• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fort Worth Classic #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
ome interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

When / how would this happen? Someone link me please.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
To answer your question, Fooly, I personally haven't heard of any cases of where players freezing up can get free after the opposing player lands a hit on them. You have to keep in mind that this is taken from BBR 3.0 and so A LOT of the kinks of that ruleset must be worked out to my liking.

This tournament is like testing out the tires out on a new car. You want them to be good, but you don't know how long it has been sitting there to be honest.

The rule will likely be removed.

OP UPDATE:

-Updated payout information in the situation that a tournament goes Round Robin.

-Added Contact information on Twitter and Facebook.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
5 brawl events? wtf lol
Well it might as well be considering he was going to apply some weird rules into the mix.

Anyways if anyone has any concerns about this, give me a call directly...and If I don't pick up, leave a message with your name and whatnot.

NeoBatou
817-707-1698

If you get in contact with me, we can arrange things or I can clarify on what you need clarifying....I have the TO experience and I will be watching.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Or give me a call directly:

214-881-7617

I may not be able to answer most Smash related questions satisfactorily, however, if you do have a ruling question, I will answer that to the best of my ability.

See you at the tournament April 16th

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Call him first if you have any questions....call me if there's other concerns or anything you want me to bring up or discuss that might be out of Sanji's knowledge.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
im pretty sure i can get out to this and revolution. i just might need housing or transportation.....or both.....
fml.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Yes, LT singles and doubles will be there with enough interest. Keep in mind that it will not be traditional LT as far as the tier list is concerned, so instead of E, F, and G tier for LT it will be D, E, F, G tier. That is part of the reason why I am advertising that tournament as a mid/low tier brawl tournament.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Less than a month away. Get Hype.

Oh, one small request, please pre-register. It doesn't cost any money up front, and it serves two purposes, one is that it is a head count of how many is committed to showing up and two, it will let me know ahead of time if there is a need for pools in any event. Please remember the numbers required for pools.

To pre-register, simply reply to this thread with the following information:

Name:
Nickname(for the bracket):
Location(real city and state please):
Games interested in entering:
Bringing setups, and if yes, for what games:

Please note: Despite the fact that this is a primary a Brawl tournament, I am in desperate need of PS3s with copies of Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, updated with the latest patches. Players who do bring those setups in, even if the events are ultimately canceled, will recieve full credit discounts on their venue fee.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Subscribing. I'll most likely be here.

Name: Anthony Velarde
Nickname(for the bracket): Dojo
Location(real city and state please): San Angelo, Tx
Games interested in entering: Brawl
Bringing setups, and if yes, for what games: No

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i would change that rule in your original post about using the wiimote. most people won't bother to read all this like i did and thus your turn out will be smaller as every1 will think this tournament is a joke. everybrawl tourney that has ever mattered ever allows wiimotes. might go to this now that they are legal again but still soooo much lol @ "must remove batteries or you're disqualified without money return or prize payout." makes it sound like a way to keep the money even after it's won because the tourny is over but the controller has batteries. i'd seriously change your wording so as to attract more people to actually go to this so you actually have turnout.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So LT events now include mid tier? This changes everything.

edit

If Dark Geese comes along, I HAVE to have a conversation with him. I knew him before I knew just who he was. Like 5-6 years ago.

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
i would like to go
my name is brian
my gamertag is tag
i live in Arizona
i want to join brawl singles and melee singles
and maybe fight a pro who knows :]
i am also willing to bring a melee setup

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
ok. Even though my mom's wedding is Friday, April 15th, they are having the reception on Saturday April 16th. .-. So now I'm a no show (sooo gay)

Denti

Smash Master
That's lame that you can't make it.. :(

Also I just finished advertising this to a ton of regions. I can house anyone that wants it... like no joke. I could house like 40-50 people XD

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Yo, OK Melee may be interested but we would love to see Melee teams.

The last two tourneys we went to actually had equal or higher turnouts for Melee, and DFW Melee is hot stuff so I bet It'd be popular. We also have some down for MvC3.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I can run just about anything with enough interest, time and set ups. With less than two weeks to go, I haven't even got the schedual finalized yet, which I will either today or tomorrow.

Not to mention that after this tournament, everything that you know about tournaments will change forever.

Denti

Smash Master
I'll probably be entering brawl singles, doubles and items. I'm really sad that smash balls aren't on though.. XD

I might change my mind and enter brawl mid tier singles depending on who shows up to this.. and if life is going well I might enter mid tier doubles too XD

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'll be there, I'm entering Singles and Doubles. If I join any other tournaments it'll be on a whim.

I'll join low tier if Ziggy is coming.

Federal_Her0

Smash Rookie
Name: Fernando Martinez
Nickname(for the bracket): Fher0
Location(real city and state please): Arlington, Tx
Games interested in entering: Brawl Singles & Doubles
Bringing setups, and if yes, for what games: none, this may change short notice if that is ok with the TO.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Name: Mike
Nickname for the bracket: Swaka
Games interested in entering: Brawl Singles and Items singles
Bringing setups: No, but if you really need help as it get closer the date sure just tell me what is needed.
plus I dont know what time this starts at?

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Name: Mike
Nickname for the bracket: Swaka
Games interested in entering: Brawl Singles and Items singles
Bringing setups: No, but if you really need help as it get closer the date sure just tell me what is needed.
plus I dont know what time this starts at?
I have the schedule right here. Freshly finalized.

9:00 AM - Registration starts/Friendlies begins/Setup Venue
12:00 PM - Beat the Pro Challenge Starts
12:30 PM - Brawl Singles start.
2:00 PM- Super Street Fighter 4 Bracket starts Followed immediately by Marvel vs. Capcom 3;
3:30 PM - Brawl Doubles start, Melee Singles start
5:00 PM - Brawl Singles Bracket start(if pools were necessary)
6:30 PM - Mid/Low tier Brawl Singles start
7:00 PM - Item Standard Play Brawl Singles start
7:30 PM - Mid/Low Tier Brawl Doubles start
GTFO and go home!

Forge

Smash Rookie
Fogo and I may very possibly be coming, we just need to work out some of the details. Will post again when finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom