• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dededee Broadcasting Corporation- New DDD needs critqueing.

Jupz

Smash Master
Woah, great work Beef! Thats insane, you rock :) 2-0 as well. And great two stock.

Btw why did you Bthrow instead of CG sometimes?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I defeated yet another power ranked player...MikeHAZE and I actually have proof this time.
In ActiveGamers weekly #2...and I also beat Hall too, I'm still waiting for the results.

The suicides on these were stupid -_-.

Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4wPhfAu0rc
Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88TjcNTlmzg
Ugh, cam footage.

First kill on the first match was pretty awesome. Ridiculous DI too. Haze seemed to be playing a little odd at first. I haven't seen many matches of him so I don't know if that's typical of him or not but is he usually that patient? His SD was a mistake I wouldn't have expected of him either.

Second vid, more defensive play on both of you, more stupid SD's from him, more good DI from you, nothing really to say about the match except for the intense ending.

∫unk

Smash Master
10-15 person local tournament = mike is high as a kite. he's had a few of these "bad" losses in small tournaments like these, including my unknown unranked dk friend from cencal. just saying you don't get 2nd at activegamers then not place at a local in that short of a period.

not taking anything away from beef though thats an awesome win! one of my favorite ddd's to watch since you're so precise

here's some matches played yesterday me vs trevonte (norcal ranked fox)... games 2 and 3 are being uploaded right now.

i'd appreciate any feedback... mostly i have trouble getting out of fox's follow ups and getting the kill on fox. game 2 he makes a comeback T-T

game 1 (smashville): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iit0DpvQvDw

game 2 (brinstar): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlGpmufV174

game 3 (frigate orpheon): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssr0CXXMG34

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i only watched game one, but i noticed that you don't move around for the sake of spacing too often. you either move to attack or sit in one spot waiting for your opponent to come to you. the thing i didnt like about your ddd is that you don't edgeguard. i think ddd is a beast on the edge because bair plus multiple jumps is a huge roadblock for recovering.

i dont play fox too often so im not sure, but how tough is it to escape those uptilts at low percent? i guess thats something to work on though because he juggled you up to 80%, it was pretty badazz

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Ugh, cam footage.

First kill on the first match was pretty awesome. Ridiculous DI too. Haze seemed to be playing a little odd at first. I haven't seen many matches of him so I don't know if that's typical of him or not but is he usually that patient? His SD was a mistake I wouldn't have expected of him either.

Second vid, more defensive play on both of you, more stupid SD's from him, more good DI from you, nothing really to say about the match except for the intense ending.
Yeah sorry about the camera...it's all I've got.
It was either his oddness or just what I did to him...either way, I think I was the most focused out of any match lol. And I was playing defensively mainly in avoiding his chaingrab to a forward smash at all costs. He couldn't do it once on me. And Junk, Mike was getting desparate for money matches from people after Singles, and he seemed to be solid, just fine against Hall's snake. I don't believe him to be high -_- you'd have to see his expression which wasn't that pleasant during our matches. I mean CPU beat him too.

Yeah Gates he really is that patient except against Snake, he never stands anywhere against Ally...I've seen him just watch others in other times. I think he just failed in his reading on me though lol. Mike just recently ***** Ally in ActiveGamers nationals, it's easy to search.
Thanks Jupz! I back throwed because you give Marth much less options while he's in the air, or just offstage. So I can land additionally damage with another gimp at times.

∫unk

Smash Master
well even if he was high it doesnt matter. that's his fault for showing up high and you took advantage by playing well :)

we need to get consistency!!!

today i got 2nd at a small norcal tourney... but i got ***** by sean over and over in winners finals/grand finals

here's an example match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-tsJcUni9c

i have nooo idea what to do :/ help!!! i will say though we were playing on laggy tv's so sometimes i grab late or don't powershield or don't shield at all and get hit.

but i got 3 stocked so it doesnt matter... even if it was ideal conditions i would lost anyways

i only watched game one, but i noticed that you don't move around for the sake of spacing too often. you either move to attack or sit in one spot waiting for your opponent to come to you. the thing i didnt like about your ddd is that you don't edgeguard. i think ddd is a beast on the edge because bair plus multiple jumps is a huge roadblock for recovering.

