• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Green Lesbian is back! Learn sm4sh Samus from Brawl's best Samus player! Updated 2/19/2015!

pieisamazing

Smash Cadet
if he powershield your charge shot at point blank rage he will most def be able to punish you.
I think you misunderstood what he was asking.

He meant if the Samus player perfect shields a [laggy enough] attack, can she can drop/jump cancel shield and punish with a charge shot.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think you misunderstood what he was asking.

He meant if the Samus player perfect shields a [laggy enough] attack, can she can drop/jump cancel shield and punish with a charge shot.
It depends on the lag of the attack Samus power shielded but yeah it should be possible.

Last edited:

pieisamazing

Smash Cadet
It depends on the lag of the attack Samus power shielded but yeah it should be possible.
I'm sure there will be frame data about advantage on shield and whatever in its entirety at some point, but that seems like it would be a way off in the future.

I'd be interested to see (as soon as someone who knows how can do it), the data on being able to use charge shot to punish moves when they are shielded/power shielded. Maybe restrict the list of moves to common ones or ones for characters that Samus currently has a bad matchup against.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
OK, this video was posted by somebody else in another threa, but we were talking about Bombs and if they can be used in the game. This guy seems to use them pretty good to cover the edges. I'm not sure if any of us would have any comments about this, because mainly I've noticed that bombs are often punished for how open you stay for an attack after using one. But if there is a option for using bombs without taking the risk of taking damage, then maybe it's worth taking a shot at it.

I've been playing with some pretty good players and I'm having troubles landing some grabs and Air fsmash. When would you recommend using mostly the Grabs for Samus? Because I'm oftenlly getting punished for failed grabs because of the starting lag. And would you guys recommend using Short Hop Air fsmash? I keep trying, but it doesn't work for me.

Xyro77

"Air fsmash" is known as "F-air"

^f-air has been Nerfed and buffed in this game. Nerfed because it has extreme lag when landing while your fair is out. Buffed because it can kill of used on a foe off stage. I recommend only using fair after a full hop or while off stages because this prevents you from landing while the move is active.

As for grabbing. Samus grab is famous for being one of the worst in the game because it is a tether grab. But it being a tether grab is also an advantage because you can pivot grab with it and still have great range. So the best way to use Samus grab is to pivot grab. Meaning, if a foe jumps towards you, run away and pivot grab.

Last edited:

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
3DS Stages where ledge works with Samus

Since Xyro shall be listing all the stages from the Wii U version where ledge works, I’ll be listing all the stages for the 3DS version. After hours of playing in practice mode and doing a large variety of tries, here’s the list of the first stages. Note that there are two zairs that can be used for the situation. Neutral zair which followed by a Screw Attack will take you back to the edge. And forward zair which will take you back up on stage. Something interesting is that forward zair can sometimes pierce through the edge, while neutral zair can’t. Here’s the list and a small guide:

(Yes) = Neutral zair as well as fzair can land a hit.
(fz) = Only a forward zair can land a hit, neutral zair can’t.
(No) = Neither forward zair or neutral zair can land a hit.

Battlefield: Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes) Inner Platforms (Yes)
Note: With N Zair, short hits enter. With F zair, long hits enter.
Battlefield Omega: Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes)
Note: With N Zair, short hits enter. With F zair, long hits enter.

Final Destination: Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes)

Final Destination (Omega): Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes)

3D Land: No Main Edges

3D Land (Omega): Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes)

Golden Plains: No Main Edges

Golden Plains (Omega): Left Edge (fz) Right Edge (fz)

Rainbow Road (Main Platform): Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes) Inner Platforms (Yes)

Rainbow Road (Omega): Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes)

Paper Mario:

+Green Lands: No Left Edge (-) Right Edge (Yes)

+Boat: Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes) Inner Platforms (Yes)

+Bowser’s Castle: No Left Edge (-) No Right Edge (-) Inner Platforms (Yes)

Paper Mario (Omega): Left Edge (fz) Right Edge (fz)

Mushroomy Kingdom: No Main Edges

Mushroomy Kingdom (Omega): Left Edge (fz) Right Edge (fz)

Jungle Japes: Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes) Inner Platforms (Yes)

Jungle Japes (Omega): Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes)

Gerudo Valley (Inside Bridge): Left Edge (No) Right Edge (No) Inner Platforms (Yes)

Gerudo Valley (Omega): Left Edge (No) Right Edge (No)

Spirit Train: No Main Edges

Spirit Train (Omega): Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes)

Brinstar: Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes) Inner Platforms (Yes)
Note: In Brinstar there are veins that connect the platforms. These veins can interfere with zair. Ledge on the platform from the right can sometimes not hit.

