• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

arm

Smash Apprentice
Another question, tell me if youve noticed this. Occasionally, if you usmash with the c stick while dashing, youll slide during the entire animation. Ive done it many times, without meaning to. From what ive seen, you can also slide a little, or not at all. Its weird and has screwed me up once or twice because I wasnt expecting to slide.

Thnx!

kown

Smash Lord
yea its noticeable and it can be useful too. like dash to upsmash has to be pushed right after the other. and ull notice it everytime.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
I need some good tips against a average kirby who abuses his grab-combos a lot. Can't use arrows the whole time...

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
(i posted here to ask a question, not answer, so you'll want a more complete answer from someone wiser than I)

to avoid his grabs try wingdashing back, the air push should keep you safe. Getting grabbed could be a huge reason why you'd be having trouble, he can take you from 0-51% with 1 grab setup (fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fsmash)

Other than that, i can't help much, i'm not too knowledgeable about this matchup.

Now my question:

Where can i find frame data for Pit's attacks? (when the hitbox comes out, any invincibility or super armor frames, etc.) [I noticed this isn't in the Utimate Pit Guide, if this info is available, perhaps it should be.]

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
(i posted here to ask a question, not answer, so you'll want a more complete answer from someone wiser than I)

to avoid his grabs try wingdashing back, the air push should keep you safe. Getting grabbed could be a huge reason why you'd be having trouble, he can take you from 0-51% with 1 grab setup (fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fsmash)

Other than that, i can't help much, i'm not too knowledgeable about this matchup.
He has a very basic setup: Try to get his grab-combo, after that always side-dodging and forward-smash or another grab-combo in mid-air. I'm so ****ed there, never thought that Kirby has SUCH A great range for grabs. His other two variations are dash attacks+grabs or shield+grabs, it's really hard to catch him without losing the defense.

It's so simple that it really kills me hard. And I'm used to play against pros every day. I think it's because the range and the scissor/stone/paper fighting abilities against another characters. An Marth or Link would have it a lot easier than me.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Try WoI asap after the grab. The wind will you push you out of range for the next grab and its fast.

About the slide, you can go quite far. I went the length of the inner diamond at FD and I love sliding. It allows you to cover ground while charging.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
About the frame data you were asking about we would love to get it in the ultimate guide but noone I know as any way of finding that out if you know some1 who can let us know that would be nice.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Try WoI asap after the grab. The wind will you push you out of range for the next grab and its fast.

About the slide, you can go quite far. I went the length of the inner diamond at FD and I love sliding. It allows you to cover ground while charging.
I don't this with the grab. When should I push exactly the button for WoI? When he caught me or short before? I tried this some weeks ago and I still don't get it.

kown

Smash Lord
ok so i dont understand how forward throw works. sometimes it kills the opponents but than other times it doesnt. like i noticed that ive sent opponents flying fast and other times they just wont die from it. maybe DI has an influence in this but do you have any thoughts?

to prove what im saying i went to training mode as pit and put three kirbys on FD at 155 percent. I threw all of the kirbys forward from the edge and only 1 of the three kirbys died. i think it was the second one if that matters.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
About the frame data you were asking about we would love to get it in the ultimate guide but noone I know as any way of finding that out if you know some1 who can let us know that would be nice.
I don't know anyone. I saw it in the lucario boards for their stuff and i figured there might be a thread somewhere with the frame data for all of Pit's attacks (stuff like that could really help with creating AT's or techs) But unfortunately, unless it's already up somewhere, i don't know anyone who would be able to get it. (I'm not even sure how you would get it if you could...)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
ok so i dont understand how forward throw works. sometimes it kills the opponents but than other times it doesnt. like i noticed that ive sent opponents flying fast and other times they just wont die from it. maybe DI has an influence in this but do you have any thoughts?

to prove what im saying i went to training mode as pit and put three kirbys on FD at 155 percent. I threw all of the kirbys forward from the edge and only 1 of the three kirbys died. i think it was the second one if that matters.
Not sure on that one I would say DI but all the comps should be DIing the same or at least close to it.

