• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dating Advice Thread

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Christ, that post was complete nonsense. A little flirting means nothing. If I did stuff with every person I flirted with, I'd have every disease in the book AND be bisexual.

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Christ, that post was complete nonsense. A little flirting means nothing. If I did stuff with every person I flirted with, I'd have every disease in the book AND bisexual.
Take that last part and run with it, then call me.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Hey now. Even though I've renounced my feelings and burned all of the poems I've written for this person, you don't have to call her stupid and act like that man. There's no need. This is the Pool Room, a place literally designed to be chill and stuff.
Yeah you are correct. There is something about Envy I just don't like and she wrote offended me, but what I said was uncalled for.

@Envy: I'm sorry.

AAkacia

Smash Cadet
Well, whoever did it (and I think I have an idea...), I thank you! This was unexpected but appreciated! :)

I pretty much agree with most of what you said, here.

The only thing I disagree with, and this is what I've been trying to say since we started with this, is that I wouldn't call it an "overwhelming" majority. You can definitely say it's a majority, but at least from my experiences so far, it's not really as overwhelming as you seem to think.

9 times out of 10, yes. I've still found the occasional person who's only looking for casual dating, but are still mostly interested in having common interests with the other person, as opposed to a chase. This isn't very common but I've seen it happen. Kind of like a "friends with benefits" situation with much more emphasis on the "friends" part.

It's tricky though because the only reason I saw those edits to two of your posts was because I just happened to scroll up. Otherwise I wouldn't have known they existed.
And, I don't really see what's so bad about your mindset. You haven't really said anything, yet, that I'd think negatively of or find offensive!

It isn't really that I said something negative or offensive, it's that when whoever you're arguing with disagrees, but both sides have valid points, people tend to get angry. It makes me sad because typically this happens right before they're about to say something that I don't already know. Turns out that the extra information that they use to provide support for their stance on the argument is emotion and not that extra tidbit of information I always crave to hear.

Who knew the friend zone was an observation someone comes to make a posteriori to missing out on getting intimate with that posterior.
I like you.

When it comes to romance, It's all Greek to me.
A lot.

On topic: The girl I mentioned before who lives back home, and I made our relationship official. I am going to visit home next month(or maybe July) to spend time with her and see if this has potential to be long term.
My last relationship was like this. It had and still has potential for long term (especially after this past week ;) )
Now I know for a fact that in that particular end to one of my relationships, it wasn't because I'm boring. She just legitimately cannot do long distance. The night before I left, she was crying about how much she loved me and yadayadayada she was upset that I lived so far.

@ Froggy Froggy Be prepared for this. If you aren't willing to live there in the future, and she isn't willing to move away, it's going to suck and you'll have to face that fact eventually. On the bright side, you'll have great sex next time you visit.

On the topic of the friendzone -

The friendzone sucks but really, attraction is a feeling and no one person is entitled to another one person's affection. I made it out once though. That was a fun night.

I had a pretty great vacation. More alcohol, sex, nostalgia, laughs, good times, and good byes were had than I've enjoyed in a while. Not to mention, my two best friends are chasing their dreams and becoming successful and it's ****ing awesome. One is moving to Minneapolis for Grad School, and one is Moving to NYC to work for a company in the field of fashion as well as graphic design which she's put her heart into for years.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The thing is that there is a difference between flirting in real life and flirting on an online thread. You can't really get the same affect without the person actually being there. No speaking, only words. It is easier to tell a change in the meaning of someones sentence if you can actually see the persons face, body movements, and hear the tone of their voice. You can't tell if someones being sarcastic, happy, or sad as easily with words. Try speaking in third person next time or keep your desires in real life.
I agree. There are too many horny weirdos on the internet using our sacred text oriented language to attempt to imitate real people acting like they do in real life. Thank god that society as a whole is progressing in the right direction. The movie Moneyball starring Brad Pitt was apparently so popular that some impoverished hack tried to write a book about the movie in order to make it big. The idea that words could convey any degree of similarity or expression analogous to that of actual interaction with another human being is ridiculous. Words are just boring, if I want to watch something serious I'd just rewatch The Sopranos or The Wire. Honestly keep all that recreational pseudo-human garbage in the fake life.

I live in a very real world consisting of very real people, who don't act fake at all. They act real. They do real things, I interact with them on a very real level. Like when I ring up a real customer who really buys a reel of condoms and asks them if they are real. And I say, "Yes they are really real condoms that should really work sir." Then in an act of real concern I ask if they have their real discount card for real savings. Note that my real face/movements/voice are all real in the sense that I am really curious if this guy has his discount coupon so he could get a real save his cart of condoms since he really likes them for some reason. Or what about hitting on some real sluts at a real bar with them real drinks. I mean there are real sexually transmitted diseases, but come on you'd rather get a real disease by being a desperate weirdo trying to score in a bar than get a digital one by clicking on some dating sim website and catching a computer virus that requires you to reformat your computer. I mean that is so lame, come on get AIDS or something you sissy.

