• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Smash item Thread *UPDATE: PIT!*

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I have the feeling that you will only be able to use one final smash in a match, several more may spawn but you wont be able to pick them if you already performed it once before. And there will probably be a special option that increases this number of chances.

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
But if more spawn, you should be able to pick them up after you already used it, just so your opponents cannot. =)

Just wondering what you guys think, does Giga Bowser = Easy Jigglypuff Rest KO?

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
well, that gigabowser is either impervious to damage, or knockback, so i doubt it. Besides, any jiggs that dares get close to it will probably be giga fortressed into oblivion.

Solid_Snake_225

Smash Rookie
Hi am very new to this site but so far it is really cool everyone is really friendly so thank you all.

I think that the final Smash is a really cool feature and I have to admit it is amazing that each character will have a unique ability for it instead of everyones being the same. I cant wait till we see everyones because all of them are impressive. I am really wanting to see Snake's. I think the best for him would be a Metal Gear pops up and fires missiles, nukes or machine gun

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Lol nobody wants to play with items. You and Mic both are off your rocker if you think items are going to be in competitive Brawl. Id seriously bet like 5000$ items will be turned off in the official rules.

What?! Items are friggin' terrible!
Hmmm, let's see what somebody in the Smash Back Room (i.e. someone who is "elite") has to say:
when i made a topic in the broom about potentially using items in brawl, or at least giving them a small chance at first (just because i was curious/bored) the general concensus was no items, but potentially keeping the final smash attacks in the game

only time will tell, but i guarontee you teh final smash items will be given a chance
If exploding crates are off, a new niche tournament, item tournaments, could form. It could either have all the fair items, or each player can choose one item to be on in the item switch, so that the item is just one more element of strategy.

Chromeless

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I hope the game offers a mode where the final smash can be gained by alternate means. That way you could have the equivilent of a super meter which would set specific conditions to be met in order to gain the final smash, allowing the game to be more or less fair.

I think something like that would solve most of our problems.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Few guesses for me:

Yoshi: Bunch of yoshis stampede..

Zelda: All of the sages put their power together and do something.. magnificent. However, I still haven't played the newest Zelda installment so...

Wario: Bigger Wario Waft

Snake: Metal Gear (hopefully REX!!)

Donkey Kong: This is a tricky one.. Maybe his animal buddies come and kick people around.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
I bet DK's final smash makes him turn invincible and go ape s*** on everybody

Zelda: Uses the Triforce of Knowledge to put everyone on the stage over 50% to sleep for 8 seconds (best used if someone is trying to get back onto the stage). Or the sleep could last longer depending on how much damage each char. has; so if you have 5% damage and are trying to jump back onto the stage, it wont have much effect like if you had 85%.

Ganondorf: Ganon, or he pulls out the sword that he had on the victory screen in Melee

Snake: Busts out a Nikita or a Stinger and uses it like Samus's homing missles. It cannot be dropped, and has unlimited ammo. Lasts 11 seconds.

WW Link: Uses the wind waker to stir up winds that decrease the weight of all enemies by 50%

Isaac (from golden sun): Ragnarok or Oddysey, deals massive damage to one enemy

Sylux: Triangle Bomb, turns into his "morph ball" and slows down the game, except for him, allowing him to dash around the screen and plant the three bombs. Any enemies within the triangle after the third bomb receive 75% damage (because 175% would be ridiculous)

Fox: Slippy and Peppy fly around the stage, shooting random enemies (like an assist trophy)

Jiggs: Hyper Beam or Earth Power. Or "Mass Sing", which would work like the Zelda fs i described earlier.

Pit: Arrow Rain, fires an arrow into the sky that splits into 100 which fall to the battlefield. Think like the Power Drives of Galuda and Jack from Power Stone.

Lyn: Sol Katti, nuff said.

more to come....and I dont know a thing about Meta Knight, so i cant make a guess for him.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i like your dk final smash

another option is that he claps like jungle beat and if someone is in his shockwave circle he charges and punches them to oblivion (kinda like links)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh, I really like your WW Link FS! Very original!

As for Jigglypuff... she can't use Hyper Beam, technically. That skill is reserved for fully evolved Pokemon. Hyper Voice is a very likely move... or, of course, the Big Sing!

Baha

Smash Cadet
This thing shouldn't be an Item

IT SHOULD BE A FREAKING SUPER BAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_< **** you Nintendo you had the power to make it perfect and you chose a freaking item.

I can't wait to see Snake's final smash though. I bet its going to be snake yelling at you so hard that your enemy will die (and your friend in real life too !)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Agreed, but people would rather make 10 new threads instead. :p

The other FS thread was even on the first page when they made new ones...sheesh

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
Rofl, so what's even better than a character that you NEED an item to use?

One that creates several more items after....

This is absolutely ridiculous.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
People around here assume a lot. And you know what assuming makes you...you guessed it. And that's true for everyone who makes assumptions about this game.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
love the final...yes
love the Zamus transformation...no

don't get me wrong, I love the fact of playing as Zamus, but how she transforms is what i don't like. it raises too many questions

Stryks

Smash Hero
I agree colbus, it raises many questions, like can we still yuse her seperatly, can we start using zamus 1st, idk...

Still people are exagerating saying stuff like: OMG ZAMUS CNA ONYL B USD BYA FIANL TEH GAEM SUX!!1!one

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I love how Pit looks completely engulfed in the Zero Laser. If they disintegrate...omg. =D

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I agree colbus, it raises many questions, like can we still yuse her seperatly, can we start using zamus 1st, idk...

