• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Charizard Social: Merry Switchmas!

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
I dunno, I find his down taunt to be great when you knock an opponent off the stage and they miraculously survive. It's a pissed-off "just die already" roar and stomp - nothing is more fitting.

Besides, Charizard's best taunt is clearly his idle animation. Stand still for a few seconds to get that sweet flame loogie if you truly want to dig into the other players' nerves.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Side Taunt is so smarmy.

Any Charizard players want to play either version?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Played on For Glory today and came across a rare matchup; a Charizard mirror match.
My opponent was actually pretty decent. She even did a Nair into Jab combo, a sign that she knows her stuff.

First time I ever fought a respectable Zard on For Glory.
To think that I'm not the only half-decent For Glory Charizard Scrub out there just warms my heart.

Last edited:

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Just played Jerm on Stream. That was so hype. Played Pikachu on game 1 and Charizard on game 2. It went better when I picked Charizard. He 2 stocked on game 1 (I got caped on my second stock) and it was so close on game 2. Went Dragon Rush and Rock Hurl, because he was playing Mario and I know he is a combo heavy character. We both were at high percents and I got up smashed

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I voted Ivysaur and Squirtle.

If none of you voted or will vote that, then I consider you traitors.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I voted Squirtle. My favorite video game character. I keep getting trolled so hard. First I can play him but he's attached to two others with a god awful mechanic. And then they take him out of the next game when he would have been solo by necessity... Pls vote Squirtle. He would be so good in this game.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
Any and all Zard fans are welcome.
Welcome to our relatively inactive fan club.
Yay!

I remember being excited for Charizard when Brawl came, but I wasn't really impressed with him :(

When he was revealed as a solo character for Sm4sh, I was psyched! That Flare Blitz is beautiful! Well... I wasn't blown away by his playstyle in this game either...

...until recently...

I don't know what has changed, but everything has clicked very well together, and Zard feels amazing to me! I wanted to share with you guys that I played FG with him and I wiped the floor with about 80% of my opponents. Low tier? Allegedly 'the worst' character? Don't think so. If anything it just hit me that Charizard can be a sleeper character, and can dominate top tier characters... I did! And don't you know I saved some of those beautiful replays! Lol!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A lot of people here seem to think Charizard is better then most people make it out to be. While I'm doubting he'll be top-tier because of his glaring flaws, I do think that even some of the worst characters stand a chance to kick some real tail in this game. I just can't get enough of his juggle and out-of-shield games, and Flamethrower can be incredible if used correctly.

On a different note...I woke up this morning to find a Charizard hat atop of my Easter Basket.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
A lot of people here seem to think Charizard is better then most people make it out to be. While I'm doubting he'll be top-tier because of his glaring flaws, I do think that even some of the worst characters stand a chance to kick some real tail in this game. I just can't get enough of his juggle and out-of-shield games, and Flamethrower can be incredible if used correctly.

On a different note...I woke up this morning to find a Charizard hat atop of my Easter Basket.
I only do for the fact every community voted lists puts him at the bottom or second bottom.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
Charizard is severely underrated, I've been experimenting with him, and I am winning 75% or more of my For Glory matches.

Just from experimenting, I've found that he may be one of the characters I like playing with.

I have a lot of confidence in For Glory when I choose Charizard.

Take that tier list

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I voted Ivysaur and Squirtle.

If none of you voted or will vote that, then I consider you traitors.
I wasn't aware you could vote more than once ( i figured they'd have some IP restrictions in place to prevent multiple votes from the same device )

I only voted Ivysaur :c

:006:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the different social threads and post my silhouettes for that character...

So even though Charizard is a dirty traitor I hope you guys enjoy them!

[collapse=The Good Ol' Days]

[/collapse]

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
Where can I get shirts of these? I'm throwing money at my computer screen but nothing is happening!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Zard mains wanna play?

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Can I just say that Zard's F-Smash is sneaky and I love it (although Zard doesn't get a lot of options to be sneaky). It doesn't even look like a F-smash sometimes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom