• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The friendly dinosaur, all alone. Yoshi character discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I've thought about it, and what you say does make sense, but I do too! Where is your evidence that Sakurai doesn't do it by an average?
Shy Guy's trophy being placed in the Mario series rather than the Yoshi series. Pure, undeniable evidence. This shows that Sakurai and most likely his development team view Shy Guy as a Mario character, not a a "Yoshi character". This proves that, as far as we know, Shy Guy would be a Mario character if he was playable.

Don't even try to counter this with your regular "Sakurai could have changed his mind" stuff.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Look, I'm going to bed now, and will leave you with this. That is your only evidence, out-dated 4-year-old enything-could-have-happened evidence.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Look, I'm going to bed now, and will leave you with this. That is your only evidence, out-dated 4-year-old enything-could-have-happened evidence.
I'm sorry, but it's more evidence than you have. And once again, the whole, "anything could have happened" thing is a worthless argument. No matter how many times you try it, it will never work, because we simply do not know. Sure maybe something has happened. But then again, maybe something hasn't We don't know. We do know what Sakurai and his team has done in the past, however. 4-year-old evidence is still evidence. And isn't Yoshi's series even more outdated than Brawl? :rolleyes:

I haven't seen a counter to that argument either. You keep using it over and over, and I counter it, but you ignore the fact that I countered it and keep using it.

In short, read what Opposum said:

Opposum said:
Again, you're basis for your argument is things that could have happened. We're, logically, using things that have happened. All you're doing is losing credibility. And fast.
He's exactly right.

D

Deleted member

Batman is likely to be in.
After all, Sakurai could have changed his mind about non-video game characters as Batman is pretty cool. :awesome:

jigglover

Smash Lord
The Yoshi series is out-dated in terms of games, but it still gets references and the like in mario spin-offs. This includes every mario spin-off of which shy guy is in. Also shy guy is generally placed near or around Yoshi in screen-shots or official videos, I also found this on super mario wiki:
Shy Guys' first chronological and true Mario appearance is in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
This is interesting since we both know it a Yoshi game, is it not?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This argument is the reason why we should abolish series representations and have characters with their own icons

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
The Yoshi series is out-dated in terms of games, but it still gets references and the like in mario spin-offs. This includes every mario spin-off of which shy guy is in. Also shy guy is generally placed near or around Yoshi in screen-shots or official videos, I also found this on super mario wiki:
Shy Guys' first chronological and true Mario appearance is in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
This is interesting since we both know it a Yoshi game, is it not?
Only two things to say:

1) No one cares what the characters first chronological appearance was. The point is, the character originated within the Mario series. Guess what? The same game was also the first appearance for Mario chronologically. It was the first game in the entire series chronologically.

2) ^ That doesn't even matter due to a point I continue to bring up, but you continue to ignore. I'll quote myself so I don't have to type it again:

Shy Guy's trophy being placed in the Mario series rather than the Yoshi series. Pure, undeniable evidence. This shows that Sakurai and most likely his development team view Shy Guy as a Mario character, not a a "Yoshi character". This proves that, as far as we know, Shy Guy would be a Mario character if he was playable.

Don't even try to counter this with your regular "Sakurai could have changed his mind" stuff.
Until you come up with a logical argument for this, you have no hope of ever being right. If you can't come up with a logical argument, you need to just admit you are wrong. To help, I'll show you a couple arguments you've already tried, but already failed:

1) "Sakurai could have changed his mind." ~ We have no reason to believe this. We've explained enough why this argument sucks.

2) "That evidence is out-dated." ~ Yoshi's Island is also out-dated. But that doesn't even matter, because no matter how outdated it is, it's all we've got. You've got nothing. Find another more recent piece of evidence to counter this, or don't use this argument.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Didn't Mario first appear in Donkey Kong?

Does that make Mario a Donkey Kong character?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Didn't Mario first appear in Donkey Kong?

Does that make Mario a Donkey Kong character?
I've tried that, in that post I made more sense than his reply! :awesome::awesome:
Yoshi did, that means yoshi is a mario character.
Wario did, that means Wario is a mario character.

I'd also like to give you a bit of useless trivia. Yoshi was originally planned to be a Pokemon! Interesting huh?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I've tried that, in that post I made more sense than his reply!
You have not yet made a single ounce of sense. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

I'd also like to give you a bit of useless trivia. Yoshi was originally planned to be a Pokemon! Interesting huh?
Sounds interesting, but also highly improbable. You do realize that Yoshi was a character almost a decade before Pokemon was originally released, don't you?

D

Deleted member

No. The only thing we know about what Yoshi was "going to be" was a species of Koopa.
That saddle on his back? It was going to be his shell.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
there was no way Yoshi couldve been a pokemon. mario came out like a decade before pokemon. you may be referring to the common hack to get Yoshi in Pokemon. that was always a popular rumor as well as Kirby

jigglover

Smash Lord
there was no way Yoshi couldve been a pokemon. mario came out like a decade before pokemon. you may be referring to the common hack to get Yoshi in Pokemon. that was always a popular rumor as well as Kirby
Maybe. But I would have thought Yoshi to be a Pokemon before Koopa.

Updated OP with a moveset for shyguy.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Kamek, Baby Mario Bros., and ShyGuy all sound like amazing potential characters for the game. I'd love to see them in action. Mostly Kamek, though. Let's see if Sakurai actually decides to give the Yoshi series a new rep for once.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yoshi is perfectly fine with Yoshi.
Although I would love to see Kamek.
And what if Yoshi got Baby Mario on his back? It wouldn't do much, but it would be a change in appearance that better represents Yoshi's Island.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Kamek or Baby Mario. No Shy Guy. I mean, how did they get so much support? They're a generic enemy. Each member of a species (besides most of the Pokemon) have reason. Yoshi is THE Yoshi. Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur are Red's Pokemon. Toad would be THE Toad. Bandanna Dee is a specific Waddle Dee which uses a spear. Kamek is THE Kamek, not a generic Magikoopa. This would be a normal Shy Guy, not a specific character, just a generic Shy Guy enemy.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Kamek or Baby Mario. No Shy Guy. I mean, how did they get so much support? They're a generic enemy. Each member of a species (besides most of the Pokemon) have reason. Yoshi is THE Yoshi. Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur are Red's Pokemon. Toad would be THE Toad. Bandanna Dee is a specific Waddle Dee which uses a spear. Kamek is THE Kamek, not a generic Magikoopa. This would be a normal Shy Guy, not a specific character, just a generic Shy Guy enemy.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I hate to shoot my own supportee in the foot but Shyguy was in Mario Kart DS to represent all those without their own copy of the game. Those with no Mario Kart identity if you will. A generic character for players with no character of their own.

Before I end this post though, I would like to add that this means Shyguy isn't just a generic enemy but THE generic enemy of choice, atleast after the koopa troopers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom