• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Godly Jigglypuff.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Its not like she was doing it in place. DI only does so much and air dodging wasn't working on the extended hit boxes.
DI works and extended hitboxes do not work like that. Jigglypuff has no attacks that last so long you can't airdodge out of them except Pound, for which there's DI and normal "aerialing them before they can pound you again".

Also I want to add that I'm not "amazingly bad". I'm actually quite good. Especially with Luigi. If you want me to prove that I'll be more then happy.
If she managed to Pound two of you guys at the same time... several times over in a "combo", then you guys were bad.

She was pound chasing us. she'd pound us we'd float away and she'd chase us. How does the wall of pain work? very similar except its not a wall pushing to the side but up. Theres more knockback for us then lag for her BTW.
The Wall of Pain does not use Pound. Because it's so friggin slow and laggy and easily punished (especially now that you can do stuff after an airdodge). "There's more knockback for than lag" is illogical and in no way connected to each other. I know for a fact there is less stun than lag, so you can move before she can.

If there's so much knockback, then she shouldn't be able to "poundchase" you so easily.

This Jiggly was amazing because he/she managed to abuse pound. Yes. She was. I never said Jigglypuff in general was amazing. I only said THIS Jigglypuff was amazing simply because she was. Anybody who does anything in brawl can be duplicated. You make it sound like anybody can do something so unique that nobody can replicate it. By the way I already corrected myself. She landed before she threw him. Maybe you'd like to read something before making such idiotic accusations.
If it's just her, then why are you switching mains? She managed to do something because you guys fell for it. She's only amazing if she can do it against a lot of good players.

You corrected yourself, but the original post was not edited. I did not read every single post in this thread before replying. I would've taken way too long. If you don't want people to "misunderstand" you, edit the original post.

The point wasn't that she threw him into me, the point was that she was dealing with two human players simultaneously and doing more then appropriate moves to deal with both of us.
Wow! How amazing! It's not like anyone who's even half-***** at Smash can't do the same! Seriously, if you think this is great playing, then you're not really that good. Anyone who can claim to be decent should be able to do this.

I already told you that I'm not bad. I'd really enjoy proving it to you too.
If you got "Pound-chased" and "Pound-comboed", then you were very bad (at least in that specific match). Or maybe you just don't know how to fight Jigglypuff and happen to be very bad against Jigglypuff.

The point remains, going by your description of what happened, what the Jiggz did was in no way impressive. And it was only possible due to the bumblings of her opponents.

D

Deleted member

I wanna see the vid!

I main G&W, Marth, Ike, Sonic, and Jiggly
I used to be awesome as Jiggly back in Melee but they toned her down

Dojo

Smash Champion
lolz Yuna. Lighten up a bit bro. Good play, bad play, it's a game man. And it was actually a funny little story.

I'd rather see something like this to make me chuckle a bit then over 90% of the useless threads that have absolutely no meaning, other than scrubs trying to raise post count, posted by the countless noobs everywhere now.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I agree with Yuna. If you get comboed in Brawl then you either suck or you don't know how to play Brawl.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Is Yuna's job official killjoy? This was a funny story with some great one-liners about jigglypuff. I'm not sure this post deserved that vitriol, to be frank.

Glick

Smash Lord
Hey yuna. Are you trying to be an *******?
Lets put aside the fact thats its online, and airdodging isn't exactly easy especially against a jigglypuffs pound.
I just went into training and tried to duplicate that pound combo on a lvl 9 on the *run* setting.

I couldn't do it.
I'm admitting it. I couldn't do it. They Airdodged behind me.
But I could do the combo on a level 9 on the *attack* setting.

A rising pound+jumping; back and forth got me a 3 hit combo, and a dair.

All I had to do was grab and roll.

You misread everything I said.
Theres no way should could pound us both from either side. She pounded me, I got thrown into the air. She pounded ivysaur, he flew into the air. The lag is over by time you come back down.

You didn't seem to answer the part where I said I'll prove I'm not bad. You know what, I'm going to challenge you using a jigglypuff.

Feel free to record it. You can spam your TL and I'll still either win or come close to it, and then you can see whos a "bad player"

I'm done being an internet tough guy because you like to antagonize a playful post about some silly game.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
It really doesn't matter if you were all "professionals", it's just a funny story, really.

I play Jiggs regularly, and I hope someday I can destroy people like that!

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
OP: If you are going to show us the video, then quit jerking us around and show us the video man. There was already a person who offered to have it up for ya.