Brinstar (Omega): Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes)

Yoshi’s Island: Left Edge (Yes) Right Edge (Yes) Inner Platforms (Yes)
Note: Only the sweet spot can land the hit. Practically useless.

Yoshi’s Island (Omega): Left Edge (No) Right Edge (No)

Last edited:

Savez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0962-9913-3965
Wait. What does it mean "where ledge works"?

You mean ledgedrop, jump, zair?

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Complete newb questions:

1. What is the difference between a forward Zair (fZair) and Neutral Zair (nZair)? Is it how fast they pull you up to the ledge or something else?

2. Why can't I guarantee the Zair to come out and latch onto the ledge? Sometimes I use Nair when I clearly pressed the grab button while I am facing the ledge off stage and lose a stock because of it. Is that what Xyro77 and Los4Muros are testing out with these "where ledge work with Samus"?

Thanks in advance!

Savez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0962-9913-3965
Complete newb questions:

1. What is the difference between a forward Zair (fZair) and Neutral Zair (nZair)? Is it how fast they pull you up to the ledge or something else?

2. Why can't I guarantee the Zair to come out and latch onto the ledge? Sometimes I use Nair when I clearly pressed the grab button while I am facing the ledge off stage and lose a stock because of it. Is that what Xyro77 and Los4Muros are testing out with these "where ledge work with Samus"?

Thanks in advance!
1) No clue
2) AFAIK it's because you might be in your freefall animation (tumbling through the air) when you're pressing L

Last edited:

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
1) No clue
2) AFAIK it's because you might be in your freefall animation (tumbling through the air) when you're pressing L
when you mean freefall you mean when the fighter starts flashing grey and white and is unable to respond until touching down on ground, correct? Nope. I'mma newb but not an idiot. I understand the basics of Smash.

What I mean is when I am knocked off stage and CLEARLY in tether range for Zair yet I keep getting Nair while NOT in freefall or hitstun (I wouldn't get Nair If I was in either state). I remember someone else stating they had the same problem.

Thanks replying, Savez

DoubtComplex

Smash Rookie
when you mean freefall you mean when the fighter starts flashing grey and white and is unable to respond until touching down on ground, correct? Nope. I'mma newb but not an idiot. I understand the basics of Smash.

What I mean is when I am knocked off stage and CLEARLY in tether range for Zair yet I keep getting Nair while NOT in freefall or hitstun (I wouldn't get Nair If I was in either state). I remember someone else stating they had the same problem.

Thanks replying, Savez
By freefall he means when you are in a state of uncontrolled falling but you have gained access to actions(that tumbling he mentioned). If you press Z you will instead do an A attack, the simple fix for this is to airdodge(or any actions) then press z to land your grapple recovery.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
By freefall he means when you are in a state of uncontrolled falling but you have gained access to actions(that tumbling he mentioned). If you press Z you will instead do an A attack, the simple fix for this is to airdodge(or any actions) then press z to land your grapple recovery.
Oops. Mah bad, Savez. I've always known freefall as the state every character is put in after using their up-b.

So that's why? Why would the controls change for a short time? If I wanted to Nair I would use my standard attack button. Thanks to both of you for correcting me and for the insight. One last question: what does the Z button do? I haven't used a GC controller in a long time and have conformed to the 3ds controls. If I remember correctly, the Z is used exclusively for tethers.

