• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The FABULOUS superhero: Captain Rainbow!

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
When I saw that trophy this morning I somehow knew that Captain Rainbow was in the running. I had heard about this game awhwile back but had only seen a few screen shots and some info

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Captain Rainbow as the REAL WTF (lol) Character would be pretty cool, but I'd rather he be unlockable like Game and Watch was in Melee.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I really want him only because I know there will be many complainers...Also he would be fun to play as.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Taste the rainbow, mother...! :smirk:

Seriously, today's pic of the day just boosted Lip, Takamaru, and Nick's chances. Wonder if Takamaru will also have a Captain Rainbow trophy if he gets in?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm really hoping to be able to have Captain Falcon vs. Captain Rainbow...

If its somehow a reality (I'm not going to hold my breath, but man...) that would be the greatest thing. Captain Rainbow's been one of my secret wants since '09. GAH!

D

Deleted member

I'm not surprised that Captain Rainbow suddenly got a thread and supporters :p
This thread has existed for a long time. It only started to get supporters after the Captain Rainbow pic today. Kinda reminds me of Rosalina and Cranky Kong.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
just I reminder to supports that picture only hints him and takamaru and lip does not confirm them as being in the game in assist trophy nor playable status

any im supporting only because the picture may have just proved captain rainbow is possible and want to see 3 WTF characters

(R.O.B, Wii fit trainer, captain rainbow)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not surprised that Captain Rainbow suddenly got a thread and supporters :p
Hey, I've supported him for much longer than two days. It's just that today's pic made him jump from a pipe dream to the realm of possibility in my mind.

Still not entirely convinced, but it sure would be nice.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I support Captain Rainbow and his amazing theme song that would totally fit Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 2.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I always sorta wondered if they did something like Zelda or ZZS where Captain Rainbow transformed into Nick

Also here is some fun art of Luigi and Nick ^^

andimidna

Smash Master
Hey, I've supported him for much longer than two days. It's just that today's pic made him jump from a pipe dream to the realm of possibility in my mind.

Still not entirely convinced, but it sure would be nice.
Oh, I didn't see the date created. But wow, it has doubled in posts since Saturday.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I would lol so much if this guy seriously made it on the roster.

D

Deleted member

I guess we can ask (not a luigi clone but) any ideas for captai. Rainbows move set
I bet that Captain Rainbow's moveset would revolve around using the yo-yo. No, it wouldn't be like Ness's moveset where he uses his yo-yo two times, but nearly the entire moveset would be him using his yo-yo.
His attacks could be long-ranged and could gimp opponents at a distance, yet would have a hard time KOing people. That would pretty much be the polar opposite of Captain Falcon's close ranged, powerful attacks.
As for his specials, I am not so sure. I might come up with something; you have to get creative with this character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I support Captain Rainbow, but also feel conflicted.
I think he could incorporate a lot of lesser-known characters (Birdo shooting eggs, Wart stomping akin to DK, and the like), but at the same time they could be used for Assist Trophies, too...

Last edited:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I'd honestly be more than content just having him as an alt for Captain Falcon.
As long as he gets some new taunts and a newvoice, I'd love that. (Even though the final smash wouldn't make sense for him)

D

Deleted member

Not much of a supporter, but I would not mind seeing him in.

...though all the immature jokes involving homosexuality will be rampant. -_-

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Not much of a supporter, but I would not mind seeing him in.

...though all the immature jokes involving homosexuality will be rampant. -_-
Please, we got Secy Suit Samus. I'm pretty sure something like that won't matter.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Suddenly everyone supports Rainbow. :p
Yall should've supported every plausible Nintendo candidate a while ago.
Its not a recent game, and no one here has probably played (or at least not enough to carry on a discussion). Its not like mother 3, where there is a translation patch and people have had a chance to play it.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
If Captain Rainbow does make it, he could always have Non-specific Action Figure as one of his alts. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

Please, we got Secy Suit Samus. I'm pretty sure something like that won't matter.
Skintight Suit Samus isn't a guy in a bright colored outfit with the moniker Captain Rainbow.

....Pretty sure that's considered a walking punchline.

(Not that I have a problem with him; having the two Captains fight would be cool)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well for the part of not very play games or bad

R.O.B has the same problems and he got in brawl (except his 2 games are more well known though)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
well for the part of not very play games or bad

R.O.B has the same problems and he got in brawl (except his 2 games are more well known though)
Really? Because I seem to remember people raging that Captain Rainbow wasn't brought to America. Like, a lot of people. Penny Arcade even did a few strips about it in the beginning. It has gotten a lot of publicity, and the people that will buy Smash most likely know what the series is.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty neutral on Captain Rainbow's playable inclusion. I'd be fine if it happened, but no sweat if it doesn't.

However, one thing that does get me excited? The fact that Captain Rainbow content is in this game to begin with. It gives me hope for the possible corners of Nintendo's history that Sakurai is willing to dive into for content this go-around.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If a Skip character is considered for the roster, I'd say Chibi-Robo has the advantage.

That said, I'd think Captain Rainbow could be a great odball, random character addition, in great Sakurai tradition.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
This greatly angers me
Why? Because 3/10 Japanese people thought Little Mac was a stupid choice? Or because 6/10 Japanese people had neutral opinions on him? Or because only 1/10 thought he was a shoe-in? Or was it their most requested characters?

People have different opinions then you, get over it. I would also like to point out that we don't how reliable this information is or how representative of the Japanese Smash community is. This could be entirely fabricated or just wrong.

D

Deleted member

Why? Because 3/10 Japanese people thought Little Mac was a stupid choice? Or because 6/10 Japanese people had neutral opinions on him? Or because only 1/10 thought he was a shoe-in? Or was it their most requested characters?

People have different opinions then you, get over it. I would also like to point out that we don't how reliable this information is or how representative of the Japanese Smash community is. This could be entirely fabricated or just wrong.
It's not entirely representative on Japan's opinion. Popular Japanese requests (like King K. Rool, Black Shadow, and Palutena) aren't even mentioned or are on there (but thank god Shulk is on there!).

Still, this link is important to address two things:
1. Popularity matters. Even though Little Mac wasn't a popular request in Japan, he was in North America. It shows that Sakurai is taking requests worldwide rather than just strictly Japan.
2. Captain Rainbow is a popular request on that poll. Now, this is the very first time I saw his name come up in Japan's requests. For all we know, he could be heavily wanted in Japan…

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
2. Captain Rainbow is a popular request on that poll. Now, this is the very first time I saw his name come up in Japan's requests. For all we know, he could be heavily wanted in Japan…
It would be weird if he was considering how poorly his game sold. It's more likely he's a cult request with considerable following if anything.

D

Deleted member

It would be weird if he was considering how poorly his game sold. It's more likely he's a cult request with considerable following if anything.
Poor sales didn't stop some franchises from getting represented! (like EarthBound)

I can see Sakurai put Captain Rainbow on the roster as I am well aware that he likes that game, but I am not expecting him to get in due to that game's poor sales and relative obscurity. At most right now, I can see him make it in as an Assist Trophy.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Poor sales didn't stop some franchises from getting represented! (like EarthBound)

I can see Sakurai put Captain Rainbow on the roster as I am well aware that he likes that game, but I am not expecting him to get in due to that game's poor sales and relative obscurity. At most right now, I can see him make it in as an Assist Trophy.
Of course sales and popularity aren't all that matters. He would be a good off-the-wall character, but we already have Wii Fit. Though I'm for him being present in some form.

Top Bottom