Also, I want to apoligize for Yuna; he didn't have reeses for breakfast, and he tends to get a bit testy about people bragging about a bad *** jiggly when one just will not exist on Wi-Fi.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i played a sick jiggs dude. like once people start playing a brawl styled jiggs im in trouble. and i wanted to take it easy on him but his jiggs was too good wtfffff

*edit

and wtf lmfao why should the jigglypuff player be a fat asian chick!?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You didn't seem to answer the part where I said I'll prove I'm not bad. You know what, I'm going to challenge you using a jigglypuff.

Feel free to record it. You can spam your TL and I'll still either win or come close to it, and then you can see whos a "bad player"
*eats popcorn*

Glick

Smash Lord
I'm trying to take a video of it using the camera but size of my sisters camera memory is to small. The only SD card I have is the one in my wii, so I'll use that just for the recording. Its like 4GB. Who knows why I got one so big.

I'm not going to be on for a while. Finals and all. But I'll be back in about a week, and I'll have the video for you.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sorry if it sounded like I was being hateful. I was just being my usual sarcastic self... and a bit harsh.

Because I'm sick and tired of these threads of people recounting "amazing stories" about "amazing Smash" when all it comes down to is bad play.

Glick, never base what's possible and what isn't possible off of computers. Computers most often do not DI nor do they immediately try to attack out of stun. If you set it to attack, the computer will not react "the right way".

With proper DI and spamming of aerials, I assure you, Jiggz cannot pound-combo people into pounds or Dairs.

D

Deleted member

I've been waiting for about 10 days and nothing happened so where is this guy?

SheikahBlood

Smash Cadet
lol glick,your obsessed with jigglypuff its even in your online comment just give it a rest :p

Glick

Smash Lord
I played against a good jigglypuff and I heavily exaderated it.

I was planing on saying JK but everyone was eating it up.
It was more like writing practice, and I was trying to make a nice story.

lol.

no theres no video. Since it never happened.
I was laughing at yunas bull**** till he started being an ******* not unlike his other posts.

I just wanted to let it die. sort of funny, really.

Well anyway.
I main jigglypuff now.
I'm pretty good at her too.

Anybody wants to 1v1 with a good counterpick?

Glick

Smash Lord
Actually, no.
I wasn't trolling. I wasn't trying to make people mad. Just tell them a good story.
Learn to internetspeak.

Glick

Smash Lord
Don't make me use my Ike mr glick,or you can just play BOSS :)
Ike isn't really a counter pick but if a Ike plays right he can be. I'll just take out Luigi if I'm getting owned too bad.

Edit: Just remembered those battles we had where you owned me with Ike over and over again.
I was shaking with anger.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, no.
I wasn't trolling. I wasn't trying to make people mad. Just tell them a good story.
Learn to internetspeak.
Then explain:
"No theres no video. Since it never happened."

You lied and made stuff up and when called on how ridiculous your story was went defensive and acidic. You didn't start out trolling. You ended up trolling, however.

Glick

Smash Lord
Then explain:
"No theres no video. Since it never happened."

You lied and made stuff up and when called on how ridiculous your story was went defensive and acidic. You didn't start out trolling. You ended up trolling, however.
I was going along with it. When people asked about the story and those who were skeptical, I just answered.

but when YOU were skeptical you acted like an *******. Completely. As usual.
So I got pissed off. Are you honestly surprised at this rate? Every post I see of yours has a backlash.
You ever wonder why?

I bet its because your always so right and people are jealous of how witty and smart you are.

oh and my challenge is still up.

Well, there's goes any form of respect anyone on SWF is ever going to give you.
^ agreed

10lies
Ok. I took my joke a little far.
go back and read it, and look how ridiculous it is.
I expected everyone to call me out on it. Not just a few people.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was going along with it. When people asked about the story and those who were skeptical, I just answered.
Your answers were worse than your story as they were still improbable.

but when YOU were skeptical you acted like an *******. Completely. As usual.
So I got pissed off. Are you honestly surprised at this rate? Every post I see of yours has a backlash.
You ever wonder why?
I was never an *******. I was just my usual sarcastic self. I wasn't all flowers and candy but I was still civil and just kept a very questioning tone... and I said that the Jiggz wasn't amazing, her opponents were just bad. I never insulted anyone's intelligence, I didn't use expletives or do anything else really bad.

And then you freaked out.

I bet its because your always so right and people are jealous of how witty and smart you are.
Anything can have backlash if enough idiots frequent the boards. While my posts often have backlash because I'm unforgiving, they have vastly much more support.

oh and my challenge is still up.
What challenge? 1on1 through Online against your Jiggz? I don't play online. It lags too much.

