• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its the done the same peoples glide toss is effected by the persons sliding animation (I think) but they are all done the same.

kupo15

Smash Hero
why does this thread keep getting ignored? CF, maybe you need to put the title in caps because it obviously doesn't get ppls attention which is annoying. I count at least three threads asking if Pit has a CG and a million of arrows being charged etc etc. It appears our efforts to keep this forum clean and organized are Futile *sigh :(

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I think that his forward grab can chain at lower percents...
Also, does anyone know what moves Pit has that "refreshes" his other moves to prevent Stall-move-negation?

mktrane09

Smash Rookie
hey thnx for the glide toss thing.. i was also wondering is there a quick way to edge hog someone?? cos its annoying taht pit doesnt sweetspot the ledge with his normal jump, soo that puts the timing out a bit cos for me i either lose teh invincibility frames too soon or dont grab the ledge in time.. ive been thinking of using WoI cos that seems to auto grab the ledge but is there a quicker way of doing it?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
there is a thing called instant edge gaurd that you will love it can be done by any1. What you do is get as close to the edge as it will let you, rool to the edge until it stops you, then hit diagnal away from the stage and down on the joy stick. This will cause Pit or any1 else to teliport onto the edge. If done right this is the best way to stop a Falco, Wolf recovery. And you'll know when you do it.

And Kupo it wont let me have do all caps

O.M.E.G.A

Smash Cadet
I think that his forward grab can chain at lower percents...
Also, does anyone know what moves Pit has that "refreshes" his other moves to prevent Stall-move-negation?

If you mean no lag after the move, than all of his aerials right as you jump

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
More info about Diminishing attacks and how it works. its all in there but any move can refresh any move.

Also so that people know if you have high gravity on and you glide with Pit it auto does a glide shift. This is only helpful for those who wanta learn glide shifting as it will show you what it looks like and he drops at the same time you should be hitting down on the joy stick. So you can learn when to hit down from this.

arm

Smash Apprentice
I haz a question!

How important is Wingdashing to Pit? Its the first Pit AT Im working on (I like to start out with something challenging), and so far Ive been unsuccessful, but Ive gotten close (tap jump is helpful for training)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Don't use tap jump with Pit it makes controling the arrows a pain and practice with the same settings as you would use in a real fight. Wingdashing is one of the more advanced AT's Pit has and one of the more advanced AT's in brawl aswell, I recomend learning to arrow loop first as this is easier to do and is more fun to watch people's reactions.

Wingdashing is an AT that seem to be either you use alot or don't use at all. Watch some matches of Kupo or Sir Lucario and you'll see it in use. It can be used to get you out of attacks and then hit back (thats how I use it most of the time), to get in behind your target, stop projectiles with the wind push (can be used to advance against projectiles, or hold people in the air or push them back alittle to mess them up so you can strike.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Idk why so many ppl ask that question but it is the hardest AT to learn how to do right. I still have trouble finding the right time to do it. Its funny how it is the most similar thing to wavedashing IMO yet ppl (generalization) think its useless

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Idk why so many ppl ask that question but it is the hardest AT to learn how to do right. I still have trouble finding the right time to do it. Its funny how it is the most similar thing to wavedashing IMO yet ppl (generalization) think its useless
This is probably the wrong place to address this but I think it can be considered another opinion on to the question the guy asked. I don't really agree with wingdashing being compared to wave dashing. Really the only property they share is that they both move you. I suppose they also give you some level of defense but not to the same extent of wavedashing. Really I believe rolling is more similar to wavedashing then wingdashing.

That said wingdashing is good. Its definitly worth learning. Play around with it some see if it fits your style of play. If it does use it a lot if it doesn't always keep an eye out for times that it would be/have been useful but you won't be an incompetent pit player if you don't use it much.

kown

Smash Lord
I haz a question!

How important is Wingdashing to Pit? Its the first Pit AT Im working on (I like to start out with something challenging), and so far Ive been unsuccessful, but Ive gotten close (tap jump is helpful for training)
you should probably learn the basics first such as spacing, DI, and dodging.
i reccomend learning arrow looping and using arrows more effectively.
than id learn angelic step
lastly i would learn wingdashing. ( i find this the easiest AT to use since theres no timing involved. i don't think theres timinig involved. just push the buttons as fast but make sure you push every button. heh thats how i do it.

arm

Smash Apprentice
Sounds to me that wingdashing is helpful. Also, I know this is noobie of me, but I play w/ tap jump on. It feels more natural. If someone could suggest a way to break this 5 yr old habit (since Melee, when I was younger and competitive play was non existent to me), then thnx! (Of course Im trying, but I just end up turning it back on. Im contimplating a shock collar, lol). Also, I need a tutorial for the Angelic Step, the one in the Pit Compendium is, lacking. As for arrow looping, Ill hold off on that for now. Though they do look fun and seem wonderful for some epic mind games, but they dont relate to wingdashing, and if I can solve that one, Ill feel more proud and stuff.

kown

Smash Lord
Angelic Step is on youtube. But if that doesnt help than ill explain it. Spotdodge than rotate your left thumb from the 6 oclock position to the 9 oclock position going counterclockwise. thats how i do it. other ppl say just spotdodge and go 3 oclock to 9 oclock.

Why dont you just stop turning tap jump on? you will eventually get used to it.

Arrow looping is all practice. Id practice offline cuz thereis a difference online and on HD tvs.
Just shoot your arrow as high as possible so that would mean making your thumb go smoothly in a circle from 12 o clock to 3 oclock clounter clockwise.

Falln07

Smash Rookie
I"ve got one since I haven't posted in a while. Is pit more of a FFA character or a 1 vs 1 character because in FFA I'm fine I do rather well, but I really struggle with him at single player matches are there any ways to improve my chances.

kown

Smash Lord
he is a singles player. best way to improve is by sharing a video of you losing.
Work on the basics such as spacing, approaching, and dodging b4 u try all the ATs.

O.M.E.G.A

Smash Cadet
How do I do the AR tech where you take it our and make it go farther when you land?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm using the original wii remote control Without nunchuck.
Can anyone translate the gamecube controller language to wii controler?
I got no clue what F-Tilt means and D-Smash, U-Smash , Bair Fair..

I REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks.
Idk how THAT works but Tilts is the non smash attacks. the F before stands for Forward, B=back etc. so Ftilt is Forward tilt. The Ultimate guide (a couple of threads below) las all of the moves listed as well as an animation next to it so try to mimick the animation. I have no idea how to operate that thing. I use the nunchuck and recommend you do the same or maybe use the Mario Kart wheel

kupo15

Smash Hero
i have been playing him for a little more than 3 months and I am just getting the hang of how to play him well.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Anyone takes alot of time to master, except MK. If Pit matches the way you play then stick with it any you get it.

Falln07

Smash Rookie
Finally was able to start winning in 1 on 1. Figured out that I just have to play a more aerial game with a lot less smashes and a lot more throw tilt combos with some walls of pain mixed in there. That and peppering with some arrow then gimping there third jump. Thanks for even the smallest about of help just thought I'd give kudos

Top Bottom