I care because I see her as a creepy pervert I need to stay away from. Mommy says that "there's nothing more cool than being hugged by someone you like, but if someone tries to touch you in a place, or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, that's no good! It's your body, no one has to touch you if you don't want them to! So what do you do? First, you say 'No!', then you get out of there! Most important, you got to tell someone you trust. Like your parents, a teacher,an escaped convict, a pedophile, or a police officer". They also say that bad grownups send dumb bots named Grounder to give us smokes to choke, but it's bad for my health and could stain my teeth. She says "So don't be a fool, smoking isn't cool." She told me that her best friend Tailis used to smoke, luckily her other friend Sonicia got her out of her addiction. To answer your question, I only care because I can and have nothing better to do but play Bravely Default or wait for the new smash bros. Here's some dating advice! Don't go out with pedophiles, furries, rapists, relatives, your mom, your sibling, your dad, an nonhuman animal, waifus pillows, or Envy.
I too am seriously disturbed by the rise of pedophiles, furries, rapists, relatives, my mom, my siblings, my dad, animals, waifu pillows, and Envy. Perhaps biggest on my concern are the nonhuman animals, they're just way too bizarre and taboo. What happened to the good old days when you had marriage between humans and human animals. Our society is in such a huge decline that sometimes I can't help it but play some of my favorite Japanese story games in my native language of third grader American. If there was anything to take my mind off all the debauchery in the world, it would be Bravely Default. An innocent game about changing the clothes of fifteen year old children in order to save the world. Oh wait, I'm sorry if you realized that I was being sarcastic. Yeah, can you believe it the North American release added three years to their age and kept the same sprites in, but me and my Japanese bros know what's going on here, honestly what the **** is up with that. Mom and dad don't believe that young kids can change the world, they probably think that we're too immature and unable to understand the world in a broader context. Heh. They probably think that I go on the internet and post something edgy make analogies to strangers being rapists and pedophiles because I have no exposure to people who have been ***** or pedophiled by rapists and pedophiles. But honestly fist bump man, it's so hard being on the right side when there are so many things with the world right now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw this girl in the night shift today

I work day shift

She reminded me of this girl I tried to date in my early 20's

Didn't talk to her though, she was really busy

Seeing something like that filled me with a vigor I haven't felt in years

Vashimus

Smash Master
Old friend I used to have a crush on contacted out of the blue to catch up, we did, now I'm liking her again. Had a feeling it was bad idea.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I agree. There are too many horny weirdos on the internet using our sacred text oriented language to attempt to imitate real people acting like they do in real life. Thank god that society as a whole is progressing in the right direction. The movie Moneyball starring Brad Pitt was apparently so popular that some impoverished hack tried to write a book about the movie in order to make it big. The idea that words could convey any degree of similarity or expression analogous to that of actual interaction with another human being is ridiculous. Words are just boring, if I want to watch something serious I'd just rewatch The Sopranos or The Wire. Honestly keep all that recreational pseudo-human garbage in the fake life.

I live in a very real world consisting of very real people, who don't act fake at all. They act real. They do real things, I interact with them on a very real level. Like when I ring up a real customer who really buys a reel of condoms and asks them if they are real. And I say, "Yes they are really real condoms that should really work sir." Then in an act of real concern I ask if they have their real discount card for real savings. Note that my real face/movements/voice are all real in the sense that I am really curious if this guy has his discount coupon so he could get a real save his cart of condoms since he really likes them for some reason. Or what about hitting on some real ****s at a real bar with them real drinks. I mean there are real sexually transmitted diseases, but come on you'd rather get a real disease by being a desperate weirdo trying to score in a bar than get a digital one by clicking on some dating sim website and catching a computer virus that requires you to reformat your computer. I mean that is so lame, come on get AIDS or something you sissy.