Sorry for being such a newb.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
Complete newb questions:

Thanks in advance!
Since they already answered your second question, I'll answer the first. Yes I mean the ledgedrop, jump and then zair. There isn't really such a thing as a forward zair. Yet if while using zair to push in a hit on an edge, moving forward while using zair will make the hit land while keeping the zair neutral won't. But only on some stages. The advantage of this is having it pierce the stage, but since you're pushing yourself forward, you'll land on stage instead of holding on to the edge if you don't do your specing right. There are different results by keeping it neutral than pushing yourself forward. It's weird, I know, but give it a try.
So far Gerudo Valley (Omega) and Yoshi's Island are the stages where they don't land. Although I need to continue checking other stages.

DoubtComplex

Smash Rookie
One last question: what does the Z button do? I haven't used a GC controller in a long time and have conformed to the 3ds controls.
the z button is actually just A + (L or R) at the same time, so if you were to hold it you'd get a throw whiff then shield. etc etc.

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Ok, after playing for a good while I have fallen in love with Samus and her playstyle, but I have reached a wall. I am having problems with DHD and also problems with getting juggled. Any tips? I learned about the power of the zair in this thread so I'm excited to integrate that. I played brawl casually but have been to two local tournaments and grabbed first place (not really competitive tbh) so I am hoping to rep Samus the best I can here.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
the z button is actually just A + (L or R) at the same time, so if you were to hold it you'd get a throw whiff then shield. etc etc.
Thanks you!

Ok, after playing for a good while I have fallen in love with Samus and her playstyle, but I have reached a wall. I am having problems with DHD and also problems with getting juggled. Any tips? I learned about the power of the zair in this thread so I'm excited to integrate that. I played brawl casually but have been to two local tournaments and grabbed first place (not really competitive tbh) so I am hoping to rep Samus the best I can here.
Keep in mind this is coming from someone who's knowledge of the DHD MU is based on For glory spammers. Take a little salt with this.

Keep your distance and charge your lazer. Shield or dodge projectiles when they come close enough. This shouldn't be a problem if you space yourself since all his projectiles are slow. Fire your missiles to trade with the discs and to set-off Xplosive Cans. FIRE YOR LAZZA only when the can and the hunters are not in the way. Both of those will eat up a fully charged shot. If your opponent chooses to move closer to force you to shield or roll while charging this is when I would charge them head on, but not recklessly. Samus's dash attack is great for punishing a disc but only when you correctly predict the move since the attack will lose to a disc. Time it accordingly. Also, for a dash attacks, be aware of the can. Dash attack will lose to a can if you are too late. Do not grab often as wiffing will lead to a projectile to the face or worse, an up-throw that leads to juggling. Abstain from an air-to-ground assault as DHD is small and the only option you could hit them with is DAIR which has too much landing-lag to be safe on DHD at lower-percents.

Repeat this process whenever the fight resets to neutral.

You can either choose to play the camp game against them and will probably win so long as you catch DHD with enough charge shots (best to shoot them with a fully-charged shot just as they launch a disc. The shot will eat the disc and hit DHD) or you can go in and melee them. If you do go in (I suggest you do but cautiously) make sure to carry a fully charged shot before going in. To get past the projectiles you should mix-up between shielding, rolling, spot-dodging, and jumping (though do this rarely and cautiously as she is floaty). Another important thing, and this applies to almost every MU, rely on tilts. Her jab1 sucks until medium percentages.and her tilts work best when spaced. Luckily, DHD has little range and I find their standard attacks lack-luster in speed, knockback, and damage. Only melee move I regularly expect and see is the dash attack. Once you have the offensive do not let up until the risk is too great. Fire the fully-charged shot when they least expect it or you want to punish.

If you ever find yourself at a projectile stand-off make sure to play mind games with your missile kinds and charge shot. Particularly, I will semi-charge a charge shot only to fire it to trade with another projectile or to surprise the opponent when they rush towards me and I will keep a fully-charged shot for a decent time to either get them to choose a punishable option or to fire unexpectedly. Try not to keep at this though. Eventually you should make a break for a melee attack.

No DHD jumps often so don't anticipate an air-to-ground attack or a jump>disc unless you jump regularly (I told you not to do that). They may use jump to give the Explosive Can a bit more horizontal distance but it won't be much and this is punishable. Because of this tendency, don't try to read a jump with any attack unless your particular opponent likes jumping.

