• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Actually I pretty much agree with lordhelmet about dragging down the board. Whatever suits you best, I guess. We need Darky-Sama back btw.

Question: why do you come here if you don't like to play brawl/don't main falcon anymore? Is it the knowledge you have of the game?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
quick question about C Falcons DACUS

-Its short :D
-Hyphen Smash is longer

but can't the Dacus be used as a mindgame or Momemtum Cancel ? if you run, and you see your opponent running at you as well, DACUS, and if theyre still running for some reason theyll get hit

i dont think anyone else is gonna think its a good idea, but ive been doing it to pull mindgames on friends who think im going to Hyphen Smash. They end up running into it while trying to pivot grab >.>

lordhelmet

Smash Master
The DACUS can work for "mindgames" but it's only real use would be for picking up Diddy's bananas or something. Not to mention it has fairly strict timing.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Never thought of using DACUS to mindgame someone, lol. But I still think it's not really worth it. There are better options.

Yung Mei

The DACUS can work for "mindgames" but it's only real use would be for picking up Diddy's bananas or something. Not to mention it has fairly strict timing.
Never thought of using DACUS to mindgame someone, lol. But I still think it's not really worth it. There are better options.
me and my friends are such scrubs :ohwell:

seriously though, when i did the Dacus, they were freaking out, since they didnt know that basically ever character has one :D

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No it's not hard :
1-run,
2-quarter circle the control stick from forward to down,
3-while you do it slide your thumb from Y to A
4-don't fastfall
5-just before landing start buffering
6-land with no lag
7-????
8-Profit

Doesn't work on YI and other non horizontal grounds (like lylat or halberd).

Yung Mei

If you do it correctly you can land AFTER the move is done. But it's hard.
No it's not hard :
1-run,
2-quarter circle the control stick from forward to down,
3-while you do it slide your thumb from Y to A
4-don't fastfall
5-just before landing start buffering
6-land with no lag
7-????
8-Profit

Doesn't work on YI and other non horizontal grounds (like lylat or halberd).
i tried buffering it seems alot harder than it is.... and i dont think im doing it right lol

Yung Mei

anyone know where i can find the Captain/Pit matchup ratio?
9000+ : -99999999999999999999999999 with captain falcon in advantage

oh wait, thats the Manly ratio, the matchup ratio, i don't know sorry

EDIT: woops double post my bad lol

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
We're still discussing the match-ups for Captain Falcon, isn't there a research of sorts over at the Pit boards?

@teluoborg: thanks, never thought of doing that, lol sounds very street fighter-esque.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
We're still discussing the match-ups for Captain Falcon, isn't there a research of sorts over at the Pit boards?
we started a matchup thread a while ago. but it wasnt finished and i guess people lost interest. so were starting a new one. were probably discussing the first three characters right now.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Actually I pretty much agree with lordhelmet about dragging down the board. Whatever suits you best, I guess. We need Darky-Sama back btw.

Question: why do you come here if you don't like to play brawl/don't main falcon anymore? Is it the knowledge you have of the game?
*facepalm*

As for your question, mainly to point and laugh @ you guys.

You guys crack me up.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
-Indeed, we're hilarious, aren't we?
-Completely random, but I'm back from NYC.
-Falcon vs. Pit actually seems accurate as 40:60.

Also; I recommend SH air dodge for picking up bananas.
Falcon's DACUS isn't all that good from my knowledge.

++ Easier way to SH Dair without landing lag.
Claw Style.

Left Hand: Held Normally.
Right Thumb: Placed on the C-Stick.
Right Index Finger: Curled up over the Y button.
Right Middle Finger: Placed on Z or R.
Right Ring Finger: Placed on R (optionally).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ledge cancelling into aerials ? Yesz, and it's mostly impractical.

