• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
yes that helped a lot. thx
if i dont forget, ill report how my next clash vs yoshi/jiggs at a lt tournament went.
maybe i can get some replays,too.

Labernash

Smash Lord
ohmguh. I understand now.

Would it be a bad idea to drop Wario to main Captain Falcon?

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
How on earth does Ally do a Uair immediately out of a short hop, like at the speed of a Gannon thunderstomp?
I know someone told me he just moves his fingers really really fast to do this... but I can't imagine how that's humanly possible. Surely there's some trick or finger positioning to make it easier.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
or you guys could be boss like me and be like

x->up+r (attack)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Or you can be the coolest like me and use the side of your index finger to press X and your thumb to press C up the moment you leave the ground.

Or you can simply do as Lux once said : tilt the A stick up a little, and slide your thumb from Y to A. The tilting is specific but you can tell if you're doing it wrong.
If you Nair instead of Uair you didn't tilt it enough,
If you Usmash you tilted it too much.

IMO getting the timing of jump to C up is easier, but every option is viable.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Oooor you could just enable tap jump.

I kid, I kid... I actually have the same problem, Pktck :p I need to practice that.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Heh. Yeah Biglord, it's a tough technique to get down. i ended up going with Calvo's method, and made L attack. it's working out ok. I found I can't really control my index enough to consistently shorthop so I could do the the X (index finger) and C-stick up method (thumb).

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I never use the L button either. Maybe I should do the same as you too, my game will probably improve :)

I usually just tried to move my fingers real fast, haha... not exactly reliable.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
xD Lol Calvo.

But yeah, this actually does help a lot! You can almost always follow up a down throw with this quick Uair, and on taller characters you can use it to approach. It's nice.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i discovered this method when i learned to dacus with snake lolololololol

then i set y to attack and discovered dash->jump-Falcon dive is awesome

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
I've seen some people try it... it ends poorly as a sex kick usually stops it from happening, and only if the falcon dive can even reach the kick.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
iirc, I think Lordy hates Raptor Boost -> Falcon Dive, calls it a nooby combo lol. Thing is, it doesn't even work most of the time :p

Raptor Boost -> Feint Jump(forces an airdodge) -> Fastfall -> Jump again -> Knee/Uair. Eff yeah.

Top Bottom