• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
****e guys! Tell me if I should make a thread about this.

Okay, do fooling around with knees goodness combo, I thought to myself, why can't I AC a dair, instead of foot-stooling? Well, I tried it out and it looks like I can FHN>ACdair>jab>grab. I don't have a human right now, but it seems like it could work, right?
I know we can only get R.O.B. in the bair lock, but first hit nair, since it has set knock back seems ripe for potential combos. At least pseudo combos... am I right?

Player-3

Smash Hero
****e guys! Tell me if I should make a thread about this.

Okay, do fooling around with knees goodness combo, I thought to myself, why can't I AC a dair, instead of foot-stooling? Well, I tried it out and it looks like I can FHN>ACdair>jab>grab. I don't have a human right now, but it seems like it could work, right?
I know we can only get R.O.B. in the bair lock, but first hit nair, since it has set knock back seems ripe for potential combos. At least pseudo combos... am I right?
knee made a thread on FHN

its...somewhere

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I mean, would I post my video in the Falcon Video thread, create a new thread separately, or post this in one of the critque my Falcon threads?
There's some "Rate My Falcon" thread intended for everyone (so that people don't keep making new ones). You can put them there. I put the Falcon Favor stuff in the video thread usually not too long after I upload it (you can put them in before me if you want next time; I just did it for all the ones I got).

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Didn't post here in a while but 'found out' something I wasn't aware of while playing Douglas a few days ago... as I say this might be VERY OLD news to all the pro Falcons so I decided to just post it here instead of making a topic.

Short hop dair will always nipple launch people standing on the lower platforms of battlefield, this is actualy pretty cool since nipple launch is actualy a good killer, it also work on the side platforms of Lylat cruise but not the middle one I think. Similarly, full hopping it while starting the move as soon as you jump will always nipple launch people standing on the platform on Smashville.

Sorry if this is super old stuff.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Didn't post here in a while but 'found out' something I wasn't aware of while playing Douglas a few days ago... as I say this might be VERY OLD news to all the pro Falcons so I decided to just post it here instead of making a topic.

Short hop dair will always nipple launch people standing on the lower platforms of battlefield, this is actualy pretty cool since nipple launch is actualy a good killer, it also work on the side platforms of Lylat cruise but not the middle one I think. Similarly, full hopping it while starting the move as soon as you jump will always nipple launch people standing on the platform on Smashville.

Sorry if this is super old stuff.
needs moar utilt

but its still nice to know if you like to spam utilt on battlefield like me (my favorite stage nless im playing marth)

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
needs moar utilt

but its still nice to know if you like to spam utilt on battlefield like me (my favorite stage nless im playing marth)
Yeah I use utilt to rack damage a lot so it get stale, and landing a nipple launch like this could actualy get a 'low' % ko if they don't expect it or something.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
yes he is ok played melee for 2 days then played with captian falcon and you tell he's not faster
Like I said before: While there are small things Brawl CF can do faster he is still much slower than in Melee, along with any other veteran fighter.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
What are Falcon's viable OoS options?
Falcon Dive is good for opponents above you (like on platforms), but not really useful if you block/powershield an attack by someone next to you. Dair OoS is ok, but I only use it when an opponent is getting up from the ledge, since it beats ledge attacks and can spike them offstage wtih good timing, although it's not that useful. Falcon doesn't really have anything fast OoS that can punish opponents that are close to him.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Mindgames > Fast

=D

Meta Knight (TKONTK EDIT: FAST<--)
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon (TKONTK EDIT: MINDGAMES <--)
Link
Ganondorf
^Fast>mindgames^ :pimp:

Zeallyx

All I was saying is that beeing fast gets you higher on the tier list than having to use mindgames/possess good mindgame potential, in respondse to wogrim, as he said that mindgames>fast, which I dont agree with :pimp:

Zeallyx

Depends on what type of speed you are talking about. But generally I have to side with Wogrim on this one.
There's nothing to agree or dissagree with, as I am talking about (which was also what it was about, as I understood it) the quickness of moves, as in, when the attacks first hitbox 'appears'.

And having said quickness gets you further than having to use mindgames/mindgame potential.

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
i gave up on falcon and i know our friendship is down the drain..but im asking him for his hand once again(no homo) he told me that the only way i could play with him(no homo) was to know his aproaches..can someone PLEASE tell me them..

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I approach with the soft knee all the time. You can use bair, AC dair, nair, and even uair to approach if you want to get fancy. Running a also works.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
There's nothing to agree or dissagree with, as I am talking about (which was also what it was about, as I understood it) the quickness of moves, as in, when the attacks first hitbox 'appears'.

And having said quickness gets you further than having to use mindgames/mindgame potential.
Mindgame potential can over come if the character is fast. Lolzerz.

& properties of a good move kids, memorize them.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Mindgame potential? Wouldn't everyone have that? Like, some people may underestimate Falcon, but MK is going to intimidate those same opponents. I really think the term "mindgame" is overused and misleading.

And I think bair is Falcon's best approach. Nair isn't bad as long as you use it at maximum range (if you miss, you shouldn't get hit anyway).

Top Bottom