i dont play fox too often so im not sure, but how tough is it to escape those uptilts at low percent? i guess thats something to work on though because he juggled you up to 80%, it was pretty badazz
okay i will try to move around more... walk away dash forward is so **** i don't do it enough.

i hate trying to fight fox's side b with b-air i feel like i just get hit then he's edgeguarding me now. also fox can fast fall use their jump and f-air you and it's extremely safe in my experience but maybe i'm doing it wrong... you just jump off stage and b-air fox when they're recovering?

it's hard to escape u-tilt because of follow ups... i think 3 u-tilts are guaranteed at 0 and after that i try jumping and he chases it and u-airs me. fox combo's ddd really hard if he knows what escape option you're trying to do.

i should have mixed it up more in escaping (not jump all the time) as in later matches i start air dodging after u-tilt and i usually get on the ground safely.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
well even if he was high it doesnt matter. that's his fault for showing up high and you took advantage by playing well :)

we need to get consistency!!!

today i got 2nd at a small norcal tourney... but i got ***** by sean over and over in winners finals/grand finals

here's an example match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-tsJcUni9c

i have nooo idea what to do :/ help!!! i will say though we were playing on laggy tv's so sometimes i grab late or don't powershield or don't shield at all and get hit.

but i got 3 stocked so it doesnt matter... even if it was ideal conditions i would lost anyways

okay i will try to move around more... walk away dash forward is so **** i don't do it enough.

i hate trying to fight fox's side b with b-air i feel like i just get hit then he's edgeguarding me now. also fox can fast fall use their jump and f-air you and it's extremely safe in my experience but maybe i'm doing it wrong... you just jump off stage and b-air fox when they're recovering?

it's hard to escape u-tilt because of follow ups... i think 3 u-tilts are guaranteed at 0 and after that i try jumping and he chases it and u-airs me. fox combo's ddd really hard if he knows what escape option you're trying to do.

i should have mixed it up more in escaping (not jump all the time) as in later matches i start air dodging after u-tilt and i usually get on the ground safely.
That quote with "stuff" wasn't in what I said -_-. But anyways, I'll repost with a critique or something when I have the time later......

SuSa

Banned via Administration

"Sean (Metaknight) vs DeDeDe"

Theres your problem....

Anyways, actual advice from what I could see:

You stayed grounded WAY to much, and were WAY to predictable.
I don't think Meta has anything really that beats a good dair camp of your own?
If the dthrow tech chase ain't working, GO FOR THE BACK THROW.

/all I could tell

Gates

Banned via Warnings

"Sean (Metaknight) vs DeDeDe"

Theres your problem....

Anyways, actual advice from what I could see:

You stayed grounded WAY to much, and were WAY to predictable.
I don't think Meta has anything really that beats a good dair camp of your own?
If the dthrow tech chase ain't working, GO FOR THE BACK THROW.

/all I could tell
ok, wow. Where do I begin?

1. Just because we actually have a disadvantage against MK unlike your character doesn't mean that the matchup is completely unwinnable or even really that bad.

2. Staying grounded in the match is a good idea. If MK gets under you, he'll make you eat a uair string into Tornado or Shuttle Loop. Staying on the ground gives you more options against his approaches than going into the air. He walks in, you ftilt. He dashes in, you grab. He Tornadoes, you utilt. He just sits there at midrange, you ftilt or dashgrab. He sits there at long range, you throw a Waddle Dee. Jumping up in the air against MK will get you punished so hard that you should rarely do it.

3. Dair camping against MK is not a good idea imo. MK's uair comes out on frame 2, meaning that he has enough time to airdodge or generally avoid the dair and uair us immediately afterwards. Dair isn't a bad move in this matchup, but camping with it doesn't make any sense when you can play defensive other, safer ways.

4. You're right about the bthrow though. Unless you're trying to Buuman Trap or your bthrow is completely stale, you should rarely use dthrow in this matchup.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Double posting is for studs.

So did anyone record the set of M2K's Dedede against Ally?