Ok. I took my joke a little far.
go back and read it, and look how ridiculous it is.
I expected everyone to call me out on it. Not just a few people.
Yet you waited almost 3 weeks to admit to it being a lie.

Glick

Smash Lord
Yet you waited almost 3 weeks to admit to it being a lie.
I expected it to die.
I didn't feel like bumping my dieing thread with more bull****. And I didn't feel like ruining everyones fun.

Yeah it was a lie.
It was a joke as well.

I'm not replying to your crap Yuna. I didn't go "crazy" I replied upset to your annoying ******* sarcasm.

Just because you were being your "usual" sarcastic self, doesn't mean its okay.
It just means your usually an *******. not that difficult to understand.

And I'm not going to just get used to you because thats the way you like to talk.

§leepy God

Smash Master
You should had posted this thread in the Jigglypuff boards because it's about a character. I will read all of the first post now.

Glick

Smash Lord
Being even slightly non-neutral/non-polite =/= Being an *******
Did you know I can't hear your tone of voice over text?
So your a little hard to read.

I think you were being a a lot "non-polite".

You should had posted this thread in the Jigglypuff boards because it's about a character. I will read all of the first post now.
Thats true.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did you know I can't hear your tone of voice over text?
So your a little hard to read.

I think you were being a a lot "non-polite".
Your thoguhts =/= Fact.

Let me quote myself and do an analysis of what I said:

Me said:
Most "Amazing play"-recounts are just recounts of "Amazingly bad play" from the opponents.
Pretty much fact nowadays on these boards. Also, neutral.

Me said:
I'm sorry, Jigglypuff managed to Pound two people over and over again at the same time? She shouldn't even be able to pound you twice as a combo or even a half-***** string because of how much she lags afterwards!
Also fact, also neutral (I'm not criticizing anyone specifically or calling anyone out. I'm merely saying "What you say happened should not have happened").

Me said:
You think Jiggz is amazing because some Jiggz player managed to abuse the Pound against some anonymous bad players? Um.. yah. Also, what the hell was that about Jiggz, while flying off from a move, grabbing someone and throwing them at you? Did you mean hitting someone into you? How amazing! It's not like everyone can't do that!
Also neutral. I'm questioning what you said as it was a bit unclear... and weird (and now we know why). I'm questioning why you find Jiggz amazing when nothing you told us about in the OP makes her amazing.

Me said:
No, this is simply yet another recount of bad players playing badly against a better opponent. I guess Mewtwo is God in Melee then because Taj can destroy Foxes.
Here I was talking about the people who got "Pound combod". Also, calling you a bad player =/= Being an ******* if I can motivate why you're a bad player ("You fell for a 'Pound combo', something virtually impossible... unless you're bad.").

Me said:
DI works and extended hitboxes do not work like that. Jigglypuff has no attacks that last so long you can't airdodge out of them except Pound, for which there's DI and normal "aerialing them before they can pound you again".
Neutral.

Me said:
If she managed to Pound two of you guys at the same time... several times over in a "combo", then you guys were bad.

The Wall of Pain does not use Pound. Because it's so friggin slow and laggy and easily punished (especially now that you can do stuff after an airdodge). "There's more knockback for than lag" is illogical and in no way connected to each other. I know for a fact there is less stun than lag, so you can move before she can.

If there's so much knockback, then she shouldn't be able to "poundchase" you so easily.
Neutral.

Me said:
If it's just her, then why are you switching mains? She managed to do something because you guys fell for it. She's only amazing if she can do it against a lot of good players.
Neutral.

Me said:
You corrected yourself, but the original post was not edited. I did not read every single post in this thread before replying. I would've taken way too long. If you don't want people to "misunderstand" you, edit the original post.
Asking you to do something, but still civil.

Me said:
Wow! How amazing! It's not like anyone who's even half-***** at Smash can't do the same! Seriously, if you think this is great playing, then you're not really that good. Anyone who can claim to be decent should be able to do this.
Questioning your ability, not neutral, but, hey, hardly being an *******, especially since you were saying horrendously stupid stuff (even if it was just a joke) all the while claiming to be good.

Me said:
If you got "Pound-chased" and "Pound-comboed", then you were very bad (at least in that specific match). Or maybe you just don't know how to fight Jigglypuff and happen to be very bad against Jigglypuff.
Neutral. I specified that you might've just played badly in that one game or that you might just not have had experience against Jiggz.

Me said:
The point remains, going by your description of what happened, what the Jiggz did was in no way impressive. And it was only possible due to the bumblings of her opponents.
Neutral.

Where's the *******dness?

Top Bottom