• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dating Advice Thread

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
LOL xD Bro, if you don't believe me just read the book srsly, I was just trying to be a 100% honest telling where I got my stuff from, this **** works, no joke.
"xD Bro I'm an alpha male no seriously I swear!"

Totally not sounding like a million other people inflating their egos over minor accomplishments with self help books. I MEAN A GUY ESCAPED THE FRIEND ZONE.

Or you could just pick up some ****ing weights and stop simpin'.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The stench of virginity lingers in the air like in an abattoir, where all your hopes and dreams of ever tasting poose are slaughtered by 3/10s

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
People who think they're better than everyone else???????
Then you're using the word elitist when you really want to say "***holes".

If there's such a thing as "dating elitists", then the elite would be people who are hounds for ***** and don't waste their time telling people to read books when they could just tell you to grow some balls and just be your own god**** self.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm sure they're hundreds of people out there who can swear by self-help books, but let's be real -- reading a book about how to make the perfect free throw shot in basketball won't compare to actually practicing it over and over until you get it right.

T

Trick or Treat

I'm sure they're hundreds of people out there who can swear by self-help books, but let's be real -- reading a book about how to make the perfect free throw shot in basketball won't compare to actually practicing it over and over until you get it right.
This is true. While it's okay to take tips and advice, be it from books or other people, you can't expect that to just work out like magic. It doesn't work like that.

Like with the basketball example. You can take pointers about certain aspects to improving your free throws, but you won't actually get better at it until you start practicing.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I agree with this, but let's also compare this to something like Smash. Say you're in a mental block and can't seem to beat someone you know you should be able to beat. Something as simple as someone giving you tips from their perspective can give you a new view of what you're doing and help you think outside the box. This actually happened with me at the last tournament I went to; I got 3 stocked game 1, had my friend coach me, then game 2 almost took it (but lost to an input error).

The same thing can be applied to this topic. Some people can just be stuck in a mental rut and not know what to do in order to really get things kicked off with someone. Obviously this isn't the same as Smash where "pick this option and you'll win", but getting a general idea of what to do never hurt anyone.

I've also never read a self-help book so I have no direct opinion on them.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
this thread got really beautiful really fast
Lythium, Teran, Falcon....i missed you folks

also wtf is with this whole alpha-beta thing thats mad lame.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
"xD Bro I'm an alpha male no seriously I swear!"
Haha I've never claimed to be an expert, I do think the guy who wrote the book knows his **** though, the stuff worked for me too, me and my friend just wanted to get girlfriends, but the book is kinda oriented towards guys who just want to get laid with many woman. What I'm trying so to say is, that the some of the stuff in the book is actually pretty valuable advice.

Totally not sounding like a million other people inflating their egos over minor accomplishments with self help books. I MEAN A GUY ESCAPED THE FRIEND ZONE.
It was huge for him because he began trying to get something with this girl on high school and like 10 years later he finally got her but not quite well he just ditched her for a better girl, lol. It was impressive for me too, never expected that to happen, I thought the same about the book, yeah sure it has some good stuff here and there but nothing serious, my friend started applying everything on the book to the letter and everything ended working out pretty impressive for him.

Or you could just pick up some ****ing weights and stop simpin'.
Works too.

This book was written by someone who dated a lot of women apparently.

Well, at the end of the day, you don't believe me and I don't blame you for it, Is fine for me if you think the book or what I've said is bull****, is your opinion.

For those interested (if any) I'm pretty sure you can get the book online 4 free, just search a bit here and there.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
At the end of the day, it's whatever works for you man. As long as you're making women out there happy, all is well, because that's really what relationships are all about, as cheesy as that sounds. Us guys are relatively easy to please by comparison.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
A lot of women "apparently".

You know what would be alpha as ****? If you did what he did and just got women without looking for help/simpin out on the internet about it. Would be top tier alpha.

****ing lift some weights.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
not really, i dont really get the whole self help movement and the whole alpha-beta movement
doesnt really make much sense to me
just sounds like people have to label things and make excuses
idk

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Alpha/Beta is not a movement.

People trying to escape DEFINITIONS OF MASCULINITY are part of a movement. Men being men are men being MAN MAN MANLY MEN MAN MEN MANLY MAN MANLY MEEEEEEN HOOO HOOO HOOOOO ****.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lmao @ Pachinkosam Pachinkosam that sentence doesn't even make any sense you dolt.

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This whole self help alpha movement just reminds me of all the eggheads who talk about lifting weights all the time but never actually do it. I think there are just some things people can afford not to be reading about. Things like this aren't things you're meant to consciously study and learn like school assignments, they're just things you're meant to pick up on and do without really thinking about it. It's like a chef shouldn't be constantly actively thinking FIRE BAD when he's in a kitchen.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
****ing lift some weights.
I do lift, I'm not great but still. If you want to check me out, you can go to the thread linked on my sig, go to one of the videos and while you're at my channel you can check my 210lbs squat and 268lbs deadlift

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Advice needed!

I have a huge crush on this guy. Online friend, happens to live semi-close by. I've had a crush for a good while now, but haven't said anything. Recently he's shown subtle interest. Asking why I haven't posted a pic on our guild forums, saying I need to be online more, asking what my real first name was etc. I actually made a facebook account just for him. (His friend in real life recommended I do that) Am I reading too much into this? Even if I am, I need to figure out a way to tell him I like him, because I think things could possibly work out well.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Advice needed!

I have a huge crush on this guy. Online friend, happens to live semi-close by. I've had a crush for a good while now, but haven't said anything. Recently he's shown subtle interest. Asking why I haven't posted a pic on our guild forums, saying I need to be online more, asking what my real first name was etc. I actually made a facebook account just for him. (His friend in real life recommended I do that) Am I reading too much into this? Even if I am, I need to figure out a way to tell him I like him, because I think things could possibly work out well.
From what I can tell, I'd say he's definitely interested lol.

If you want to kick things off with him, just start talking to him more. Casual conversation can go a long way lol. Start talking more, eventually get to a point that you can start hanging out or whatever, and so on. The rest will sort itself out. You shouldn't really need to explicitly tell him you like him, although some guys are horrible at getting hints lol.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
From what I can tell, I'd say he's definitely interested lol.

If you want to kick things off with him, just start talking to him more. Casual conversation can go a long way lol. Start talking more, eventually get to a point that you can start hanging out or whatever, and so on. The rest will sort itself out. You shouldn't really need to explicitly tell him you like him, although some guys are horrible at getting hints lol.

Yeah that's basically what I've been doing. It's just been a little hard to get past surface chat. He seems very reserved when it's just us two talking though. In a group setting, he gets indirectly flirty.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yeah that's basically what I've been doing. It's just been a little hard to get past surface chat. He seems very reserved when it's just us two talking though. In a group setting, he gets indirectly flirty.
What does indirectly flirty mean? Is it anything like the way I take a piss?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's a little closer to the way I take a piss

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Since when did gay guys end up becoming terrible at courtship?

God this ****ing generation I swear, @ Jon Farron Jon Farron just get up on it and do it soon. You're young, possibly beautiful (which will definitely not be the case when you're older), just take advantage of these things and seize the day. Carpe diem, not yolo.

Thing is, if you're a bottom maybe not, because that would make you a massive hoe. Welcome to life, it's not fair.

Top Bottom