My next guss would be degradtion but there is no way it would make that big of a jump so fast.

Finally I would say because of how far you are from the edge but I'm sure you were smart enough to try that.

So I don't know. Lets hope someone does.

On the frame rate thing, If I had the tools then I might try it out it could be a fun little project, but as is I don't if I did you would have seen my vid thread long ago.

On the note of my dazzle: I am barrowing it from a friend and to get it to work on Vista (**** you Vista) I need a DL but to get that I need the serial # that he can't find, So if some one would like to PM me theres that would be nice and I should be able to record. :) I don't expect this to work but would be nice if it did. :)

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
Alrite, quick question. Me and Zamz were playing each other and he's a falco. Obviously, I am Pit. At one point I reflected...his reflector with the shield. (down b) I want to know if anyone else knows that this can be done. It has to be timed PERFECTLY and you cannot punish falco unless you are close range. so this seems useless right? wrong. If you do a very very quick angel ring(short hop, hiyayaYA just as you land) he may try to use his reflector to get a cheap quick hit, but since you were already prepared and weren't extending it you can quickly press down b and it doesn't reflect it back at him, but it turns it him all the way around just as it would any other of his normal attacks. then you can easily punish him with anything if your quick at reacting. I even got Fsmashes in. I'm not going to write this off as a discovery, but I wanted to share this with the pit community. and noooo I am not talking about the super armor the down b has....

But before I do and look completely ********, I'd figure and ask if anyone else knows that you can do this? Because the falco main said he's never seen that done before.

It is highly useful against falco in my opinion and puts a little bit more of a mind game to him using that reflector.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Alrite, quick question. Me and Zamz were playing each other and he's a falco. Obviously, I am Pit. At one point I reflected...his reflector with the shield. (down b) I want to know if anyone else knows that this can be done. It has to be timed PERFECTLY and you cannot punish falco unless you are close range. so this seems useless right? wrong. If you do a very very quick angel ring(short hop, hiyayaYA just as you land) he may try to use his reflector to get a cheap quick hit, but since you were already prepared and weren't extending it you can quickly press down b and it doesn't reflect it back at him, but it turns it him all the way around just as it would any other of his normal attacks. then you can easily punish him with anything if your quick at reacting. I even got Fsmashes in. I'm not going to write this off as a discovery, but I wanted to share this with the pit community. and noooo I am not talking about the super armor the down b has....

But before I do and look completely ********, I'd figure and ask if anyone else knows that you can do this? Because the falco main said he's never seen that done before.

It is highly useful against falco in my opinion and puts a little bit more of a mind game to him using that reflector.
Yeah, it's possible to turnaround him. I had some weird expierence too - but with an Marth-Player. He just recovered from the edge as I used the Mirror Shield. The result: He was inside the edge of Final Destination, his controll was mirrored for the whole time until he died by falling down as he moved.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman

I've seen this a lot. To the point I'm fairly convinced that there is two types of achievable knockback on the fthrow. I haven't tested it yet but my best guess atm is that it has something to do throwing them right when they are about to struggle out. Its weird and definitely worth killing I've gotten decently low percent kills with the strong fthrow.

kown

Smash Lord
yea.

It looks like f throw changes angle when you throw them RIGHT at the edge opposed to near the edge. I think it was such a slight difference that i didnt really look into it but ill have to check that sometime.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Would there be any benefit to learning how to arrow loop UNDER a stage (like Norfair) or is it too situational?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So i'm guessing i should learn this AFTER ART.... gosh, they weren't kidding when they said it was harder than wingdashing.... : /

so after i finish off ART and under the stage arrow looping, what should i learn next?

And a quick confirmation: Wing landing takes away all landing lag, right?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya. And kupo and I wrote an sigjuested order in the ultimate Pit guide. The order is just the 2 of us not the whole comunity.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Ya. And kupo and I wrote an sigjuested order in the ultimate Pit guide.
Got anything for me to do after i finish that? (I've got the basics of everything but ART[and under the stage arrow looping] , i haven't "mastered" anything yet, but i can pull it all off with reasonable effectiveness in a match.) Or would it be better to master all the techs given in the guide, then ask this question?