Important for any MU, but easily done with DHD, is to take note of what your opponent does. DHD is a very straight-forward character and most players have a tendency to roll in a specific direction regularly and fire projectiles in a routine form. Take note of their play patterns. For example one particular player will almost always lays down a can to absorb fire> launch two discs> move Xplosive Can forward > launch more discs, etc. Not saying this is what a good player does but most do and the character is a very readable one.

In summary, don't worry about campers. Just charge your cannon and anticipate projectiles and surprise dash attacks/grabs. When they finally do corner you at the ledge be ready to either surprise them with a semi-charged shot or get ready to charge them. Only attack head on when they are vulnerable and attack suddenly. Be patient. Rely on tilts. Abstain from grabbing unless you can guarantee landing the tether. "Play" with them a little to see what their tendencies are.

Hope this helps!

Okay, now to rant about being juggled. Do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT double jump to avoid getting juggled. Accept it. Samus is heavy enough to take a little abuse and since most character's combos aren't too damaging, just take the abuse. Only double jump to avoid juggling when at kill percents and the opponent can reach you. In both scenarios, use your down-B to drop bombs to discourage follow-up attacks(only at distances though) and to make getting to the edge easier. The edge is where Samus shines and this is what you frequently want to move towards after being on the defensive. Only time I would try to return to the ground directly is when the opponent is too far away to land another attack. This is very rare though.
If you do choose this route, stay alert but not anxious. Whiffing any move will result in bad landing lag, unless you use Nair but that's not too easy to land on grounded opponents. Stay away from Dair unless you will land it or you want to surprise the enemy. Do so sparingly on grounded opponents as this move is usually well-read in advance. Be selective of when to air dodge, especially when anticipating a dash attack or a projectile (like a Thoron or a Fully-charged shot) while landing. Reason why is the landing lag after air-dodging is pretty long and good players will always make avoiding moves difficult for anyone landing. If they time their attack well enough, it may mean a split second difference between an attack that would hit you while in the air or as you land. In these cases, you might want to double jump or down-b to ensure grabbing the ledge or to fake the opponent out. Keep doing this unexpectedly though as you don't want to be read while landing as Samus. In one particular battle with a Robin, I was trying to land when it was obvious they were standing still to time a fully-charged Thoron that would have killed me if landed. I decided to double jump in hopes of faking the opponent out but s/he read me well. So it became clear that I had to decide if the Thoron was going to hit me just before I was on the ground or right-after landing. The Robin timed the shot so well, I am still unable to tell when I should have shielded.

Best of luck,
FlAlex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Okay, now to rant about being juggled. Do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT double jump to avoid getting juggled. Accept it. Samus is heavy enough to take a little abuse and since most character's combos aren't too damaging, just take the abuse. Only double jump to avoid juggling when at kill percents and the opponent can reach you. In both scenarios, use your down-B to drop bombs to discourage follow-up attacks(only at distances though) and to make getting to the edge easier. The edge is where Samus shines and this is what you frequently want to move towards after being on the defensive. Only time I would try to return to the ground directly is when the opponent is too far away to land another attack. This is very rare though.
If you do choose this route, stay alert but not anxious. Whiffing any move will result in bad landing lag, unless you use Nair but that's not too easy to land on grounded opponents. Stay away from Dair unless you will land it or you want to surprise the enemy. Do so sparingly on grounded opponents as this move is usually well-read in advance. Be selective of when to air dodge, especially when anticipating a dash attack or a projectile (like a Thoron or a Fully-charged shot) while landing. Reason why is the landing lag after air-dodging is pretty long and good players will always make avoiding moves difficult for anyone landing. If they time their attack well enough, it may mean a split second difference between an attack that would hit you while in the air or as you land. In these cases, you might want to double jump or down-b to ensure grabbing the ledge or to fake the opponent out. Keep doing this unexpectedly though as you don't want to be read while landing as Samus. In one particular battle with a Robin, I was trying to land when it was obvious they were standing still to time a fully-charged Thoron that would have killed me if landed. I decided to double jump in hopes of faking the opponent out but s/he read me well. So it became clear that I had to decide if the Thoron was going to hit me just before I was on the ground or right-after landing. The Robin timed the shot so well, I am still unable to tell when I should have shielded.

