• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Match-Up General Discussion ~ Week 21 (?)

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
shut up teran you gay ******

i hate you go die in a hole full of *****es cuz you wud like that wudnt u hahahaha fgt

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Will, don't think I don't know it's you.

You better watch your back next tournament, and that means a lot coming from a GAY ***GOT like me amirite?

Lol.

U gonna get *****.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
rofl, thinking Ramzeh is Willz XDXD
Ramzeh is semi-fat irl.

okay but this is like a 80:20 MU you *****es get camped the **** out of you.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ramzeh is semi-fat irl.

Yeah, I have the power of IP checks.

Shut up Guus and leave this place, you have no business here but to troll, so get out.

PZ

Smash Lord
Should I help cuz I never ever played tink b4 via cpu so ik nothing much but I always space now a days regardless of my ability to play actual ppl. On bf I believe any mu for falcon is winnable if you can get w/e character in the air.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Ramzeh is semi-fat irl.

You met me when i chubbones, too bad you stupid white *** trash ******* wont go chilling no more

stupid white **** white **** **** white

you hurt my feelings ):

datfat

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Zair doesn't shut down Falcon at all. In fact, it doesn't shut down ANYONE at all. It used to, and then people found out how to get around it D=.
This is pretty much what I would like to believe. Assuming you don't let yourself get ***** by projectiles, catch bombs on reaction, handle the Z-air intelligently, and don't jump into random disjointed aerials, this matchup should be pretty awesome for Falcon.

By awesome, I mean well, if you catch TL shielding, you can pressure him really hard since his shieldgrab sucks and Falcon's autojab ***** his spotdodge (which is identical in frames to Falco's iirc). And TL is SO BAD at getting out of Falcon's juggles. He's floaty and like the perfect weight to be repeatedly juggled by U-airs. His D-air sucks and is easy for Falcon to punish. Like his best option to stop Falcon from juggling is a bomb toss basically lol.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
And TL is SO BAD at getting out of Falcon's juggles. He's floaty and like the perfect weight to be repeatedly juggled by U-airs. His D-air sucks and is easy for Falcon to punish. Like his best option to stop Falcon from juggling is a bomb toss basically lol.
Yea TL is floaty, though I think hes got a couple decent options to get out of juggles.

Other than Dair or bomb tossing, TL can
Airdodge and then Zair out of his Airdodge when your in range.
Invinci-Bomb. <- This should pretty much cover most of his landings.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, I'm aware of airdodging -> Z-air. I just think it isn't very good against Falcon because of his fall speed and the range of his U-air. Thanks to Falcon's fall speed (and run speed as well), it's not hard for him to punish TL's D-air either.

And true while it's a good deal harder in general for Falcon to follow up on TL when he has a bomb, it's an option you can't assume he's always going to have since he first needs the time to pull a bomb, which he won't if Falcon is first juggling him.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Well, I assume TL Zair outranges CF's Uair, since Zair outranges a couple of things. (Marths Fair lol). Also since TL can move away while airdodging and Zairing.

TL also should almost never use Dair, unless hes sure it'll hit.

And actually its quite reasonable to assume TL has a bomb. After being hit, he can pull out a bomb while flying away, and CF has no chance to catch up to him before he pulls it out. If he isn't hit far away enough, he could always just jump.

Otherwise this is probably one of the better situations for CF. Other than being right up close to TL on the ground. The only problem is actually getting into this situation.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Objectively speaking Falcon is a better juggler than Marth due to his physics. Just saying.

At high percents, yes TL is more likely to have time to pull a bomb to deter Falcon's juggles. Around low to moderate percents, Falcon's throw setups however aren't going to leave much time for TL to do much.

The way I see the matchup is that provided Falcon finds a way in, TL is a pretty easy target for him to combo to relatively high damage due to his floatiness. That's pretty much all I'm trying to say.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
^Agreeing with this guys.

Ratio guys? I'm sticking with 40-60, an average Falcon MU... not as hard as the likes of Luigi and such.

60:40
One character has clearly better tools in the matchup.
However, the other character does have responses him,
and the matchup is still winnable through outplaying the opponent
or out spacing his tools and countering with the weaker ones well placed.

^^ Fits this match-up perfectly.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
40 : 60

If the TL knows how to camp like a ***got, 35 : 65

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Delete this thread, captain falcon doesn't exist in brawl, only a genetically gone wrong version of him exists there.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Okay this is getting derailed xD

Gonna hold a vote for Tink's ratio. 40-60 or 35-65, I reeaaally don't consider it 35-65 but if that's what you guys think vote for it and we'll see.

65:35
One character has options that shut down the other's options.
Counterpicking should be considered, but it's not completely unwinnable,
but rather simply requires one player to far outplay the other.

My vote goes to 40-60. Btw, we're gonna discuss Yoshi at their boards so we're discussing Yoshi now I guess.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
60 : 40 , going by the points you listed.

Theres nothing Falcon absolutely can't get around, and it doesn't actually take much more than running and powershielding.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
I play a Yoshi quite regularly. Lavlis, top(/only?) Yoshi player in the Netherlands. He's a cool guy, with more tricks up his sleeve than you can imagine. He's that low tier player that robs n00by players of any hope and he laughs his way through your ****ty defense.

60-40 Yoshi favor.

Projectiles, we can't beat eggs except shielding or rushing in.. to his mouth DO NOT WANT..
Combo ability. BAir's a *****, and we have the misfortune of being the heaviest fastfaller. U/FTilt knocks us up. Every good Yoshi will CAPITALIZE on this.
Killing abilty, Yoshi kinda lacks in this department with his slow smashes. But UAir and NAir are enough to end us easily. And besides these 2 he has even more options. Bleugh.
He has a guaranteed Chaingrab > Spike/USmash on us, and his (pivot)grab while laggy, still outranges everything except FKick. But that's a bad option anyways. Grab release also sets up positioning that's excellent for him. For us? Not so much. Also, his DJ Heavy Armor > our flub knee. He also recovers with no problem if we manage to grab him out of his DJ.

more stuff like offstage crap/counterpicks/falcon is manlier but

im lazy

6:4 Y

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I thought you guys had already made up your minds on this? Wasn't it agreed on 55-45 Yoshi's favor?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I read that entire thread and I also agreed with that percentage.

Do we have to call the yoshis here now? Lol

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Please don't. I would say something, then they would take it way out of context and mis-interpret my post and flame me.

55:45
No character has a true solid advantage, but one has seemingly better/easier tools,
or one character profits more from winning a rock/paper/scissors guessing game.

55:45 makes way more sense than 60-40... I guess I can explain my reasoning in a sec.

Top Bottom