), and I cannot recall if the entire animation of the Smash attack continues.

EDIT: I tested this recently, your Smash attack animation will cancel. That's awesome for laggy smash attacks, with post lag, but there is currently no way to use a Smash attack in the air at all.

Top Bottom