Best of luck,
FlAlex.
Thanks man, I'll take all this to heart. I'm on tilt lately because I have been getting demolished online so this helps!

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man, I'll take all this to heart. I'm on tilt lately because I have been getting demolished online so this helps!
Your welcome! Happy to be of service.

I should probably reword the explanation a bit though. When I mean "accept the abuse" I do not mean try nothing. Try to air-dodge and try to DI out of the combo. Just don't worry too much about being combo-ed because Samus is going to struggle in that regard. What was not my intention was to make escaping a combo sound futile. It's just that exiting a combo isn't worth the second jump unless it's something like Mario's up-tilt "combo." (SPAM!!) I believe this is true for all character not just Samus.

Beard Hawk

Smash Apprentice
Sad to hear that you've dropped Samus original poster. The rest of you reading this, don't be put off just because one person doesn't like Samus. I will still be a Samus main for Smash 4. Samus is getting on a lot of veterans' nerves because she's different to how she was in older versions and they are used to how she was, but we'll just have to figure out what she's got going for her this time, rather than worrying about everything that she USED to be able to do but no longer can.

To Dagduh: I tried out Duck Hunt Duo a bit myself. Samus has a hard time falling back to the stage safely, and DHD's up air is a kill move, so as has already been said: try to get back to the ledge if you can. If that's too risky then at least weave through the sky as you're falling in a jerky way so that they can't quite predict where you will land. Often when I'm trying to land and weaving, the opponent will think they know where I'm going to land and start charging a smash attack, so you can just weave further out of their reach so they miss, or even land a hit if you are cheeky. It's pretty dumb if they do charge a smash, but sometimes people are dumb!

EDIT: Stagewise, I'm still probably gonna choose Golden Plains Omega. I like the alternate music (best in the game!), and the walls are handy for wall-jump backairs and stuff. Maybe for proper competitive matches I'll stay away. I prefer Battlefield on Melee to Final Destination, even though it's worse for Cap Falcon, the background is just easier on the eyes.

Last edited:

DoubtComplex

Smash Rookie
I can't fault anyone for dropping samus, all it takes is one below average fox player to show you where she really stands. As much as i love the character now that the game is out i know for a fact that i cant expect to beat top tiers consistently or at all so im developing other characters to cover those matchups. Shes good in a lot of the less common matchups but if you expect to play the field with success you need a different character.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Sad to hear that you've dropped Samus original poster. The rest of you reading this, don't be put off just because one person doesn't like Samus. I will still be a Samus main for Smash 4. Samus is getting on a lot of veterans' nerves because she's different to how she was in older versions and they are used to how she was, but we'll just have to figure out what she's got going for her this time, rather than worrying about everything that she USED to be able to do but no longer can.
Were you referring to me? I am NOT dropping Samus. Will not, probably never will. I love using her too much to drop her. I want to win with her and all her imperfections!

I am dropping Metaknight simply because he doesn't add anything to my list of mains.

I plan on picking up Capt. Falcon for rush -down and MegaMan for mid-range tyranny. Samus will still be my number one though. No one can replace her. If you weren't referring to me, then take this as proof that we Samus users will continue the good fight to prove her viability in this meta.

Xyro77

I havent dropped Samus but i am training Palutena in the event my Samus cant do it.

Also, i learned Zair can now refresh staled moves. This is a buff.

DoubtComplex

Smash Rookie
This isn't really tech but just something i find myself doing a lot. Short hop upair fastfall and airdodge upair to cross up shield and provide an easy bait for people who default to shield grab against air approach. Its a small hitbox but samus actually recovers fast from this so you can continue pressure. This is probably best at mid percents.

Xyro77

elaborate on refreshing Stale moves

It's the same system that was in Brawl. This will be hard to explain but bare with me.

Every time you use a move, it starts to weaken in damage/KnockBack after the 2nd use. max stale is 9 moves in a row. This only works bs CPUs, real players and will not work in training.