I too am seriously disturbed by the rise of pedophiles, furries, rapists, relatives, my mom, my siblings, my dad, animals, waifu pillows, and Envy. Perhaps biggest on my concern are the nonhuman animals, they're just way too bizarre and taboo. What happened to the good old days when you had marriage between humans and human animals. Our society is in such a huge decline that sometimes I can't help it but play some of my favorite Japanese story games in my native language of third grader American. If there was anything to take my mind off all the debauchery in the world, it would be Bravely Default. An innocent game about changing the clothes of fifteen year old children in order to save the world. Oh wait, I'm sorry if you realized that I was being sarcastic. Yeah, can you believe it the North American release added three years to their age and kept the same sprites in, but me and my Japanese bros know what's going on here, honestly what the **** is up with that. Mom and dad don't believe that young kids can change the world, they probably think that we're too immature and unable to understand the world in a broader context. Heh. They probably think that I go on the internet and post something edgy make analogies to strangers being rapists and pedophiles because I have no exposure to people who have been ***** or pedophiled by rapists and pedophiles. But honestly fist bump man, it's so hard being on the right side when there are so many things with the world right now.
I can't tell if you're this entire block of text is all sarcasm or just part of it. Anyways, I'm not saying words are evil. I'm just saying that if your going to post a an online flirt, you should at least make it more obvious. In books it's easier to tell what a person feels because after every line they put, "Yelled Richard in a furious gesture", or, "I tried to tell her how I was feeling, but my heart felt like it had been ripped out of chest by a rabid pedophile". I enjoyed reading your response,
it made me spit all over my dog after she tried to hump my leg. Luckily my dog was trained to kill in situations like these, so she ripped my nose of and fe iot to a pack of pedophile children. I felt like fainting due to blood loss so I went to subway to get a veggie patty. It didn't taste that good so I asked my local drug dealer how I could make it taste better. He told me, "Yo was up dawg, put dis special salt on yo sunwich. Make it taste very good!" I payed him $50 for it and went home. It made me feel strange after the first bite so I contacted Jesus, God, and The Holy Spirit. They told me to beat my slave and wife, kill gay people and nonbelievers, I would die if I had tattoos, and that if I didn't have testicles the I wouldn't be able to go to heaven. I knew they were corrupt and had to be eliminated, so I went to heaven, using my Ki and Chakra to levitate myself up. I got rid of the evil trio and made myself god of the new world. Inspired by my predecessor, Kira, I killed off the rest of the evil beings. So then...

¯\(ツ)/¯
Cool, I don't care what you do to make me look bad because I have Jesus in my life. He tells me I have to kill certain people if I encounter them. What should I do Falcon? I want to go to heaven, but if I do this then I'll go to jail! Which do I choose eternal happiness under a corrupt murderous king, or a peaceful life down on earth.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I can't tell if you're this entire block of text is all sarcasm or just part of it. Anyways, I'm not saying words are evil. I'm just saying that if your going to post a an online flirt, you should at least make it more obvious. In books it's easier to tell what a person feels because after every line they put, "Yelled Richard in a furious gesture", or, "I tried to tell her how I was feeling, but my heart felt like it had been ripped out of chest by a rabid pedophile". I enjoyed reading your response,
it made me spit all over my dog after she tried to hump my leg. Luckily my dog was trained to kill in situations like these, so she ripped my nose of and fe iot to a pack of pedophile children. I felt like fainting due to blood loss so I went to subway to get a veggie patty. It didn't taste that good so I asked my local drug dealer how I could make it taste better. He told me, "Yo was up dawg, put dis special salt on yo sunwich. Make it taste very good!" I payed him $50 for it and went home. It made me feel strange after the first bite so I contacted Jesus, God, and The Holy Spirit. They told me to beat my slave and wife, kill gay people and nonbelievers, I would die if I had tattoos, and that if I didn't have testicles the I wouldn't be able to go to heaven. I knew they were corrupt and had to be eliminated, so I went to heaven, using my Ki and Chakra to levitate myself up. I got rid of the evil trio and made myself god of the new world. Inspired by my predecessor, Kira, I killed off the rest of the evil beings. So then...

Cool, I don't care what you do to make me look bad because I have Jesus in my life. He tells me I have to kill certain people if I encounter them. What should I do Falcon? I want to go to heaven, but if I do this then I'll go to jail! Which do I choose eternal happiness under a corrupt murderous king, or a peaceful life down on earth.
Falcon is kind of a jerk to everyone on the boards. Its the role he likes to play online. Just ignore him.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I see your point about ignoring him, but I like feeding trolls.
Lol ok

My last relationship was like this. It had and still has potential for long term (especially after this past week ;) )
Now I know for a fact that in that particular end to one of my relationships, it wasn't because I'm boring. She just legitimately cannot do long distance. The night before I left, she was crying about how much she loved me and yadayadayada she was upset that I lived so far.

@ Froggy Froggy Be prepared for this. If you aren't willing to live there in the future, and she isn't willing to move away, it's going to suck and you'll have to face that fact eventually. On the bright side, you'll have great sex next time you visit.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I see your point about ignoring him, but I like feeding trolls.
Bro I don't think you understand what trolling means.

Also Froggy thinks women are below him.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I aint playing this *****made **** with you anymore lol.
I can't believe you. I knew you were sick, but I didn't think you'd go this far!