Cancelling grounded Falcon Kick lag into other moves ? No, but I'm highly interested.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Seems like I'm late to the party, but I don't give a ***** ****!!!!!!!!!

back in my day noone *****ed and we all had a party here because there was no mod and people realized falcon has nothing to find, and is only useable if you are a very smart player

so we all got drunk and ****ed some hoes

n' stuf
This is the truth. We were so happy whenever we found a discover at all. We knew that falcon would never be anything good and so we just enjoyed ourselves. Every discovery was a celebration. And Me, 2Knee, P-3, and Ramzeh were the masters of ceremonies.

Congrats, guys. You three have officially dragged the boards down to where we were last year.
live it up or give it up ***** there isn't any up or down anymore. we know our ****. so does everyone else! *****
hahahahahahhahahahaha

says the guy who thinks falcon vs wario is 60-40, if not 55-45.

gtfo noob.

Also, <3Darx&Ramz
Mad love <3

You have it backwards, Knee.

:falcon: 40 - 60 :wario:
still bull****

No we don't! That ***** never did anything more than what the 4 of us did
we got **** done and we partied on the beach
you all are butthurt like a kid who sat naked on a porky-pine

yeah im havin a laugh right now

So LordHelmet, relax.... and trust us...... you just need to cut loose... cause the work will get done....and you'll all enjoy it...
everything was fine untill the ****** mods came and crashed our ****

Lordylordy: You a scrub untill you learn out wayz!!!!!! know that. this aint just trolling, its called

partayin

If I was in Knees position, I would have also left. But I'd come back to visit my homebros, have a good time, and see whether or not you all are right or wrong
and if you all think that wario falcon is 40:60 then you wrong
so we laugh

<Knee P3 and Ramzeh
throw it up hit em up!!!!!!
WESSSSSTTTTT SSSSSSIIIIIIDDDDDEEEE BBBBAAABBBBBYYY!!!! BBBBBBIIIAAAATTCCHHH!

this is probably my last big post for now guys im gonna hang around for a couple of more day and then im out again

-DarXy Baby

lordhelmet

Smash Master
K.

I don't mind you guys, I like most of you. But something has to be done about your senseless trolling. Get more like me and troll the MTG forums, NOT the Falcon Boards

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Like me and DMG were discussing; if Wario didn't have the chaingrab on Falcon, we would actually consider the match-up higher than 40:60.

Sadly that's not the case, so it's basically a "don't get grabbed" match.
35:65 -> 40:60 Wario's favor.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
YoshQ has a really unique way of using Falcon's jab.
He actually uses 1-1-1-1 very effectively.

Personally I just go 1-1-Grab or 1-2-Grab.

Which reminds me. Today I was doing jab cancel -> upward directed ftilt and it was hitting just about everytime. I doubt it's 100% guaranteed, but it's still pretty decent.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
I use pivoting 1-1-1 jabs. Jab hits behind falcon too, and when they see you turn around, they try to DI the other way. If you turn around again, they be like wtf

Winnar

Smash Lord
I dunno if jab cancelling is a real thing <_< I think it might just be doing things after the lag of a jab is over

But if it is real then you just press down or something else after jabbing and you can do anything else afterwards

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Nah, it's mainly just the animation of Falcon trying to crouch when you press down. The jab animation stops, the crouch animation cuts him out of the jab animation so it doesn't continue {1-2-3-4}, and it allows you to restart the jab animation over from the beginning. That, or you could wait a split second after for it to naturally restart when Falcon stops moving, but that's a bit too risky because it gives the opponent an extra 5-8 frames to pull up a shield or something.

It's sorta like Ganondorf's side+B -> Down Tilt.

You can make it so that combo's 100% guaranteed on certain characters by holding down on the control stick slightly so Ganondorf doesn't enter the crouching frames before doing the tilt. The down tilt just comes out, giving him about ... maybe 4 frames to spare.

Though most people don't really understand or care about frame-rate; it's pretty good knowledge to have in situations like this. lol

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I actually don't cancel most of my jabs, at least not most of the time. Trying to bait a sidestep or airdodge or whatever. Even a roll.

I need to cancel them more often, though. It can be a bad thing if not done properly.

Another question: when you find yourself against an unknown player (but you know he's good), what do you do? Does your style change?

Top Bottom