So plug in 2 controllers and have Samus jab an enemy 9 times. It should be something like 3,3,2,2,1.5,1,1,1. The only way to get jab back up to 3% (aka full power/fully refreshed) is to start using any move other than jab. After 9 moves that are not jabs, your jab will be at full power aka refreshed. This concept applies to all characters/all moves in smash 4. It prevents you from spamming the same move.

In brawl, Samus users landed thousands of Zairs and it would never refresh moves. In smash 4, it does. This is a buff.

Last edited:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Okay, now to rant about being juggled. Do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT double jump to avoid getting juggled. Accept it. Samus is heavy enough to take a little abuse and since most character's combos aren't too damaging, just take the abuse.
While getting caught without a double jump is very bad (less so for Samus since, as you said, she has bomb maneuverability), that is because it's a very powerful tool. If you aren't properly utilizing tools because you're afraid of being caught without them then you're going to find yourself with a weaker character in the end. Furthermore, a common habit is to begin double jumping at KO %, so good players will be prepared for such a tactic.

pieisamazing

Smash Cadet
I wish there were some videos of Samus [for Wii U]. None of the streams or tournaments feature a Samus player with any regularity/at all.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm glad you haven't dropped her completely. That would be a bit embarrassing after just creating this thread.

Xyro77

I wish there were some videos of Samus [for Wii U]. None of the streams or tournaments feature a Samus player with any regularity/at all.
I can put up videos any time but there Is nothing special about them at all. I make big mistakes (brawl habits) because I don't know the new MUs nor do I know what to do with a Samus that lost everything brawl/Melee gave her.

If you want some I can most def have some up tonight.

Well I'm glad you haven't dropped her completely. That would be a bit embarrassing after just creating this thread.

I truly believe this game requires every player to have a 2ndary if you main any character below top 5. Palutena is my 2ndary.

Last edited:

pieisamazing

Smash Cadet
I can put up videos any time but there Is nothing special about them at all. I make big mistakes (brawl habits) because I don't know the new MUs nor do I know what to do with a Samus that lost everything brawl/Melee gave her.

If you want some I can most def have some up tonight.

I truly believe this game requires every player to have a 2ndary if you main any character below top 5. Palutena is my 2ndary.
Yeah, I'd definitely watch. I've played melee for years and years, but with such poor movement in this game, I feel like I can't maneuver or space very well. I don't [currently] own the game, but even just seeing someone else play, as long as their skill level is anything above terrible (not that you can really tell in this game), would give me some thoughts about how to approach various matchups and I'd jot some notes down about what I'd like to test when I pick up smash later this month.

Xyro77

Ok I'll do it tonight.

Edit: sorry! Was with a girl. I'll do it tomorrow.

Last edited:

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Xyro's growing up, just like Mowgli in the Jungle Book. Good bye friend. =P

Xyro77

Here are some videos as promised. I dont have recording equipment so i am using my iphone. I recorded about 7 matches and here are the first 2. Just friendlies with random tournament players. Though both the players as well as me are bad (the game has only been out a month) i guess just look for situations where i do correct things and situations where i could have improved. I am already seeing where i could have UP+B out of shield several times. The new samus is so different i am having trouble seeing what i need to do and when i need to do it. I still think like this is brawl. very hard habit to break.

Xyro (samus) vs Gaius (falcon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ymrSJH3pH8&feature=youtu.be

Xyro (samus) vs Johnny Socal (MK)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uetY2qVt-X0&feature=youtu.be

Edit: I'll post the rest tonight or tomorrow. I have some vs FALCO and IKE.

I deeply apologize for how bad I play (even though I win). I am having very a difficult time adjusting to a Samus that lost nearly everything she had in brawl.

Last edited:

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Nice. It seems U-Air is the new N-air replacement in terms of high priority safe moves. I need to do more falling, recovery, etc. U-airs. I started using it more last night actually, almost never lets me down (unlike D-air and N-air, cough).

Last edited:

DoubtComplex

Smash Rookie
I like the use of up air, i feel like its generally the only close range aerial we can press and pivot grabs to punish over aggression. The ledge drop then jump bair is pretty nice, i dont get to use it often myself though.

Also at like 3:10 falcon grabs you and then you both slide off the stage, does that happen on other moving stages or is that just this one?

Top Bottom