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I posted this earlier but I didn't get much attention and I dont want to make a new thread finding out this is old and has no use lalala. I might have put it in the wrong spot but I think it fits well here this is weird has it happened to you before? could it possibly be a new AT? I've had this happened on Falco's Dsmash and Luigi's fair and I have both recorded I havent seen this before and I've done quite a bit of research on D3's metagame so here you go

Dont have a creative name for it... here it is on falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DvsQYQ6dF8&feature=player_profilepage
here it is on luigi not nearly as effective though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoOMX6UrTMI

The WPG Waddle Phantasm Gimp as I call it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBB49kXwAw

has this ever happened to you either?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What happened:

Momentum from downtilt pushed you off while you were still in grab. Standing grab does not sto the momentum. Becuase you fell of the edge, you went into that air release thing, and Falco is released as well. Interesting stuff. Situational, but crazy mind game. Falco could still recover against this. This should work against any other attack that has a horizontal knock back like this of Jigg's downsmash.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Yes, I know he could have but the whole point is what if we could find ways to get this on other characters that couldnt recover? He didnt expect to get shot down he was pressing A to try and break out. thats why he did a n air to his death but I think I could have grabbed to the edge before he did anyway. I've also done this on luigi but he didnt get sent down anywhere as far. as Id like someone needs to test it on every character even know it is situational, I have something else im uploading that isnt as situational that could also help the falco matchup.

Right now the thing is situational and almost useful I'm just hoping someone can find a way and run with it and make it useful if not I tried. :D K video is uploaded here it is

Waddle Phantasm Gimp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBB49kXwAw
it looks like you can firefox aftewards though still not sure if you could time it right and run to the ledge not sure if you can or not need to test.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Now THAT I love.
So the Waddle Dee when it lands on the edge and is in that first ducking animation actually blocks the edge? That's amazing. Does it work on all people trying to grab the edge or just the phantom?

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Now THAT I love.
So the Waddle Dee when it lands on the edge and is in that first ducking animation actually blocks the edge? That's amazing. Does it work on all people trying to grab the edge or just the phantom?

Yes it blocks the edge its awesome, I'd think it would work against every kind of recovery but I'm not sure if the wadledee has to be at a certain state I think you have to time it perfect I don't have 2 people to test but I don't see why it wouldn't work. This also would greatly improve the falco match up which is one of or worse if it could be easily reproduced. I really need to test everything I just record every match when something goes weird I even make him kill him self afterwards so the video wont go over 3 minutes so I can record it :D

I think phantasm since it only has 2 frames where it actually connects for an attack (the very middle and the very end). Most other recovery moves have a large set of frames and therefore a wider window to grab the ledge from.

Does either deserve its own thread or should I just keep it here?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Fox/Falco's sideB has weird physics to it. The same happens to when a Wolf does a "half scar", in which he does that cancelling animation off the ledge because of the fast physics of the sideB when he tries to do a real scar.
No need for a separate thread. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as one of us will see through this in the future.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Ok, cool try it with other peoples recoveries even know I think its phantasm specific this could be prove to be helpful I'll also try to look into it more in the future and post my results here

the first video is REALLY situational and doesn't look very effective but it'd be pretty cool to see if anybody could take it anywhere maybe its effective on a certain character anyway yeah if someone wants to look into that to that'd be great I'll try to test both as soon as my friend comes over.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Seibrik would love that poultry.
We have individual video threads, and after Pound 4 I plan to do a full remake of the video thread, knocking out any pre-genesis video and gathering up all the good videos in between Genesis and Pound 4.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Are you sure the Waddle Dee had anything to do with it? Fox and Falco can do that by using side-b at teh exact right height. Have you tested this with variations in side-b heights and make sure that the waddle dee affect it in anyway?

Also they can use up b to recover if they fall like that.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah actually the waddle dee had nothing to do with it lol. The phantasm just cancelled on the ledge, its not too rare you just have to be at the right height.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No Beef, I'l likely add your Marth video to it, among others. I'm not going to add any until the big update, in which I have to go through and cut out all the pre genesis videos and then see where the videos are lacking in content.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
CRASHiC, the place needs a sprucing up.

If you don't want to clean this place up, contact Karina so she can transfer this thread over to someone who wants to keep this place up-to-date.

Jupz

Smash Master
I run the MK video thread and its reasonably up to date. Just need to add the winterfest videos, and clean out all the older crap. Everyone knows I keep the Dedede Tactical Strategy reasonably up to date as well. I'd be happy to do it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
updated and goodbye DDD boards. I'll still be on Smashboards for some of the friends, debate hall, media, and blogs, but bye bye all video game threads.

Top Bottom