Another question.
When approaching a grounded opponent from above, what should i do? Would you suggest being offensive or defense, and how so? Perhaps it's depends on the matchup, examples would be nice.

Thanks for all your help.

otter

Smash Ace
Why does Pit have two A combos, and is there any way to control which one you get?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Got anything for me to do after i finish that? (I've got the basics of everything but ART[and under the stage arrow looping] , i haven't "mastered" anything yet, but i can pull it all off with reasonable effectiveness in a match.) Or would it be better to master all the techs given in the guide, then ask this question?

Another question.
When approaching a grounded opponent from above, what should i do? Would you suggest being offensive or defense, and how so? Perhaps it's depends on the matchup, examples would be nice.

Thanks for all your help.
It does depend on the match up. But here are a few things you can try: Dair, nair or fake them out by DIing back or wingdashing is good too.

Why does Pit have two A combos, and is there any way to control which one you get?
I can't tell you why he has 2 but ill say because he is sooooo sweet.

You can control what one you get if you just do AAA pause, then you get the swipes and if you do AAAAAAA..... and so on you get the swinging also known as the AA infa. Both are good at different times.

Falln07

Smash Rookie
Hey Corrupt. Do you have any videos of yourself in friendlies, I've found some of Undr and Kupo, but I would like the chance to study your style of play as well a couple videos would be great.:chuckle:

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Hey Corrupt. Do you have any videos of yourself in friendlies, I've found some of Undr and Kupo, but I would like the chance to study your style of play as well a couple videos would be great.:chuckle:
I wish I can't get my comp (**** you vista!) to record I even got the download I thought I needed last night and no luck. Im going to take it to a friend and have him look at it on Sat. at the state tourny. I can only hope.

Falln07

Smash Rookie
Good Luck at the Tourney. Gencon is only 4 weeks away andn that'll be the first large scale tourney I'm doing. Hopefully all the little ones at Gamestops and EB games will pay off in the long run.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
There is one a Play N trade today that I keep getting 2nd and 3rd in. The 1st play guy isn't going to be there so he said I have to get 1st for him.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Some kind of new question:

I found something quite interesting while waiting for an online match: The down A move cause an spike, right? I got bored and made the move some times until the sandbag doesn't got the spike and simply rotated 360° on the ground. I tried this with some characters in the trainings modus too, looks like you can lock people with the correct timing just before they're landing on the floor. Is that something well-known?

I don't thing that someone will use it in an normal game, but it's quite interesting.

kupo15

Smash Hero
you mean like spike them on the ground? I think it is when they jump or are coming down and I believe its known or should be. ;)

RACK^dk

Smash Rookie
Hello, I just wanted to know:
1) Wingdash, when should I use it? (a video link showing it could also be good)
2) When should I use angelic step?
3) How do I glide tossing? like UndrWorld do in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vUpkV2mak 1:10 - 1:20

also if you could, please, give me a list of all the important techs i should learn and when to use them..? thanks..

kupo15

Smash Hero
1) Unfortunately there is no set place to do it, you have to figure it out yourself by playing around. Its good not only to dodge certain attacks but for general spacing. Look in the 2nd page under "kupo's video thread" The skip vs kupo battles are great at showing wingdashing in action.

2) I havent quite figured this out. I kinda just try it and see what happens

A list of AT's is under THE ULTIMATE PIT GUIDE in the first page as well as a suggested order to learn them

RACK^dk

Smash Rookie
okay thanks :)

and just another simple question... when im wingdashing, I almost all the time get the crouch frames in the ending.. like kupo gets in the start of this demostration video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elAWtlLE874

what am I doing wrong? it's not a real wingdash when he crouch after the Wingdash, is it?

is it because im jumping to high?.. before i WoI.. i read that's a prob with GC controller.. is it the same with classic controllers? or is it because i doesn't dair correct? when i uses the c-stick it doesn't seems to happen that often..?

Top Bottom