• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dededee Broadcasting Corporation- New DDD needs critqueing.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Thank you Addy :)
I am going to give this a link in the front page. If you have any more videos please edit this post. Look at is as your own private video thread.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I cant beleive I havent stumbled upon this thread until now

Great videos against most of the roster

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Okay...now I finally have time to critique our fellow King Dedede. It's harder to give tips or to even critique one in a doubles match, so I need to skip that, sorry.
The only advice I'll give you for doubles is that King Dedede is not a good partner for Olimar because the other team will only go after Olimar because of his horrible recovery, and King Dedede will be too slow to go and help him out while offstage.
If you continue to partner up with Olimar, just know that their goal as a team is to control the center of the stage as best as you guys can and to camp in the center. And the best way to kill is for you to land a down throw so Olimar can do an up smash with a purple Pikmin. Any other Pikmin besides white can kill a little bit later at higher percentages.
But otherwise, try to gain a Meta Knight or Wario as a partner. They are his best. You are the camper/tank, and one of them are the offensive/rackers.
i have a tourney on saturday so any quick tips will help.

singles (friendlies)

mal (ddd) v adapt (zss)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyg3RgPG0YI
-- i got ***** on the first stock, lol
Video #1 : Just for the beginning of the video in how "you got ***** the first stock", it was because of the armor pieces. Aircamp them when you predict her to throw one every time until they are gone. But since it was on Smashville, use that platform to your advantage.

3:00 - 3:02 (Single example) Second of all, look out for where your Waddle Dees are walking. I caught four times where you unintentionally threw one where you meant to do an aerial. It's already a habit for me to see if they are right next to me, to not do any attack that involves "A" or an airdodge while you are near them. It doesn't hurt to purposely do "A" to throw one because you achieve less starting lag, but only do it at a reasonable distance away.

1:10 - 1:12 I loved how you powershielded Zero Suit Samus's sideB at times. Good job there and keep it up, that's great for the matchup.
0:13 - 0:19 And try to not do moves repeatedly, such as your Inhale, because they were and will get punished if your opponent is smart enough. I'm saying this in general for you sire.

Other than that, your King Dedede has surprising potential who knows what he's doing, judging by the second half of the video. :) 4/5 for me.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Okay...now I finally have time to critique our fellow King Dedede. It's harder to give tips or to even critique one in a doubles match, so I need to skip that, sorry.
The only advice I'll give you for doubles is that King Dedede is not a good partner for Olimar because the other team will only go after Olimar because of his horrible recovery, and King Dedede will be too slow to go and help him out while offstage.
If you continue to partner up with Olimar, just know that their goal as a team is to control the center of the stage as best as you guys can and to camp in the center. And the best way to kill is for you to land a down throw so Olimar can do an up smash with a purple Pikmin. Any other Pikmin besides white can kill a little bit later at higher percentages.
But otherwise, try to gain a Meta Knight or Wario as a partner. They are his best. You are the camper/tank, and one of them are the offensive/rackers.

Just for the beginning of the video in how "you got ***** the first stock", it was because of the armor pieces. Aircamp them when you predict her to throw one every time until they are gone. But since it was on Smashville, use that platform to your advantage.

Second of all, look out for where your Waddle Dees are walking. I caught four times where you unintentionally threw one where you meant to do an aerial. It's already a habit for me to see if they are right next to me, to not do any attack that involves "A" or an airdodge while you are near them. It doesn't hurt to purposely do "A" to throw one because you achieve less starting lag, but only do it at a reasonable distance away.
I loved how you powershielded Zero Suit Samus's sideB at times. Good job there and keep it up, that's great for the matchup.
And try to not do moves repeatedly, such as your Inhale, because they were and will get punished if your opponent is smart enough. I'm saying this in general for you sire.

Other than that, your King Dedede has surprising potential who knows what he's doing, judging by the second half of the video. :) 4/5 for me.
Use my format from the thread I made please D= It would make me a happy penguin.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
update:

i came 3rd in the tourney out of 37 people. here is the only vid of my DDD (for now, more vids to come)

MAL(Kind Dedede) vs Billybegood(Metaknight) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7TSXa-Nak

this guy is an IC main. i was afraid of them so i blind picked MK in round 1 just in case. i got lucky and he used them and i won on yoshi's island. round 2 i picked MK again just in case (i really suck with MK, btw) and his snake beat me on halberd. round 3 was my CP (vid above). the tourney was going super late so we decided we'd just do best of 3 instead of 5.

comments/tips are appreciated, i'll post more matches when they are uploaded. thanks.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
where do you live?
edit very good dedede. You had him down to the last stock. I noticed you're pretty good at tech chasing which is a +. Also stry to space yourself far from the mk and just stand to keep all your options open. Don't go off the stage against mk as you will just end up getting gimped. Also if you dthrow him and he's on the tip of the ledge but not off start charging a dsmash as he'll probably roll into it ;D. Overall i was impressed.
Nova Scotia too good ;B

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Can we please re-organize these videos by PEOPLE instead of the characters they are facing? Sure, it's good for people looking to see how to play a matchup, but people want to be able to find their videos if they don't remember who they played. Just an idea.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
NO!
I hate that.
This is a thread about DDD
Not the people who play DDD
If you want to find a certain player, use the search function, it will highlight that players name.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If the purpose of this thread isn't to organize videos by certain players, they can still just...Control+F to find a certain player.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
If the purpose of this thread isn't to organize videos by certain players, they can still just...Control+F to find a certain player.
Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes.
I think it would be all settled if Crashic put a small notice on the original page to remind those who aren't smart enough that says "Ctrl-F to find what player you want". Or something like that.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Alright, I'll get to that apart of my big run through sometime this week to get all of Seib's videos and Ling Ling's videos that are good enough apart of this thread.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
How do you lose o a Wario on FD? That's like something I would do. You should be ashamed of yourself Alby.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That's what I get for watching the first 5 seconds of the video.

Get ***** Gates.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Alby, do you need help with the WARIO matchup? I barely lose to em. Unless they go DMG on me.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
All wario's camp me. That's the problem I have, I don't have an efficient way to deal with camping.
If i have the lead i generally win, but as soon as I lose it and they start running away
i lose.

Top Bottom