Still people are exagerating saying stuff like: OMG ZAMUS CNA ONYL B USD BYA FIANL TEH GAEM SUX!!1!one
i just really want to know whether Zamus is an advantage or a disadvantage. cause i want to grab the smash ball, but if she sucks, then i don't want to transform. but if she rocks, then i want her from the start.

hoping there's a loophole to this equation

Galeon

Smash Ace
Lol I could see it now. You turn into Zamus after finally getting your Smash Ball then bam, you suicide. Now you come back to the stage as Samus and lose any chance at going Zamus again.

That's worst case scenario of course.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Cross posted from another thread. Concerning the whole "one FS per match" idea:

Ok, just a thought on Final Smashes in general...

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.
Notice that this does NOT say "can be performed but once PER MATCH". I think it's far more realistic to assume that Sakurai means you can only perform a final smash one time for each time that you get a Smash Ball. In other words, once you pick up a Smash Ball, you only get to use the attack once, and don't get to do it again until you get ANOTHER Smash Ball.

Think about it. Say you play a stock 99 match (yes, I've actually done this ...), and you get a Smash Ball 3 minutes into the match. Do you really expect to have to play the entire rest of the match without one?

Or how about this scenario. You are in a 4 person FFA and you get the first Smash Ball. Now when the next one drops, is the game going to somehow prevent you from picking it up because you already had your "one Final Smash per match"? This just doesn't make sense at all. I think Sakurai's words are just being misinterpreted here and there is no "one Final Smash per character per match" limitation at all.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i always expected it to be only used once by that fighter. so in a match of samus vs. mario, if mario grabs one, he can't do another for the rest of the match, but samus can still use one.

but maybe you're right. i hope so, cause it would be neat to do numerous times in a match

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
After thinking about it, I almost guarantee that Sakurai means it can only be used once per Smash Ball. Once per match is just stupid when you can have a match that lasts 2 minutes, or one that lasts 30 minutes.

Caael

Smash Lord
i always expected it to be only used once by that fighter. so in a match of samus vs. mario, if mario grabs one, he can't do another for the rest of the match, but samus can still use one.

but maybe you're right. i hope so, cause it would be neat to do numerous times in a match
Well Zamus would be able to, because she's a different character, so i'm assuming she has a bacon that turns her back.

Lulz, imagine if she had to pick her armour up to go back to Samus. How annoying would that be, with one piece left, and some loser goes and fuzzes it off the edge.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well Zamus would be able to, because she's a different character, so i'm assuming she has a bacon that turns her back.

Lulz, imagine if she had to pick her armour up to go back to Samus. How annoying would that be, with one piece left, and some loser goes and fuzzes it off the edge.
For the new guys, when he says bacon he means Final, why bacon? dont ask...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Think about this people:

1) Smash Balls are listed under TECHNIQUES - not items. It may not be an item, and may require a special circumstance to appear.

2) ONCE per match!? That assumtion is rediculous considering people will usually have 4 - 10 lives, and multiple KO's happen during a match. Having one single opportunity to simply inflict damage is not even cool.

But - no one knows I guess.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Kinetic cajun:
"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

Taken from the site, it doesn say once per MATCH, ir says it can be performed but once, this could mean a lot of things:

Once per match
One smash ball will apepar only
One final smash per smash ball

Also the FINAL SMASH is on the technique list, no the SMASH BALL, because whats a final smash? its a over-powered attack, in other words A TECHNIQUE, the SMASH BALL triggers the FINAL SMASH, and it says there: "which is a precious item, indeed."

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i do hope for one final smash per smash ball. i hate the fact of only using it once per match, cause i like 99 stock matches will items full on out. wouldn't be any fun to only use it once

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
After thinking about it, I almost guarantee that Sakurai means it can only be used once per Smash Ball. Once per match is just stupid when you can have a match that lasts 2 minutes, or one that lasts 30 minutes.
I am in full agreement with you on this issue. Once per Smash ball is far more logical than once per match. Remember, the guy doesn't speak, or type perfect English, Sometimes somethings get lost in the translation, sometimes things are misinterpreted, such as Sakurai's smash ball description. I am also curious to see the final smashes of some of the other characters.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Its kind of interesting, when you think about it, that each character will have their own freakin awesome, personalized, super special awesome attack. But, will clones like say, Luigi have their B.A.C.O.N be modelled right after the original, so in Luigis case, would it be one big green fire related finale? perhaps it will still be different. we can only wait to find out...

EDIT:but when ya think about it, it would be kind of fun to set everything off except the smash balls, and have one big A 4 player free for all match, and the only attacks can be B.A.C.O.Ns, not serious, just for the heck of it.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
EDIT:but when ya think about it, it would be kind of fun to set everything off except the smash balls, and have one big A 4 player free for all match, and the only attacks can be B.A.C.O.Ns, not serious, just for the heck of it.
That is a good idea. I shall try it sometime.

Personally, the first thing I do with Brawl is going to be a FFA with nothing but banana peels and bumpers. Much hilarity will ensue I'm sure.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
This is good and all.
But thinking. On the sense that most people will want to use ZSamus because I guess you could say it's a "new" character.
I'm wondering if they will make her in terms crappy, because it only happens after Samus does the final smash.

P.S.
I've been seing a WHOLE lot of Snake Fanboyism lately.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to wonder that myself.

What about people who would want to use exclusively Zero-Suit Samus?

Would you have the option of doing so, somewhat like choosing between Zelda and Shiek before the match starts? Or would there be an option ingame to discard the armor prematurely?

If there isn't such a case, then people who want to exclusively play either Samus or Zero-Suit Samus now have a crutch to worry about. What's going to happen in item-less matches??

Top Bottom