Hey everyone, here's some advice. Don't try to date a waifu pillow. It'll get nowhere.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Rabba, back off. He won't stop if you don't leave him alone, especially since you started it in the first place.
He's just trolling. I doubt Rab was ever being serious in the first place.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Warning Received
Bro I don't think you understand what trolling means.

Also Froggy thinks women are below him.
What are you talking about, I don't think anyone woman is below me....well except maybe your mother :p

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
For some reason I felt the need to post that it's not 'okay' to alias anyone with pedophiles, rapists, and a bunch of groups that many of us would prefer to never be associated with on a normal basis. It's fine and dandy to do your trolling and get your giggles and diddles here and there, but no one in their right mind should find it amusing to tie anyone in with rapists or pedophiles unless the punch line is a message about pedophilia or ****. Incorporating someone with socially despised groups shouldn't ever be the punchline. That's just harassment. And although I understand that there are many people with absolutely zero sense of proper joke delivery, if you are one of those people then you really shouldn't be telling jokes. It's fine to tell bad jokes, as long as the jokes themselves aren't about bad things. Because when you fail on the delivery then the responsibility isn't on the audience to presume that you just aren't funny. It's on you for choosing bad material that you should have just let go.

Last edited:

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Praise be to any and all dating advice thread. It is here from which gold pours! :yoshi64:

or have fairly valid points or anything.
Self-proclaimed Love Expert lol

But, to the task at hand. I was interested in various opinions about people's requirements to dating. For example, I know people who say to do it simply because its "experience" while another might say there is really no reason unless you really want to pursue going all the way.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
God why am I expressing opinions on LOVE here
I'd date if it happened I guess but not like I'd actively look for people or look for ~tHe OnE~ as in bars or dating sites or other ways to hook up
that's just the kind of person I am imo, just not social and at this point sure it'd be nice to have someone you're cool with but don't care for experience or marrying or having people just for the ol' in-and-out or whatever kids call it these days

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's not like I mod this board or have fairly valid points or anything.
Only the first point sister. ;)

Anyway I'm gonna turn this thread on its head, it needs variety.

I am hot like an underwear model and that's all boys see, how do I deal with all that attention, filter out the unsavoury, get them to actually make an effort to see more, and stay sane at the same time?

Let's see whatchu got.

AAkacia

Smash Cadet
Praise be to any and all dating advice thread. It is here from which gold pours! :yoshi64:
I'm assuming this is sarcasm so I'll respond as if it is.

Before MLG removed (moved to gamebattles) their forums, there was a "Dating Advice Thread" almost exactly like this one. It seemed to serve many as intended, and helped a lot of people who weren't necessarily the outgoing type to better understand the opposite sex. It was actually really cool (I went to something like 13 MLG events over the years) to see the transformation some of the aforementioned people went through from event to event. Some just seemed generally more happy, some became more social, some realized they weren't physically attractive and could be if they were in better health so they started working out/exercising.

Thor

Smash Champion
Teran said:
I am hot like an underwear model and that's all boys see, how do I deal with all that attention, filter out the unsavoury, get them to actually make an effort to see more, and stay sane at the same time? Let's see whatchu got.
One possible solution: find a closet gay man (or a close friend who's not into you/has a gf already... though this scenario sounds like that could be tough), pay him off (or just be friends so he'll do it) to pretend to be your boyfriend for a week or more - the real unsavory will leave or try to get you to dump him, real friend will stay friends anyway (and might say he's not good enough for you though, so watch out, that may be them hitting on you or whatever, a bit unsavory or whatever). Also hang out with "bf" and them so you can see how they really are when you go do stuff.

If you see one you like, you can go after them, or else wait around and see more.

But what the hell would I know? I'm a guy who's never dated or even kissed anyone, so my credibility is about 0*.

*but that's an ad-hom - the advice is logically sound.

This thread looks mildly interesting, at least after accidentally clicking on it. Maybe I'll stay around in here a bit, though I don't happen to be looking, so to speak.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I've just been told (by some guy) the haircut I've been getting for the last year or so is a "Lesbian haircut"

could that factor into me not getting any chicks?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
So, I've just been told (by some guy) the haircut I've been getting for the last year or so is a "Lesbian haircut"

could that factor into me not getting any chicks?
Yes.

Also the fact that you're actually legitimately asking SWF for advice is a major factor. Well, it's more like a symptom I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So if I get a better haircut I will be cured of asking SWF for advice.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So if I get a better haircut I will be cured of asking SWF for advice.
Only if you turn out hot, then you'll realise there's no need for advice because the answer to every question is staring right back at you.

AAkacia

Smash Cadet
Only if you turn out hot, then you'll realise there's no need for advice because the answer to every question is staring right back at you.
As a guy, you can still be hot and it won't matter until you recognize it. Just sayin'

Top Bottom